The grocery store is operated by a grocer and is also known as a supermarket; this is a retail shop that deals in a wide range of fresh food products or packaged food products.
Are you in need of fruits and vegetables, meat, toiletries, cleaning supplies, fresh food, drinks, beauty and baby products, pharmaceuticals, electronics, and many more? With just browsing “Grocery stores near me,” you can get any of the aforementioned in any grocery store close to you as I will tell you how to locate any using your google map below.
The Kroger Co Cincinnati, Ohio is the Kroger Co store’s headquarter, one of the largest grocery store chains, with Walmart being the largest and ranking top. Others include; Aldi and Save-A-Lot.
Grocery stores near me – How to locate one closest to you using the Google map
- Turn on the GPS location on your internet access device, likely your smartphone.
- Open any browser of your choice and grant it access to your location.
- Input “Grocery stores Near me” in the search tab of your browser
- From the list of your search results, click on one of the grocery stores, you see close to your location on the google map and take it’s guided to the grocery store address.
Grocery Stores Near Me – What you should Know
What are the examples of commodities I can get from grocery stores?
Grocery stores sell a wide range of products from foods to toiletries, electronic gadgets, drugs in the pharmaceutics section, beauty products, Baby products, beverages, drinks, meat, fruits, vegetables, milk, and many more.
The Origin of Grocery Stores
Grocery stores started when it was figured out that foods can be preserved in cans with refrigerators’ inventions. So in the 1880s, grocers buy, store and sell these canned food products without spoiling within a short period.
Have grocery stores remain the same over the years?
The answer is No! When grocery stores started, customers do not walk around shopping carts to pick what they need from the shopping shelves and sections. Still, the grocery staff collects the list of all the customer needs and picks them and the go-ahead to charge the customer, and so grocery stores have a lot of staff.
This practice evolved with Piggly Wiggly, a store in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1916, where customers got to pick the items they needed and then took it to a staff/ Cashier to cost. This reduced the staff capacity of grocery stores.
It is also interesting to know that the internet with its loads of possibilities, has made it possible for customers to shop their items online from any grocery store that offers online services close to them and have it delivered to them to their location, or they can pick it from the grocery store later.
Are all the grocery stores the same?
No, they are not. Browse “Grocery Stores Near Me” to see a list of grocery stores close to you as we have;
- Greengrocer: Which is a store that sells only vegetables and fresh fish.
- Delicatessen: is a store that deals only on meats and bread. This store is also known as Deli.
- Convenience stores: Only sells snacks, soft drinks, tobacco, and typical items.
This categorization is based on the size as huge grocery stores have various departments while smaller ones do not, conditioning them to deal on only a few commodities.
Grocery Stores Near Me – More information
- Grocery Store is a western idea that has been bought across the various continents of the world.
- Walmart remains the largest Retail store in the U.S with a staff capacity of about 2.2 million and generates over $480 Billion as total revenue, with The Kroger Co ranking second.
- Did you know that now in some grocery stores, a customer doesn’t get checked by staff after picking items but by a self-serve checkout under staff supervision? This has also reduced the staff capacity of grocery stores.
- Grocery stores use some psychological tricks to get their customers to shop for a longer time and a wider range of products, including bright lightings and slow melodic music.
- From statistics, close to one-third of the World’s global food went into waste due to some practices from grocery stores, where expired goods are disposed of, and overproduction from farms that supply grocers.
- Did you also know that the increase in car ownership has had a positive impact on grocery stores’ financial status as customers can shop as much as they want without fear of transportation and conveyances?
List of Grocery Stores in the US
To start with, I will quickly list the most popular and household groceries in the United States.
- Costco Wholesale
- Publix Super Markets
- Ahold USA
- Delhaize America
- Dollar General
- Wakefern Food Corp (ShopRite, PriceRite)
- Whole Foods Market
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Trader Joe’s
- Giant Eagle
- Family Dollar
- Wegmans Food Markets
- Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company
- WinCo Foods
- United Natural Foods
- Nash Finch
- Harris Teeter Supermarkets
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- Demoulas Market Basket
- Roundy’s Supermarkets
- Price Chopper Supermarkets
- Stater Bros. Markets
- Ingles Markets
- Overwaitea Foods
- Houchens Industries
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Weis Markets
- Spartan Stores
- Schnuck Markets
- K-VA-T Food Stores (Food City)
- Associated Food Stores
- Brookshire Grocery
- Central Grocers
- Smart & Final
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- 99 Cents Only Stores
- Big Y Foods
- Saker ShopRite
- United Supermarkets (Market Street, Amigos)
- Superior Grocers
- Village Super Market
- Piggly Wiggly Midwest
- Woodman’s Markets
- Brookshire Brothers
- The Fresh Market
- Grocery Outlet
- Inserra Supermarkets (ShopRite)
- Marsh Supermarkets
Grocery Store App Finder – Top 6 Grocery Store Apps
I did like to introduce these apps to you. Thus, from money-saving apps to apps that help you find locally sourced fresh produce, these apps are our favorite grocery apps. Check them out.
Download the free Coupon Sherpa app to find grocery coupons. When you’re checking out your groceries, the app will display the bar code that the cashier can scan, and you will get a discount.
This app costs $3 and can scan a recipe for you and then compile it into a list you bring to the store. This makes it easier for you to try new recipes and saves time.
Instead of carrying a bulky keyring full of reward cards, you can download this free app and have all of your reward cards, digitally, with you all the time.
If you want to know what deals are going on in supermarkets, discount stores, and pharmacies, this free app will show you where the sales items are.
Buying food that’s in season and locally grown will be easier on your budget. Use this free app to find local, in-season food.
With this free Apples2Oranges app, you can easily compare the prices of two products while shopping to see which one gives you the most for your money.
In the END
Sincerely, I did like to ask for your feedback on Grocery stores Near Me. As such, I would be glad if you leave a comment below if you like the content of what you have found here. Or if you would have us add a thing or two. Thanks a lot. Best of it, I wish you happy finding for closest Grocery stores Near Me.