Almost everyone has heard of and used the Netflix streaming platform. If you have not, you are already missing out on a whole lot. This is because Netflix has become one of the most popular TV and movie streaming platforms currently. Netflix streaming covers almost all categories of users. Ranging from the deaf, hard of hearing, non-native English speakers, or people who just enjoy it.
If you are a user of Netflix and want to thoroughly enjoy your viewing experience, enabling close captioning may be necessary to thoroughly enjoy your viewing experience. However, the good news is, enabling closed captioning subtitles is quite simple irrespective of the device you are using to access Netflix.
Mobile (iOS/Android) – How to Get Closed Captioning When Streaming Netflix
If you are using an iOS or Android device, you’ll discover that the Netflix app on both devices provides a built-in capability. This is to enable closed-captioning quite easily.
- Do this – during playback, click anywhere on the screen to access the toolbar. Then tap on the Dialog icon.
- Click to select your desired subtitle option and then click OK.
Web Browser (PC) – How to Get Closed Captioning When Streaming Netflix
If you are using Netflix from your web browser, then enabling closed captioning is just as easy.
- During playback, linger over the Dialog icon which is in the toolbar. Then click to select your desired subtitle option.
- And that’s it!!
Game Systems (PS4 /Xbox One) – How to Get Closed Captioning When Streaming Netflix
You can easily enable closed captioning on your favorite game system also. On both Sony and Microsoft’s latest offerings, the Netflix app includes this functionality. Here’s how it works:
- During playback, press the “Down” option on your controller.
- Choose “Audio & Subtitles” and press the “X on PS4” option. Alternatively, you can press “A on Xbox One”.
- Make use of the “Directional Buttons” in selecting your desired subtitle option. Then press “X on PS4” or press “A on Xbox One” to confirm.
Blu-ray Players, Smart TVs, and Set-Top Boxes
You also have the option of using closed-captioning on your smart TV, internet connected Blu-ray player, or set-top box. These devices includes Samsung smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, as well as Google TV, among others. Even though there are some interface differences between devices, these steps should give you access to enable subtitles on most devices.
- Start with launching the Netflix app on your device.
- Choose your desired movie or TV show.
- Enter the options panel and choose “Audio & Subtitles”.
- Then highlight and choose your desired subtitle option.
- Navigate back to the main screen for your movie or TV show choice.
- Then press the “Play” option.
During playback, press the “Down Arrow” option on your remote.
Choose “Audio & Subtitles” from the options.
Then choose your desired subtitle option.