How to Restore a Dell Inspiron to Factory Settings, If you are using a Dell Inspiron computer, you can learn how to restore it to a factory setting. How would you do this? That is why you have to read on, to learn from the steps we have carefully outlined for you. However, before we get to the steps, let’s learn a little about Dell laptop computers.
Dell Laptop Computers – How to Restore a Dell Inspiron to Factory Settings
Dell laptop computers, including the Inspiron series, are designed with a restore utility. This restore utility is known as Dell Symantec System Restore. On your hard drive, this utility is essentially a partition that contains the factory settings of your computer. This utility is quite convenient because you are not forced to use the Windows startup CD in restoring your computer. Rather, you can take advantage of the utility and restore your Dell Inspiron by loading the utility while the computer starts up.
Let’s get started with the carefully outlined steps that will show you what to do:
- First, you are to start the computer. If it’s already on, then restart it by clicking on the “Start” menu. Click also on the “Shut Down” menu and select “Restart”.
- Press down the F8 key on your Dell as the computer restarts. Ensure you hold it down before the Windows logo is displayed. If you are using Windows XP instead of Windows 7 or Windows Vista, press down Ctrl and F11. Then the “Advanced Boot Options” menu will be displayed.
- Then choose the “Repair your computer” option from the “Advanced Boot Options” menu. Do this, using the down arrow on your keyboard and click on the “Enter” option.
- Select the language settings when you are prompted, and click on the “Enter” option to continue.
- Then sign in as an administrator when you get the prompt. Key in your username and password and tap on the “Enter” option to continue the factory restore process.
- Tap on the “Dell Factory Image Restore” followed by the “Next” button.
- Choose the check box labeled “Yes reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition”. Immediately you select the check box, click on the “Next” button to have your Dell Inspiron restored to factory settings.
- Tap on the “Finish” link after your computer has been restored.
This will restart the Windows to the exact state it was on the day you bought the computer. Congratulations!! You have just restored your Dell Inspiron to factory settings. It was an easy process, right?