Are you scared already about the thought of printing checks from scratch? You are probably not the only one feeling this way because printing checks from scratch can be quite a whole lot to handle. However, for whatever the case may be, we are here to proffer a solution that will help you scale through the process easily.
Printing checks require special paper, magnetic ink, and hours of time. Printing information on pre-printed checks on the other hand is much easier. You can easily purchase basic check templates at most office supply stores. For customized pre-printed checks, you can get it at copy stores. From there, you can just easily type the payment information, print it out, and sign on it.
How to Print Information on Pre Printed Checks
We are giving you detailed well outlined steps on how to print information on pre-printed checks:
- Start by looking closely at your printer to be sure it is compatible with printing checks. The standard check size is 3.5 inches by 7 inches.
- Then, insert the pre-printed checks into your printer’s paper feed.
- For the third step, you are to install check-printing software. This will make it easy for you to enter and format all the necessary information as well as print multiple copies. You have several software options to choose from, including dautomation.com, insticheck.com and checkman.com.
- However, You are also at liberty to use the regular word-processing software (like Microsoft Word) in printing your checks, but it will require more work. You will have to use a ruler to measure where everything goes on your checks and create a document where you line everything up manually. This may involve some trial and error to get everything correctly placed.
- Key in the requested information. On a standard check, this would be the recipient’s name, dollar amount written longhand, dollar amount written numerically, as well as a note. If your pre-printed checks do not have your name on them already, you will be required to add these too.
- Tap on the “Print” option.
- You have to sign the check by hand. This is because most banks do not accept a printed signature.
With this method, you can easily print information on pre-printed checks without sweating out. You can try out the steps right now if you have been putting off the thought because you didn’t know how to go about it.