To be hungry is normal – that’s what makes you human undergoing metabolism in the first place. Be it as it may, locating the best restaurant that fits what you crave at each point is why I wrote this post to help you find Chinese Restaurants near you in the event you crave for Chinese delicacy or local food right at the moment.
That said, they always serve Chinese food in a Chinese Restaurant. Although they exist as an exception. Because there are some cases it serves you Chinese food in a private chain restaurant or says in an Indian, Italian restaurant, Chinese food places, Indian takeaways, Sushi buffets, and fast-food restaurants, and other eateries.
Chinese Food Delivery Near Me – Chinese restaurants near my location
Chinese restaurants are restaurants outside of China that serve Chinese food or fusions of Chinese and other cultures’ foods. They are quite common in the West, particularly in the United States. Some operate as traditional restaurants, where the diners eat at tables and chairs inside the building, whereas others are takeout restaurants.
So, in the event you happen to travel to a new state, city, or country – let’s say America. I located a Chinese Restaurant nearby won’t be weight too far or hard as many places now have Chinese traditional restaurants and eateries.
LOCATING CHINESE RESTAURANT NEAR ME OPEN NOW – Food Places Near Me That Serve Chinese Dishes
In this post, I showed you how to use Google map, asking around, and other methods to find the closest Chinese points near you where you can enjoy tasteful Chinese meal. But before you think of searching for a nearby Chinese outlet to eat, you will first take note of the below info.
- The map will open a local map, based on your current location. I must turn the GPS on your cellphone ON, for the map to work properly (It usually is).
- If you are using a home computer or laptop, then avoid using a Proxy or VPNs, as the Food Map will open on the location of your local IP address.
- After the map loads, click or tap on a location for more information about this place to eat (address, average reviews, opening hours).
- I show all the local food places to eat at with an Orange or Red (Fork+ Knife) icon. It shows bars as cocktail glass icons.
- On mobiles/cell phones, use two fingers simultaneously to navigate the map.
- Use the Plus and Minus icon to zoom in or out on the map. Google will show more restaurants as you zoom in.
- Click on “View Larger Map” to reveal restaurant phone numbers, restaurant opening hours, driving and walking directions, customer reviews, and more.
Chinese Restaurants Near Me – Find it on the Map
To find a location on the map, you need to first understand they developed the Google application to help people locate the different places they are looking for. In this case, Chinese Restaurants near me.
It makes sense to say that the interface used is very user-friendly and therefore you will not experience any hurdles while trying to use it. All you have to do is key in the place’s name you are searching for and click the search button. In just a few seconds you will have your results.
The Google map uses your IP address to generate the nearest Chinese restaurant to where you currently are. They usually display the result with an image that looks like a red pin. Thus, upon clicking one of the pinned down locations, the map will zoom in to give you finer details like the exact location like in which street, road, or lane the restaurant is located.
Chinese Food Near Me – Home and Office Delivery
Several Chinese restaurants in the United States do food delivery services like “Chinese Gourmet Express Los Angeles”. In other words, you could just walk in and place an order and get it packaged as a takeaway or takeout food. Or from your home or office, you could use your mobile phone or laptop and place an order online and get Chinese cuisine delivered to your doorstep.
Best Chinese Restaurants In America – Chinese Delivery Near Me NOW
- Stir Crazy Chinese restaurant
- Chinese Gourmet Express
- Panda Express delivery
- Pei Wei Asian Diner
- Flat Top Grill
- HuHot Mongolian Grill
- Asian Chao Restaurants
- Lee Fast Food
- Din Tai Fung
American Chinese Restaurant Dishes
To begin with, here are some ideas for some of the best Chinese food near me information on the dishes that are commonly included in their menus.
This is chicken that is breaded in a batter that contains almonds that are grounded and crushed. Then the chicken is fried and then served with onions and almonds.
General Tso’s chicken
This dish contains chicken chunks that are first dipped in a pre-made batter then deep-fried. After that, it is seasoned with garlic, scallions, sesame oil, ginger, and chill peppers.
True to its name, this type of meal is boned chicken that is battered and then deep-fried and then dressed using an orange or red sauce that is a translucent, mildly spicy sauce that is usually made of soy sauce, chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch.
