What is Google Drive?
Google Drive at work, school, and at home
Google Drive is an online storage platform used by many if not all, to store and backup files. Thus, this was launched by Google in April 2012. This platform is a popular tool for handling business, schools, and individual data.
Official Drive Apps
Google Drive is now an in-app format and can be used in iOS and Android devices. Thus, you can get this for your mobile device free. With the app, you can do a lot like uploading and downloading files from your Google Drive account anytime. More so, you can search for files, view select files offline, and also share files with others.
You can also scan your documents With the Google Drive Android app using your Smartphone’s camera.
Google Drive apps didn’t just end here, you can also get Google Drive program for windows and Mac computers. Thus, you will get the same experience with Mobile apps here. For instance, you can sync local documents to the cloud and still access them anytime.
Is storage free?
There is still free storage space for you on Google drive. But the paid plans open up more storage volume for you. Free users can access 15GB storage space from Google Drive without paying dim.
Paid plans can offer you storage space starting from 100GB up to 30 terabytes. You have the option to renew payment monthly or annually.
How to Create a Google Drive Account
Do you have a Google account? If yes, then this will be an easy task to handle. Your Google account can be used to sign up for many other Google products such as Gmail, YouTube, and Google plus, etc. All you need to do is to move to the google drive app and sign up with your account information. Here are the steps to creating a Google drive account.
- Firstly, launch your web browser and navigate to drive.google.com
- Click on the “Go to Google Drive” button with blue color.
- Slide down and click on the “create account” button.
- Here is the signup form. Fill out your first and last name with a new password. Still re-enter that same password into the second field for password. This is to ensure you know what you entered for the first time. Proceed to “Use my current email address”. Note that your Google account username is the same as your Gmail email address.
- Afterward, click on the “Next” link.
- Now is time to verify your phone number. Thus, this is very important in securing your account against hackers.
- You will be sent a code to your mobile phone. Copy the code and paste it in the required field.
- Fill out other necessary information such as gender, birthday, and a backup email for your account security as well.
- Now you have successfully created a new google account.
How to Login to Google Drive
To log into your Google Drive account, follow the steps below, and get your Google account information ready.
- Launch your web browser and visit drive.google.com.
- Proceed to Go to Google Drive.
- Enter the email or phone number associated with your Google account. Tap next.
- Enter your password for your Google account and click next.