Do you know you can start your career as a mechanic in Canada with visa sponsorship?
Are you looking for mechanic Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
If yes, then this article is for you.
However, be sure to read the entire article to get every info you need.
Now, without delay let’s get started.
A mechanic is a skilled person who repairs and maintains machinery, engines, motors, etc.
Hence, below are some types of mechanic jobs:
- Diesel Mechanic
- General automotive mechanic
- Tire mechanics
- Marine mechanics
- Brake and transmission technicians
- Auto body mechanics
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Heavy equipment mechanic
- Race car mechanics
- Service technicians
- Auto glass mechanics
Mechanic Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
You can earn a Visa sponsorship to work in Canada.
However, working as a mechanic is a great chance to begin and earn a visa sponsorship.
There are many companies in Canada with high demand for skilled and experienced mechanics.
Hence, these companies sought a person with general maintenance and good mechanical skills to fill up the position.
However, if these companies fail to get a qualified Canadian for the job, they may decide to open the position to foreigners and sponsor the individual for a work visa.
Hence, this is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss out on.
What is a Visa Sponsorship?
You need to understand the term “visa sponsorship” before applying for a mechanic job via visa sponsorship.
Visa sponsorship is a term used when the Visa permit of a foreigner in another country is being sponsored by an individual or an organization.
Also, this sponsor can be a family member, an organization, or an employer.
Hence, the sponsor must submit an appeal requesting the foreigner to be granted permission to apply for a Visa in the country.
Then, if the appeal is approved by the Immigration officers, the individual can now apply for the visa he/she wants.
However, there are several types of Visa Sponsorships, some of them are;
- Green card sponsorship visa
- Visitor sponsorship visa
- Self-visa sponsorship visa
- Employment-based scholarship visa
Hence, in this article, we will be focusing on Employment-Based Visa Sponsorship.
Visa Sponsorship, mechanic Jobs
You can utilize this chance to apply for a job as a mechanic in Canada.
However, your employer must assist you to obtain a Visa.
Also, you have your role to play, hence you must have outstanding specialized skills to increase your chances of getting the job and a successful Visa sponsorship.
On the other hand, your potential employer must provide valid proof that he/she was not able to find a qualified Canadian worker for the Truck driving job.
He/she must also complete the application for the visa for you, prepare the necessary labor certification paperwork, and provide a good appeal for your Visa.
How to get Visa Sponsorship
You can get a Visa sponsorship by applying for a Job in a company willing to sponsor your visa.
This also includes the Job of a mechanic.
However, if you qualify for a job you’ve applied for, your sponsor will now sponsor your visa.
How to Apply for mechanic Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
Follow these steps below to apply for a mechanic Job with Visa Sponsorship:
- Using a browser, open https://ca.indeed.com/
- Then navigate to the search option
- Now in the search bar, search for “mechanic”
- After that, be sure to go through the Job listings on the page
- Then, click on the one you want to apply for.
- However, make sure you read through the Job details such as the “Benefits”,” description”, “Job Salary” etc.
- Now, click on “Apply Now” on the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your “Email address” on the opened page and click on “Continue”.
- After creating your account, Fill out the application form carefully and upload every required document
- Now, you can submit the application form after this.
- Hence, if you are fit for the job, you will be contacted by the employer and the visa sponsorship process would begin.
Easy Guide on the Canadian Jobs Visa Sponsorship Process
Ensure the following, if you want to sponsor your foreign employee for a Canadian visa:
- Ensure the job position meets the minimum entry requirements which is a Bachelor’s degree.
- Decide on a salary with your employee which must be at least the U.S required wage.
- Obtain a Labor certificate from the United States Department of Labor (DOL).
- File a petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- After this, wait for the Lottery selection to see if the foreigner you are sponsoring would be picked.
- Hence, if your employee is selected, you can go ahead to fill the forms issued by USCIS.
- On the other hand, if your employee is not selected, you may have to begin the process again.
Mechanic Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Below are the available mechanic jobs with full Job descriptions, they are:
Global Force Resource
Heavy Diesel Mechanics – Truck
This company is an international recruitment agency focusing on the mechanical trades with over 20 years of commercial vehicle sales, service, and support experience in Canada.