Chinese chicken salad
This dish usually contains shredded chicken or sliced chicken, raw leafy vegetables, fried skins of wonton, crispy noodles, and some sesame containing dressing. Some even serve this with a side of mandarin oranges.
This dish is really famous in American Chinese cuisines and contains assorted pieces of vegetables and brown sauced meat. It is also sometimes served with white sauce.
Although this did not originate in China, somehow it made its way into California and sweetened until it has eventually found its way into American Chinese restaurants.
This is pork or any type of meat that you can rap inside wonton skin and then deep-fried until golden brown.
Top 5 Most Famous Best Chinese Restaurant In The US
At this point, it is now time to find out the most famous Chinese restaurants in the US.
Thus, you can find this restaurant in Los Angeles, California, Chengdu Taste opens by Tony XU who worked at Panda Restaurant Group. It opened around 2013. Once people took notice of this, the line has been going on and on forever up until today.
However, most of the dishes served in this place are fiery Szechuan dishes that have intoxicating odors and have red foods that indicate an extreme level of spiciness.
As such, the best way to go eat here is to start slowly with some mung bean noodles that are mixed with chili paste then move on to boiled fish in pepper sauce, to pig intestine cooked in a stir fry style, then lamb with cumin on toothpicks. One thing for sure: Chengdu is totally worth the long hours of wait.
Xi’an Famous Foods
The Xi’an Famous Foods is found in New York City, New York. Fanatics of Chinese food surely rejoiced once this restaurant opened.
As a result, this shop offers cuisine of the ancient city of Central China, the Xi’an that had once been an important part of the Silk road industry routes. Their best-sellers are their “lamb burgers” that are spiked with cumin along with their tangy cold noodles called Liang pi. And their tofu that is put under in chili oil. If you are into spicy cuisines, this is definitely a must-try!
To begin with, you could find this restaurant in San Francisco and it mostly serves food that is dough-based, such as fresh-cut noodles, dumplings, and the likes. But the best seller is the dry-fried chicken wings as to which people line up at its door every single night without fail.
Although if you go inside, the restaurant might not give you an impression that it is far more special than any other restaurants in the area, once you taste the menu, especially the leek dumplings, shrimp dumplings, dry fry beef, hot and sour soup, you will forget all else and keep on coming back.
Another restaurant that you must go to if you are in San Francisco is Yank Sing. The aromas that you will smell that comes from the fried dumplings and steamed dumplings are so mesmerizing that you might as well just gobble all of them down before ever realizing what is inside of them. Their dim sum is truly full of flavor and fresh to the palate and is sure to keep you coming back.
This restaurant offers trolly service wherein you just point on what you feel like eating as the waiter rolls the carts around the restaurant. The best sellers of this restaurant include shanghai dumplings, goldfish dumplings, bamboo shoots, stuffed claws of a crab, and more.
Din Tai Fung
This restaurant is found in both Los Angeles and Seattle. If you are into to go Chinese food, then this one is the best choice for you. They offer a wide variety of food from cold noodles, pecking duck, meat pies, dumpling soups, and more.
How old are Chinese Restaurants?
The first Chinese Restaurants in America appeared during the California gold rush in the 1840s and 50s, which saw many thousands of immigrants come to the area from Canton, a region of China. The American railways contributed to the spread of the restaurants east, particularly to New York. In 1915, restaurant owners were eligible to obtain merchant visas, and this saw many more Chinese restaurants open.
In the United Kingdom, the first Chinese restaurant opened in London in 1907. The number of restaurants did not rise considerably until the end of World War II, and it is believed that returning soldiers were the main cause of this. In 2003, the Hakkasan restaurant in London became the first British-Chinese restaurant to earn a Michelin star.
How many Chinese restaurants are there?
There are an estimated 41 thousand Chinese restaurants in America. This is almost three times the number of McDonald’s restaurants in America!
What sorts of food do Chinese Restaurants sell?
To start with, one common food at Chinese restaurants is Peking duck, which is a dish that combines sugar and garlic sauce, steamed pancakes, spring onions, and sweet bean sauce. Thus, you can also commonly see a stir-fry. These usually contain onions, carrots, and other vegetables, soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger. Dumplings are also very common. They comprise minced meat (usually pork or ground chicken or beef) and chopped vegetables, wrapped inside some thin dough.
