The Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program is designed to help Texas residents check their current surcharge accounts and make payments online. This online portal is easy to use even though any payments processed on the site require a 24-48 hours time frame. On this site, users can process their drivers’ history which takes up to 5 days to update.
The Texas Department of Public Safety stands as a department of the government of the state of Texas. The department is in charge of statewide law enforcement and vehicle regulation. The firm is headquartered in Austin, Texas United States. Additionally, its operations cover only Texas, USA. The department acts more like civilian police and has as its core service, courtesy, service, and protection.
WWW.txsurchargeonline.com Payment Details
The TexasSurge website is run as a fee-free service to customers.
Before you get started on the website, here are a few things you need to have handy:
- Current Texas driver’s license or ID card number.
- A reference number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
- A valid checking, savings, or money market account.
After having the above-mentioned details handy, here’s what to do:
- Take the first step by clicking on “Online Services”
- Enter the Texas driver’s license or ID card number. (or Department of Public Safety assigned number)
- Type in your date of birth (MM/DD/YYY).
- Key in your last name only (the same way it is listed on your current driver license, I.D. card or Surcharge notice letter)
- Enter a five digit zip code
- Complete the process by clicking on the white login tab.
Users can make cash payments at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger location nationwide. Alternatively, they can pay by visiting the payment page and entering the same details as listed above.
TXSurchargeonline.com. Customer Service Contact
If you have any questions you need clarification on about the website, use the details below to contact customer service:
- Contact the customer service by calling Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882.
- Program Specialists Monday – Thursday 8 am – 9 pm and Friday 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
While calling, there is an automated system available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in order to obtain account details. Also for making payments using a credit card, debit card, checking savings or money market account.
Users can also use the contact form in sending a report via email.
Just tap on the contact link at the top of the homepage and enter the following details:
- Enter the first name
- Type in the last name
- Enter driver’s license or ID card number
- Enter also Surcharge reference number
- Type in Email address
- Key in also the daytime phone number
- Key in your message
- Complete the process, by click at the Submit button.
TXSurchargeonline Dates Closed
The call center is closed during the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – First Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day – Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day – December 25