However, make sure you read through this article to get every info you need.
Hence, without delay let’s get started.
Go to google.com/device in any browser and Enter Code
What’s the Google.com Device?
Google.com devices can be used to control, enable, and see your list of all devices that are linked to the Google account.
Hence, you can manage all connected devices to the bill to make your account secured via www.google.com/device webpage
Using Google.com/device as your Google account’s device manager, is very easy and it handles all connected devices to your account.
Therefore for devices that are not made by Google, joining the Google service requires an activation code.
This activation code serves as a connection to Google.
The code is verified via https://google.com/device
Hence, this code can be important in many cases due to the fact that it is a Google-generated code available to the user.
Go to google.com/device in any browser and Enter Code
- Apps on your smartphones and Google accounts can be linked to Chromecast.
- However, smart television devices that are not made by Google, must still be connected to a Google account to connect to the device using a code.
- This code appears on your device.
- Hence, you must enter a specific page where you get a link.
- The Page you are directed to can be found at google.com/device.
- Log into your Google account with your browser.
- After logging in, you will generate an authorization number for the device.
- This process is basically accomplished through the account section on your device or the Setup section.
- Then, be sure to note down the authentication code.
- After that, using a web browser, visit https://google.com/device
- Enter the code, then press next.
- Log back in if asked.
- Once you have registered, you can end the registration.
- Reconnect to your device, and you’ll be signed into the Google account.
How to Input Google Code at google.com/device for Device activation?
Follow these steps below to access and use Google services on your device:
- To activate your device, please make sure your device is compatible and is connected to the internet.
- Hence, follow the following steps to proceed:
- Launch your browser on the device you are using.
- Verify that you are using the most recent version.
- Now, sign in for your login.
- You can log in with Your Gmail account.
- Hence, if you don’t have an account, you can create a new account.
- All you have to do is to enter your username, password, email ID, and location, as well as the date of birth and other important info.
- Once you’ve signed in, a generated code will be displayed on the screen of your device.
- Take note of the code and proceed to the next step.
- Using a browser, search for https://google.com/device
- You will be redirected to a new page, where you will ask to “Connect a Device”.
- Enter the code displayed on your device’s screen in the blank field and click “Next”.
- After that, you will be redirected to a different page to verify your identity.
- You will be prompted to sign in again.
- Log in using your details and then proceed.
- After confirmation, the Google services will now be activated on your device.
NOTE: do not share your Google account details with anyone.
Your account can be hacked if it falls into the wrong hand.
Hence, you can use the two-step authentication to safeguard your Google account details.
However, your account is safe and secured with Google, hence you can log in anytime from your comfort zone.
Manage connected devices
Devices that are connected to Google accounts through code can’t be removed from one.
Hence, if you have to delete the device from the Google Account settings list of connected devices, follow these steps below to proceed:
- Launch your browser and log in to your Gmail.
- Navigate to your account page.
- Select Security on the column to the left.
- Then, go to the Your Devices section.
- Scroll to the “Your Devices” section.
- Then, click on “Manage devices”.
- Click the “More” option, which is the 3 dotted buttons on the right side of the device you wish to get rid of.
- Then, click on “Sign Out”.
- After this, the device you wish to get rid of will be removed.
How can you remove your devices from Google Play?
Google Play keeps track of your previously used devices.
Hence, you cannot remove a device from your Google Play history, but you can:
Remove your account from a device.
If you remove your account from a previous device, your Google Play history or activity will not be visible on that device.
Hence, if you plan to sell or give away your device, make sure you first remove your account and do a factory data reset.
However, if you’ve already sold or given away a device without removing your account, you can remove your account from the device distantly.
Learn how to sign out on a device you no longer use.
Hide the device on Google Play.
When you hide a device, it doesn’t show up when you download something from the Google Play website.
Troubleshooting and Repairing google.com/device Code Not found
If you are trying to sign up and activate your device with the Google code but didn’t receive an email with a code, you are on the right page.
Follow these steps below to fix this issue:
- First, check your spam folder for the code.
- Hence, if the code is not in your spam, you may want to check your inbox.
- However, if you didn’t receive any code in your entire mailbox.
- Verify your internet connection, if your device is operating with a slow internet connection, you cannot receive the code.
- Also, make sure your internet speed is high and resend the code.
Hence, follow the steps below to improve the speed of the network:
Set the router close to your device
Also, make sure there aren’t any other devices connected to the same network.
Turn off the internet connection on your device.
Switch off both the device and the router.
Unplug the router from the power source.
In a few minutes, connect the router again and turn on your device.
Hence, be sure your device is connected to the internet
Verify the speed of your internet connection.
Then, sign in and activate the device via https://google.com/device
If encounter an error or issues with the code, proceed to the “Troubleshooting Login Issues for Various Devices”.
