When you see a post on Facebook that you like, your first instinct may be to share it with your friends or followers. But the big question is how do you copy and repost on Facebook? To make this possible, Facebook makes it easy for you to use the share feature.
With this feature, you can repost videos, photos, links as well as text. By using the share button, you can quickly spread ideas and promote products or services on Facebook.
So instead of just trying to reword a post, you can share to repost the original and even add your own remarks at the beginning. When you use the official Share feature, the original poster will get credit even though the post pops up on your wall.
So how do you copy and repost on Facebook?
- Sign in to your Facebook account
- Search for the post you want to copy and repost on your newsfeed. It can be from a friend’s profile or business page.
- Click on the “Share” button under the post.
- Make use of the drop-down box in the “Share This Status” dialog box to select who you want to share the post with. You can then easily repost to your own timeline, a friend’s timeline, to a group, on a page you own or as a private message to another user.
- Then you can filter who sees the shared post by using the “Custom” drop-down box in the “Share This Status” dialog box. This enables you to choose to exclude certain people or lists from viewing the post, even if you share it on your timeline.
- Then compose a message of your own in the “Write something”… box. This is not needed but offers you the medium to add to the original message or explain why you are reposting.
- Then click on the “Share Status” to repost.
With this, you have successfully copied and reposted another person’s Facebook post. You can do this either on your wall, on a friend’s timeline, on a group, or even on a page. It’s that simple!!