In this article, we will be listing some job opportunities for Truck drivers in USA.
That’s not all, we will also give you some vital info to help you get a job as a truck driver in USA.
So, if you are a truck driver and want to immigrate to USA, this article is for you
Hence, be sure to read the entire article to get every info you need.
Now without delay let’s get started
Types of truck drivers
They drive flatbed trucks, which can hold loads that are too wide or oddly shaped to be transported in traditional trucks.
Flatbed truckers are typically paid more than the average trucker due to the difference in loading skills.
Dry van truckers
They transport dry and nonperishable goods in single-trailer vehicles. They are commonly not required to unload their own trucks.
They drive trucks that are specifically designed to transport hazardous and nonhazardous liquids.
These drivers transport goods that aren’t moved by dry van truckers.
Refrigerated freight truckers
They drive vehicles that are kept at particular temperatures for the goods inside, such as meats and medical products.
Truck drivers may be available to transport goods locally, regionally, and across the country.
How to Get a Truck Driver Job in the USA
Follow these steps below to get a Truck Driver job in the USA:
- Complete high school or the GED.
- You have to pass your state’s regular driver’s license exam.
- Start professional training.
- Earn your CDL and other relevant endorsements.
- After that, lay out a well-organized CV that will please any employer in the U.S.
- Then utilize the internet and social media platforms, to connect to U.S employers and companies.
- Then, search for a truck company in which you have an interest and place your application letter with your CV attached to it.
- After that, wait patiently for their response.
Requirements to become a Truck Driver in USA
Below are the requirements you have to meet up with, to be regarded as a professional truck driver, they are:
- You have to be over 21-year-old as an immigrant and 18 if you are staying in the United State to become a commercial truck driver in the US
- Also, you will need to attend a truck driving school and pass a test in order to earn a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- You must be an expert in using GPSA devices.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Extensive knowledge of the operating area.
How to Apply for Truck Driver Jobs in USA
Follow these steps below to apply for a Truck Driver job in USA:
- First lay out a CV and a good formal letter that will please your sponsor.
- You can utilize the internet and social media platform to connect to most US employers or companies.
- Submit your CV and application letter to any company of your choice, then wait for their interview.
- Once, you’ve been accepted for the job, your potential employer will then determine your payment rate.
- This is done by a formal discussion between you and your potential employer.
- After that, your sponsor will now notify the US workforce.
- Next, the labor condition application will be submitted to DOL for accreditation.
- When all this is done, your employer will then register the USCIB for the Annual H-1B lottery and wait for the selection to be made.
- This can only be done when an appeal has been made already for a visa sponsorship on your behalf.
- Then, submit complete forms 1-129 to the USCIS for selection of beneficiaries.
- When that is achieved, the employer will now inform you to apply for a visa in your home country.
Note: you will undergo an interview at the embassy you applied for a visa.
Also, you must also promise to return to your country once your contract is over
Responsibility for Truck Driver Jobs in USA
Below are some duties of a truck driver, they are:
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Keep activities log and log hours.
- Plan routes using a GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward customers.
- Uphold punctuality.
- Maintain a good interpersonal relationship.
- Ensure consistent and regular communication with Radio monitors and promptly inform radio monitors of potential causes for delay such as inclement weather, and flat tires. Etc.
- Aid clients in safely unloading and moving cargo from your vehicle when needed.
- Keep a clean driving record.
- Keep commercial driver’s license up to date, this means renewing their commercial driver’s license when it expires.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
Skills of Truck Driver Jobs in USA
Below are some basic Skills of a Truck Driver, they include:
- Alertness and awareness.
- Time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Traffic laws, DOT regulations, and driving knowledge.
- Good listing communication skills.
- Customer service.
- Stress management skills.
- Pallet jack experience required; forklift experience.
Benefit of being Truck Driver in USA
Below are some benefits of being a truck driver in USA, they are:
- Freedom of association and movement.
- Insurance on finance.
- Health insurance.
- No degree is required.
- Flexibility and freedom.
- You will be ensured Job security.
- Paid Vacations and sick days off
Job opportunities for truck drivers in USA
- CDL Delivery Truck Driver
Star, ID, USA
CDL-A Truck Driver
Decker Truck Line, Inc.
APPLY NOW: https://drive4decker.com/
CDL-A Truck Driver
Rutherford, New Jersey
APPLY NOW: https://drivefortysonfoods.com/jobs/
CDL-A Owner Operator Flatbed OTR Truck Drivers
Woodland Park, New Jersey
APPLY NOW: https://pgtdrivers.com/jobs/
CDL-A Truck Drivers
East Orange, New Jersey
APPLY NOW: https://drivecre.com/
CDL Driver/Warehouse Cargo Handler
APPLY NOW: https://careers.dhl.com/global/en
CDL Delivery Driver
Princeton, WV 24740
APPLY NOW: https://www.imperfectfoods.com/jobs
Delivery Driver Pepsi (Trainee DOT)
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
Garner, NC 27529
APPLY NOW: https://www.pepsifrontlinecareers.com/
Heavy Equipment Driver Technician – Construction
Black & Veatch Corporation
Garner, NC 27529
APPLY NOW: https://careers.bv.com/job
Specialty Construction Operator
Virginia Dept. of Transportation
APPLY NOW: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/
Materials Handler/Truck Driver
Elkhorn, NE 68022
APPLY NOW: https://jobs.merck.com/us/en
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
How can a truck driver get a US to work Visa?
According to drivers.com, foreign workers hoping to work as truck drivers in the US should apply for an H-2B Visa.
This is the best visa option for truck drivers.
Does the USA Hire Foreign Truck Drivers?
Yes, they do. However, due to the lack of truck drivers in the US, most companies bring in drivers from abroad.
According to the American trucking association, the US was already shorting 60,000 drivers, in 2019.
Do you have to be a US Citizen to be a Truck Driver?
No. hence, both federal and state laws provide issuing of CDLs to non-citizens.
Hence, if you are not a US citizen or legal permanent resident, you may obtain a CDL under Certain Conditions.
Do I need a Green Card to be a Truck Driver?
In general, Trucking Companies in the U.S bring in commercial truck drivers on a temporary basis to fill short-term needs by sponsoring them on non-immigrant visas or on a permanent basis by sponsoring them for a permanent residency (green card).
How much is a truck driver paid in USA?
The average truck driver’s salary in the USA is $62,409 per year or $32 per hour.
However, entry-level positions start at $47,562 per year while most experienced workers make up to $85,000 per year. Truck Drivers For a Job.
Is USA looking for truck drivers?
Due to the shortage of truck drivers in the US, many companies now bring in drivers from abroad.