Troubleshooting Login Issues for Various Devices
Follow these troubleshooting steps to fix any issues relating to your login device:
For Android Devices
First, uninstall the App on the device and then install it again.
Make sure you are using the updated version of the app which you downloaded.
Hence, you can also download the Google Play Store.
Make sure any software on your device is up-to-date.
Then, go to Google’s official authorized website via https://myaccount.google.com/ to sign in.
Also, be sure to make use of the latest version of your browser and sign up to activate your device via https://google.com/device
Compatible with iPhones and iPads
First, uninstall the App on the device and then install it again.
Verify the compatibility of your device.
Make sure the store you are downloading from is updated.
Also, be sure any software on your device is up-to-date.
Then, sign in using Google’s official authorized sign-in site via https://myaccount.google.com/
Also, be sure that your browser is the latest version before you sign in to activate your account via https://google.com/device
Make sure your television is compatible with Google services.
Smart TV can only run apps that are made by the TV manufacturer-supported.
Hence, be sure that all the updates are completed before trying to log in.
Once you’ve verified that, you can now sign in and activate your account via https://google.com/device
How can I solve google.com/device in any browser and get this message?
- Using a browser, navigate to https://google.com/device
- Enter the code displayed on your device.
- The code is an additional security feature to secure certain services and devices.
- It acts as a 2-factor authentication system
- Then, click on “Next”.
- Verify that your login is legit, and you’ll be permitted to sign in.
- After that, your account will be verified and available to use.
- Although you can do this with any browser on the internet, opera is recommended.
- Opera has an ad blocker built-in that blocks ads and tracks scripts, making websites load more quickly.
- The browser also includes a VPN that you can use to bypass geo-restrictions or add a layer of security.
- It is also very light on resources and handles every task easily.
- Hence with opera, you can organize tabs into workspaces.
- That’s not all, there’s also an inbuilt messenger and Instagram incorporation.
- It is built upon the Chromium engine and can be used with Chrome apps.
Google Home device
Also, Google Home is an app that allows you to set up, manage, and control your Google Nest, Google Wifi, Google Home, and Chromecast devices, and various compatible connected home products like lights, cameras, thermostats, and more.
Google devise and activity
When you use Google sites, apps, and services, some of your activity is saved in your Google Account.
Hence, you can find and delete this activity in My Activity, and can also stop saving most activities at any time.
What is My Activity
My Activity is a central place to view and manage activities such as searches you’ve done, websites you’ve visited, and videos you’ve watched on your device.
How does my activity work
When you use certain Google services, on YouTube, or Chrome, your activity can be saved as data to your account.
Although, this activity helps make your experience on Google faster and more useful.
Google device policy
It is an app that allows you to manage security settings like screen lock or device encryption and also keep corporate data safe.
Also, you can review all the security policies applied to your device at any point in time.
That’s not all, you can also configure corporate WiFi networks or work apps, which are provided automatically on device registration.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later device.
Devices without work profile support are not supported.
A device on which you’re signed in to a Google Workspace account.
When the Android Device Policy is installed on your device, it can access your devices:
It is used to check for available WiFi networks, arrange security policies, and offer a new network when needed.
To be used for device registration and to report device IDs.
To be used to scan QR codes if you enroll the device for management.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How many devices can you have linked to your Google account?
Any user can connect up to 10 devices to his or her account.
Although this applies to Music, it also can apply to all Google accounts anyways.
How do I log into Gmail without a password or a number?
The only way you can gain access to Gmail without a password and telephone number is to reset your password.
Hence, follow these steps to reset your password:
- Open your Google Account.
- You will be required to sign in, and sign in using your Google account details.
- Then, locate “Security,” and choose Password.
- You might need to sign in again.
- Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
- You’ll be asked some questions to confirm it’s your account and an email will be sent to you.
- Choose a password that you haven’t already used with this account and you’re done!
How can I log in to my Google account without a verification code?
You can access your Google account without having to enter the verification code if you’ve disabled the Two-factor authentication before logging in.
How do I manage my Google devices?
Follow these steps to manage your Google device:
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security.
- Then, on your device’s panel, select “manage all devices”.
- You’ll see devices you’ve recently signed in to your Google Account with or have been in the last few weeks.
- For more details, select a device or a session.
- However, Devices or sessions where you’re signed out will have a “Signed out” indication.
- If multiple sessions appear for the same device type, they might all be on one device or multiple devices.
- Review their details, and if you’re not sure all the sessions are from your devices, sign out on them.
What should I do if I don’t receive a Google confirmation code?
If you did not receive the Google verification code, make sure you look in the Spam folder of the email program you use.
On the other hand, you can request it once more.
What can one do using a Google confirmation code?
Google verification code acts as a second password and is typically delivered to your email address or mobile.