Most users of the Arris cable users have been looking for ways how to log into an Arris cable modem. With the Arris cable modem becoming the market pioneer for in-home internet connectivity since its launch it would be expected that it has so many users. With this in mind, we have decided to help you know more about the Arris cable modem and how it works.
How Does Arris Cable Modem Work?
The Arris cable modem is a brand of modern hybrid which are manufactured especially for the streaming market. With more and more people watching television and movies via streaming services that need a high-speed internet connection, the Arris cable modem comes in handy.
The way it works is that the connection is delivered by a fiber optic cable that is connected to a wireless router or modem. Arris has a modem that bonds instantly to the cable while sending the wireless signal to the television as well as any other connected devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
The Arris cable modem is designed such that it supplies a high-speed connection to confirm that streaming services get the highest quality display without any break. The SURFboard modems are designed for this specific purpose even though they also make a number of other wireless routers which function well with high-speed connections and streaming services.
Types of Arris Cable Modem
Arris is the world’s leading cable modem brand and provides the ultimate internet experience with or without built-in, Wi-Fi.
Here are some of Arris cable modem brands:
- Arris SB8200
- Arris SB6190
- Arris SB6183
- Arris SB6141
The Arris SURFboard SB8200 is a DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit cable modem. It is an ideal modem for 4K Ultra-HD video streaming and Virtual Reality gaming. It also has two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The Arris SURFboard 6190 is DOCSIS 3.0. It speeds up to 1.4 Gbps and allows HD video streaming and online gaming in real-time.
The Arris SURFboard 6183 DOCSIS 3.0 speeds up to 686 Mbps. It offers more speed as well as faster streaming and downloading for home use.
The Arris SB6141 is perfect for low bandwidth households. It is an inexpensive choice for your home network with its fast download speeds and 1-Gigabit Ethernet port.
How to Log Into an Arris Cable Modem
To access the Arris router login page and web interface to configure it, you’ll need an Arris IP address. For most Arris Router(s) for login, the default IP address is 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Now let’s take you through a step-by-step guide on how to log in.
- Start by opening a web browser on a computer connected to the network.
- Enter the IP address ‘192.168.100.1’ in the address bar and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once you enter the number, the Arris Router login page will pop up. In order to access the cable modem, click on the wireless option.
- Enter the proper credentials, to have the admin control panel displayed. Most modems have default credentials printed at the bottom of the modem. Some modems on the other hand have theirs printed on the label.
The default username is ‘Admin’ and the password is ‘1234’ or you can leave the space blank for Arris router login.
Advantages of Arris Cable Modem
Here are the advantages of the Arris cable modem:
- The Arris cable modem does not depend on distance from the central cable office for its efficiency.
- A digital CATV system is created to offer client households digital signals at a specific standard that they require.
- Its speed and reliability is high
- Initial easy set-up.
Disadvantages of Arris Cable Modem
The following are the disadvantages of the Arris cable modem:
- You’ll be required to share the bandwidth when new users, mostly heavy-access users, get connected to the channel. As a result, you will see your output deteriorate.
- With many linked users in times of heavy usage, performance will be well below the theoretical maximums.