What are pixelated images? Pixelated images are low-quality images that appear grainy and unclear. Image pixelation is commonly caused by resizing a small picture to make it larger. When this happens, the size of the image changes, but the resolution does not. Pictures that have been scanned may also appear pixelated.
So this brings us to the next question. When images are pixelated, how can you fix them?
To fix a pixelated image and make it clearer, you simply need to use the blur and sharpen filters in a photo editing program.
When you encounter this kind of situation, using the following steps should help you fix the problem:
- For the first step, start a photo editing program like Photoshop, GIMP or Paint.NET. GIMP and Paint.NET have many of the same tools and filters as Photoshop but can be downloaded for free.
- Then click “File > Open” and open the pixelated image you want to fix.
- Tap on “Filters” and find the “Blur” filter category.
- Then choose a minimal “Gaussian Blur”. This filter will make the image appear smoother by blurring the pixels making them less noticeable.
- Then vary the settings of the filter until you are satisfied with the smoothness of the image.
- You can use a filter in the “Sharpen” category to make the image appear less blurry.
- The “Unsharp Mask” filter works best for this purpose. The filter will detect the edges of objects in the photo and make them appear more outlined in order to improve clarity. You can vary the filter settings until the image is clearer
Thereafter save your changes.
With these steps, you can easily improve pixelated images and make your images appear clearer. Just ensure you pay attention to the details in every step. This will help you complete the process with ease.