How to Recover Your Forgotten Gmail Password – Gmail Password Recovery
Google is the leading email service or electronic mail service, provider. Ever since it took down its competitor yahoo mail. The company or the google digital product; Gmail has continued to thrive leaving other email companies behind. That being said, this post is primarily to show you how to recover your forgotten Gmail password.
This article is targeted at people having the following question;
- Can’t remember the Gmail password or recovery email?
- Gmail can’t recover the password?
- How to change the Gmail password recovery email?
- how to get Gmail password recovery?
- Gmail can’t reset the password?
- How to change the Gmail password recovery phone number?
- How can the Gmail password recover?
So we are going to delve straight to the official method of recovering your lost Or forgotten Gmail account password. To enable you to do Gmail login with your Gmail to login credentials.
Gmail Account Password Recovery – Forgotten Password – Google Account Password Reset
We are going to taking you step by step to all the password recovery methods Google offers its Gmail users in the event that they forgot their google account or Gmail password.
Last remembered Password Recovery Method
As quickly as possible, all you need to do is to access the google account login page at www.gmail.com/sign-in.
- With your browser visit the sign-in page above.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Key in the last password you used to log in to your google email, that’s if you can remember any.
- Tap on submit to proceed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
Secondary Email Password Recovery Method
Tap on the “Try a different question” link to recover the password using the backup email or secondary email used during the account setup.
- Input the secondary email you used during your Gmail account registration.
- After keying in the email you used when you did the Gmail account setup, an email on how to reset your Gmail password will be sent to you.
- Follow the instruction on the Password recovery email to reset your google account password.
However, if you don’t have access to the secondary email you used during the Gmail account sign up, users can turn to alternative or account recovery method three “Answer Security question”. A form of account protection google passed earlier google account holders in other to protect their account from people who would want to gain access to it.
How to Recover your Gmail Forgotten Password through Security Questions
There are several password recovery methods Google put in place for recovering users’ passwords if forgotten, one such method is what we have made known to you through the last remembered password. Secondly is through the secondary email address used as a backup email during google email account set up
We are going to show how to recover your password by answering the security questions you answered during Gmail account creation.
- Firstly, Tap on the “Try a different question” link.
- Hit on the answer security questions.
- You will be taken to the security question page.
- Hit on the question and provide the accurate answer supplied during the account sign-up. (Questions such as what’s your mother’s Median name, what country do you grow up in, what is the name of your favorite teacher, what city did you grow up in, what is the name of your best friend, etc).
How to Secure Your Gmail Account
Let’s assume you have recovered your account password with the new password you have created, the next thing is to secure your account not only from fraudulent activities but also from unwanted access. Use password recovery when next you forget your account password.
You can secure your account by reviewing the “Check the security settings associated with your Gmail account” pop up by Google. The pop up will suggest or provide a means where you can add a phone number, current backup email which allows easy password recovery with just a 6-digit text code sent to your phone number as a text message or to your email as a text PIN with a link to the PIN input page.
Account Security Check
To check if your account is properly secured, you will need to go to the settings and check these five basic things;
- Firstly, A backup or secondary email,
- A phone number,
- The device last signed in to your account,
- The location from which the device signed in and
- A sophisticated password that can’t be easily figured out by hackers and other online fraudulent users.
How to get it done
- Open your browser, and visit the google Gmail account page.
- Sign in to your account using your account username name; email and password.
- Go to the Google Account Settings page.
- Click on your profile image (the first letter of your first name if you don’t upload a profile picture yet) in the upper-right corner, then “My Account.”
- On this page, click “Signing in to Google.”
The New Account Security Settings – Two-Factor authentication
Recently, Google released a two-way authentication for security reasons. This is to make sure the real owner of the account gives a login or an account sign in consent from the registered device or phone number on the owner’s account before an account sign in with the username and password.
To highly secure your google account we recommend you do the Google two-factor authentication set up by going to your account settings and enable it