How to Fix a Blurry TV, Is your television screen displaying a blurry picture? If it is, then it is an indication that something is wrong. There may be a number of causes for a blurry television display. Ranging from incorrect television settings to using an incompatible cable box. In most cases, a blurry picture can be easily fixed by troubleshooting and finding the source of the problem which will
Do you want to fix the blurry screen on your television? Then you should consider taking these steps:
How to Fix a Blurry TV
- Start by unplugging the power cord from the TV and have it plugged into a different outlet. The current electrical outlet could be delivering interference, which causes the display to blur. Note, however, that a high-quality surge protector will often help in eliminating electronic interference.
- Next, ensure you move the nearby electronic devices away from the television. This includes computers and other electronic equipment and household appliances. This is because they often are the source of electrical interference responsible for a blurry picture.
- For the third step, inspect the cable connections between the television and the cable box. Then make sure you are using the right cables. the use of HDMI cables s specifically designed to transmit high-definition signals to the television. Try not to use analog cables or RCA connectors with this type of TV. colored red, white, and yellow are RCA connectors
- Then, turn off the digital noise reduction feature on the television. Digital noise reduction will adjust the natural image of the picture which is displayed on the screen by changing lighting levels, sharpness and other visual properties. Note that sometimes, this setting can interfere with picture quality, which causes it to degrade.
- Go ahead and review the specifications of the television as well as the cable box. If the TV is high-definition (HD) but the cable box is not, you will have to upgrade the cable box and have it replaced with an HD-compatible model. HDTVs will not display a proper picture without an HD cable box.
- Thereafter, adjust the display settings until the picture is no longer blurry. If you are watching a standard-definition channel on an HDTV, note this. stretched out and distorted pictures are to fit the television screen. You are to adjust the display settings so the picture does not appear stretched or distorted.
- Then close the curtains and turn off the lights in the room where you are watching the television. Glaring on the screen can reduce the quality of the picture.