Green Dot credit card application, what steps can I take to get it done? If you are ready to apply for the Green Dot credit card, you just need to understand that it’s not a difficult task at all. All you have to do is relax, and go through this article as we give answers to all your questions.
The Green Dot credit card is a secured credit card that helps you build credit. It is card that is acceptable wherever Visa is accepted. This U.S. credit card is designed for U.S. citizens, to help them build their credit scores.
To apply for this card, you do not need to have a good credit score. Thus having a good credit score is not one of the requirements for getting the Green Dot card. Secured credit cards are known to be good starter cards for those who wish to rebuild their credit or for those who are just starting out on building credit. The Green Dot card also falls in this category as it helps those who are starting out and those who want to rebuild their credit in achieving their aim.
Over time, you can build a strong credit score as you engage with transactions. You’ll also have to follow a responsible credit use pattern with your Green Dot credit card.
Let’s start by analyzing the features of the Green Dot credit card:
Features of Green Dot Credit Card
- Helps you in building your credit score over time.
- By making purchases with your card, you get points added to you.
- Even though it is a card designed for U.S. citizens, they can take it wherever they go and make purchases with it.
- A good starter credit card for those who want to establish their credit score.
- Easily apply online for free
You now have a pre-knowledge of what you’ll be applying for. If these benefits meet your needs, you can go ahead and apply:
Green Dot Credit Card Application
To apply for and own a Green Dot card, these are the required steps you have to take:
- Launch your web browser
- Log into greendot.com/for-people/our-products/secured-credit-card
- Navigate through to the “Apply” tab and apply for your card.
- Provide your personal details which include your name, date of birth, SSN/TIN, etc.
After you have applied and have been approved, you can wait for a response. If you are approved, your card will be mailed to you. With your card in your hands, you can sit back and enjoy the rewards of your card.
Green Dot Credit Card Activation Page
Now that you have your card in your hands, you have to activate it in order to have it become fully functional. Go with these simple activation steps:
- Launch a functional web browser
- Visit https://platinum.greendot.com/Activate/Activate
- You’ll be directed to the activation page.
- Provide your account number, enter the first name registered to your credit card, and other information related to your credit card.
- Enter your card expiration date, SSN, zip code, and your state.
Now your card is fully functional and can be put to good use.
With what you now know about the Green Dot credit card, you can apply and start building your credit on time.