Don’t know how to use the scissors tool in Adobe illustrator? You are probably not the only one trying to learn the ropes here. Thus to help you, we have decided to bring you detailed guide. We will breaking down the procedure into detailed steps, to help you carry out the process with ease. So by the end of this article, you will be able to complete this process without hitches.
Managing paths is obviously the toughest part of using Adobe illustrator. Since paths are so important to the illustrator experience, the program utilizes many tools to help you use paths to your satisfaction. One of such tools is the scissors tool, which allows you cut a path.
How to Use the Scissors Tool in Adobe Illustrator
If you didn’t know how to use the scissors tool before now, this is your cue:
- You are going to start the process by drawing a rectangle using the rectangle tool.
- Once you are done with the first step, set the fill to none and the stroke to black using the color cubes close to the bottom of your tool bar.
- Tap on the scissors tool in your tool bar to ensure your rectangle is actively selected. The scissors tool sometimes is hidden under the eraser tool or knife tool.
- For the next step, click directly on one of the points of the rectangle using the scissors tool. Now that you have just cut the path, the rectangle is no longer a closed shape.
- Then select the white arrow tool.
- Tap on the blank area of canvas to deselect the freshly cut rectangle. Then click on a line segment near your cut, and drag the line away. You can clearly see how you cut the path.
Now that you have easily learnt how to use the scissors tool in Adobe illustrator, you can get started on the process and put it to good use.