- Trade Qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic (equivalent to License Technician 310T for Ontario)
- Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience essential
- Experience within an approved Truck Dealership required
- Current OEM Electrical experience
- Extensive knowledge of Heavy Truck mechanical components and principles of operation
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to productivity and good work ethic
- Commitment to employee morale/customer satisfaction
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to relocate to Canada
- Perform quality truck repairs efficiently
- Diagnose and repair A/C
- Diagnose and repair chassis and major component electronics
- Diagnose/overhaul engines
- Diagnose / overhaul transmissions/rear axles
- Repair cab interior/exterior
- Complete all paper work relating to jobs carried out
- Work within warranty and company guidelines and procedures
See Job Benefits
- Competitive trade rates depend on relative experience
- Health Benefits program
- A clean modern well-equipped facility
- Paid ongoing training
- Employer Supported Work Permit
Penske is a leading global transportation services provider, it operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Its product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions.
- 2 year’s practical experience with vehicle repair or truck repair preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in an apprentice program
- Must maintain membership/registration with respective Government Agencies
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- Current driver’s license class G or class 5 and the ability to obtain class DZ it within 6 months of being hired required
- Basic computer skills are preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference check.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
See Job Duties
- Remove, replace or adjust the following with some supervision: brakes (air and hydraulic), fifth wheel, minor electrical repairs, cab components and accessories, minor trailer maintenance such as doors, wheel seals, etc.
- Perform all aspects of preventive maintenance on vehicles as trained
- Perform other mechanical repairs and replacements as directed/assisted by Technician I, II, -Lead Technician or Supervisor as part of the overall training
- All customer service duties as necessary
- Pick-up and delivery of vehicles
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Modern and clean work environment
- Industry-leading technology and tools
- Competitive salary
- Attractive shift premiums
- New equipment and technology from a variety of suppliers/dealerships
- RRSP program with company match
- Affordable health & dental benefit package
- Free uniforms and laundry service
- Tool and boots allowance
- Vacation time 11 paid statutory holidays paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive technical and professional training
- Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
- Partner’s discounts
Maintenance Mechanic (Permanent – Full time)
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.
- Job Type: Full-Time – Permanent
- Department: Buildings and Systems Engineering
- Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road, Caledon, ON L7C 2L8
- Workdays: Monday to Friday (flexibility is required to work occasional weekends and non-regular shifts, especially in peak season) Available Shifts: Day/Night
- Pay rate starts from $35.00/hr.
- Average work Hours: 42.5 hours per week with the potential for overtime
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid 433A Millwright Certification of Qualification is highly preferred but extensive relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of post-apprenticeship experience performing maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Ability to receive and give instruction over the radio in an industrial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of performing maintenance on conveyor belts.
- Knowledge of plumbing and building schematics.
- Knowledge of keyboard and basic computer skills.
Now Job Duties
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings and transfer plates.
- Troubleshooting adjusting and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, and timers.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as puck sorters, flow splitters, diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting troubleshooting repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grating.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Opportunity to work in UPS Canada’s largest state-of-the-art automated sorting facility.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How long does Visa Sponsorship Process Take?
It takes about three months or more for your visa to be processed by USCIS.
Hence, your employer can also choose to speed up the process by paying a premium processing fee.
What other Jobs are Available for Foreigners in Canada?
There are other jobs you can apply for as a foreigner in Canada Apart from the mechanic Job.
This job includes;
- The Jobs of a Cook, Restaurant, and food service manager
- Truck driver
- Financial Advisor
- Administrative Assistant
- Engineer etc.
Are mechanics in demand in Canada?
Yes, Automotive service technician, truck and bus mechanics, and mechanical repairers, over the period 2019-2028, new job openings (arising from expansion demand and replacement demand) are expected to total 39,100
How much a mechanic earns in Canada?
The average auto mechanic’s salary in Canada is $58,500 per year or $30 per hour.
However, Entry-level positions start at $49,863 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $85,396 per year.
How long does it take to become a mechanic in Canada?
Originally, the time frame to become competent in the trade of Automotive Service Technician is 7,220 hours consisting of 6,500 hours of on-the-job work experience and 720 hours of in-school training
Is mechanics a good career?
Yes, you can make a good living as a mechanic.
As of May 2022, an average annual salary for automotive service technicians and mechanics was $44,050 according to The BLS reports
Hence, if broken down it is $21.18 per hour.
What type of automotive certification is required in Canada?
Automotive mechanic and design programs at Ontario colleges require an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
Is a heavy-duty mechanic a good career?
It is one of the highest-paying careers for mechanics.
However, there is a high demand for heavy-duty mechanics in Alberta, Canada presently.
Can you be a mechanic without qualifications?
Although you don’t need formal qualifications to become a mechanic, a lot of mechanics start off with an apprenticeship or some form of structured training, either full-time or while on the job.