A lot of the things we do today are powered by the level of information we can access. With the newly introduced SYNC Connect which allows Ford vehicle owners to stay connected in ways that make information and remote access very easy as well as staying connected with every other device; smartphone, PC, and other gadgets that need the internet to stay connected.
FordPass rolled out different utility features for Ford vehicle owners; a powerful way to connect to your vehicle—remotely with the SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot, SYNC AppLink, FordPass Connect, Waze and Ford+Alexa and lots more.
SYNC Connect – How to Activate FordPass SYNC Connect – SYNCMyRide.com Activate Instructions
Activating your SYNC connect with your Smartphone and Fordpass is very simple and easy, though you will need to stay connected with the latest SYNC Connect App. To do that you will need to download FordPass App on your smartphone app store. (Google Play for Android users and Apple App Store for iOS users). The following instructions will put you through the activation of your SYNC connect;
- Visit your smartphone App store.
- Using the search bar, search the Fordpass App.
- Download the App.
- Open the App and login with your Ford owner account credentials; account username and password.
- Don’t have an Ford Owner account yet, visit syncmyride.com/activate;
- Tap on the register/sign-in link at the top right side of the page.
- Navigate and tap on “Create an Account.”
- Fill in the registration details required.
FordPass with FordPass Connect App
Done Downloading the Fordpass App on your App store and for those who don’t have a Ford owner’s account; created account using the above instructions. The Next thing is to connect your Fordpass through Fordpass connect App.
- After login on the App.
- Add your SYNC equipped vehicle.
- Go to the My Vehicles Card
- Click on Add Vehicle
- To add a second vehicle click the plus button; that’s if you have a second Ford vehicle to add.
- Scan the VIN barcode by selecting the Use Camera tab and point your phone’s camera to the VIN label located on your vehicle’s driver door sill
- You’ll get a scanned successfully screen
- Assign a vehicle nickname then click Finish
- A screen directing you to activate SYNC Connect by touching the Activate SYNC Connect button will appear.
- After a few minutes go to your vehicle to start it
- You will see a notice pop up on the SYNC 3 touch screen – “Your name has requested to be the Ford Owner account owner for this vehicle.
- Select Allow to enable the full set of Ford Owner features which includes vehicle location and other information.”
Precaution: make you do select Allow in the pop up within 10 startups, if you don’t, you will not gain access to remote features and will need to reactivate from the beginning. Once you do after a short period of time all remote features can be accessed from your smartphone’s FordPass Vehicle Controls Card
Ford SYNC Features– SYNC Connect Functions
As with all innovative technology products, SYNC has evolved since its introduction. There are four versions of SYNC available, depending on your ford vehicle’s model and year; SYNC (basic system) and SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation, SYNC with MyFord Touch, and SYNC 3. We won’t go deep on the Ford SYNC types if you want to learn more about that, you can visit the SYNC description page on the Ford official Site at https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html.
At this point we will talk about the amazing features of Ford SYNC.
#1: SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot – With the Ford SYNC connect Wi-Fi you can connect a minimum of 10 devices at a signal range 50 feet away from the vehicle, making it very possible to still control your car even when you seem far away of invisible.
#2: SYNC Connect FordPass – The SYNC connect Fordpass is the remote features that give you control of your ford vehicle on your palms. This feature allows ford owners to control some car functions remotely such as vehicle location tracking, lock and unlock vehicle doors, Activate vehicle AC/Heating, initiate diagnosis, etc.
#3: SYNC AppLink – with the SYNC Applink ford owners can control their phone functions while driving using the voice command or their vehicle built-in touchscreen; certain functions can be initiated like answering of incoming calls, opening of Apps, playing of music, opening of text messages and lots more.
#4: Ford+Alexa – With the Ford+Alexa ford vehicle owners can from afar receive traffic information ahead of them before to either halt their movement, change a route, or be prepared to face the traffic.
#5: SYNC 3 Android – Apple CarPlay – With the Ford carplay, you can do lots of things with your SYNC connect such as stream music, listen to voicemails, etc.