This post simply helps you on how to close Citi bank account online for free but before then, we would like to take you a bit on how Citi bank came about Online Banking. You can skip the next heading if you aren’t interested to read.
About Citi Bank – Personal Online Banking
CitiBank launched Citicard in the year 1992 which allowed customers to perform all transactions without a passbook. Branches also had terminals with simple one-line displays that allowed customers to get basic account information without a bank teller. The era of credit cards just began. Shortly after Citi Bank introduced an online banking system www.Citibank.com registered in 1991, though the website was initially used only for email and other internet interactions.
Citibank pioneered online access to accounts using 300-baud dial-up only. At first, access was through proprietary software distributed on a 5.25-inch floppy disk. Following the creation of the World Wide Web, the bank offered browser-based access as well. And that is how you came to creating a CitiBank account online which you are on a verge of how to close CitiBank Account online for free.
If you want to close your Citibank account or credit card or savings account, Yes, we will help you do that for free. However, we advise you to calculate your action. Because closing your account with Citibank means losing your data or banking information with them.
Citi Bank Account Closure Requirements
Before you can close your account with Citibank online banking system, you will need to provide the following information.
- Withdraw all your money or moved it to another bank.
- You will need to visit citibank.com to download the account termination form or visit any Citibank near you to collect the account termination form.
- You will have to answer why you want to close your account. So be ready to come up with reasons why account termination.
Citi Bank Account Closure Request Form – download the Account request form and Fill it
It will be important to take through the details you will meet when you download and are about to fill the account closure request form. Some of which is; account name, type, and number, the purpose of account closure, currency type, accountholders name, address, PIN, and Zipcode. This list might not be comprehensive but it’s a fair view of what the account closure request form looks like.
How to Close Citi Bank Account Online for free
Quickly, let’s get to the action. The first step is to download the Citi bank online account closure form.
- Fill the form with the above-listed information.
- Send the filled form to Citibank N.A, Mail Room, ACROPOLIS, 9th Floor, New Door No.148, (Old No.68) Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004.
- If you can’t send the form through the mail, you can visit any Citibank near you and submit the form.
- On your submission of the form, make sure to request an approval letter.
- If account termination is successful, you will receive an email stating that your account has been terminated, though it might take days.
Citibank Account Closing Fee
The closing CitiBank online account is completely free of charge.
CitiBank customer Service
You can contact the Citibank customer’s services via 1-888-CITIBANK (1-888-248-4226).
Mobile CitiBank Online
Banking with Citibank comes with more easy banking access with Mobile Citibank App. To use the App in doing all your banking transactions, visit your device App store and download the CitiBank App. It works for both Android and iOS.