With the NYCAPS ESS employee self-service, you get the following benefits as an employee:
- Demand an employment or salary verification letter.
- Instant access to your HR, tax, payroll, and benefit details.
- View and apply to jobs.
- Access to paperless paystub. This helps preserve our environment since we don’t have to fell trees.
Leave and the Accidental Death Benefits.
- View other data such as Date of Birth, Original Hire Date, Military Status, and Email Address
- Again, View your Pension details.
- View your Leave Statements
Add/Update Emergency Contacts
- View, designate and update your beneficiary(ies) for Lump Sum Cash Payment for Accrued.
Here, you can:
- View and print salary and earnings verification letters and employment history
View and apply to jobs within the City
- Create, update or view Performance Documents
Professional Skills Profile
- Add/Update the languages you read, speak and write
- Next, Add/update your education credentials.
- Add/Update your Professional Licenses and Certifications
Pay and Tax Information
From here, you will be able to do the following:
- View, enroll in, and update Direct Deposit Information
- View and print W-2, 1127, and 1095-C forms from prior to tax years
- Also, View and print Electronic Pay Stubs
- View Pay Detail and Deduction History
- View, designate and update your beneficiary(ies) for Lump Sum Cash Payment for Accrued
Leave and the Accidental Death Benefit
As an employee, you will be able to:
- Enroll in Benefits (during the Annual Transfer period or during the New Hire process)
- Add or Drop Dependents
- Change Healthcare Waiver Status at the time of a Life Event
- View, enroll in and update your College Savings, IRA, and Treasury Direct Payroll Deductions
- Next, View, enroll in and update your Commuter Benefits Payroll Deductions
- View, enroll in, and update your NYC Gives Payroll Deductions
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do in Employee Self‐Service (ESS)?
You can do all the things we explained above in the employee self-service.
When can I access NYCAPS ESS?
- The ESS is available 24/7. But in some evenings, you may experience brief
maintenance windows starting at 8:30 PM and on Sundays.
How do I access NYCAPS ESS?
- As long as you are in your workplace, click on this link below:
- However, if you are at home or a public location, please use the
Internet website: www.nyc.gov/ess
Don’t forget that your User ID is your 7-digit Employee ID/PMS Reference # given to you by your agency or found on your pay stub.
Also, your Initial Password includes the last 2 digits of your SSN, an underscore (“_”), the first 3 letters of your birth, month (must be upper case), your birthday including the leading zero, and your birth year (e.g., the password for an employee with an SSN of XXX-XX-XX99 and birth date of February 01, 2000, would be 99_FEB012000).
What if you encounter a challenge Logging in?
This NYCAPS Employee Self‐Service User Guide is available at certain agencies.
I hope you got value. In case you still have questions, drop them in the comments section. I will answer them.