Is all Chinese food the same?
Chinese food has some interesting differences, depending on which part of the vast country it comes from. For example, food from Hong Kong tends to be sweet or savory, whereas food from the Sichuan area in the southwest is more famous for being very spicy. Food from the north tends to be salty, and because the colder, drier climate to the north makes growing wheat easier, the food tends to be more wheat-based, including dumplings and steamed buns. Food from the southern regions tends to be sourer and tends to contain more rice and noodles, and very seldom contains wheat.
Are there any unusual foods in Chinese Restaurants?
Foreigners consider some Chinese ingredients, particularly Westerners, to be very unusual. These include insects, scorpions, and snakes, and also the hearts, lungs, livers, and kidneys of animals. There are also unusual vegetables too, many of them are unheard of for foreigners. These include pomelos, bitter cucumber, various weeds and fungi, and yams and beans that can grow to be a yard long.
Chinese Buffet Restaurant chains
The beauty of Chinese cuisine is the sheer variety of food. China is an enormous country with many variations in the local cuisine, so if you want to tickle and surprise your palate, then a Chinese buffet is the way to go.
- Jimmy Chunga’s
- Mandarin Restaurant
- Panda Express
- Panda Inn
Top Chinese Restaurant Chains in the USA (Franchises)
Below, we have added a list of the most popular Chinese chain restaurants in the US. Please, use the search function above to locate a chain restaurant near you. Chances are, one of these Chinese restaurant chains will have a location open in your city, right now.
- Panda Express.
- Pei Wei Asian Diner.
- Chinese Gourmet Express
- Flat Top Grill
- HuHot Mongolian Grill
- Asian Chao
- Din Tai Fung
- Stir Crazy
Chinese Food Delivery Near Me – Top 10 Apps for Home & Office Delivery Service
If you need delivery of Chinese or Asian food, then we recommend that you download and install one of the following Food Delivery apps on your mobile phone and launch it. Thus, these apps have a “Chinese Food” section, and you can search for “Delivery Only” with all of them.
- Uber Eats
- Eat 24
INGREDIENTS FOR CHINESE FOODS
Some ingredients that are always present in a Chinese dish include:
- Staple food: this is basically the major type of food found in China and they are rice, noodles, and tofu (Bean Curd)
- Meat and poultry: the Chinese people indulge in all manner of animal meat like beef, pork, mutton, duck, pigeon, chicken, turkey, and much more. Even so, the type of meat that people eat more often is pork. It is usually present in almost all meals.
- Eggs: most of their dishes also have eggs and they eat eggs laid by ducks, quails, pigeons, geese, and other poultry animals. The eggs are either fried together with different types of vegetables, steamed, or boiled.
- Chinese vegetables: include cabbages, spinach, lettuce, cauliflower. I usually fry them with sauce, used in salads while raw or pickled.
- Chinese eggplant: they are usually purple and are stir-fried with meat products or used in salads. Thus, you can also make a meal using eggplants, and it is a ‘braised eggplant’.
- White radishes: It is very rich in vitamin C and I mostly prefer it to be available for use in stir-fries, to make a stew with meat, or you can pick it with some sauce.
CHINESE FOOD MENU
- Chinese mushrooms: the various types of mushrooms used include tea tree mushroom, shiitake mushroom, golden needle mushroom, oyster mushroom, and wood ears.
- Onions: onions are basically used to make many dishes, but even so, by stir-frying it, it can be a meal on its own.
- Soybean sprouts: we mostly use them in salads when they are raw, but can also be stir-fried with other dishes. I know them to be rich in vitamins A, B, and C.
- String beans: they also call it green beans, and they are usually stir-fried together with pork. They can also be dry-fried to the point of turning brown, and then it is ready for a morsel.
- Carrots: I commonly use them in a variety of dishes. And you can also make use of it in preparing salads.
The ingredients that are used to season or in other words add more flavor to the various Chinese meals include:
- Ginger: it is either used in stir-fried dishes, in making soup or sauce.
- Garlic: usually used alongside garlic for most Chinese dishes.
- Spring onions: they are major for use in food garnishing.
- Coriander: this is a type of herb that is popular among the Chinese people. And it has a robust flavor. They use it for garnishing or making a dipping sauce.