First, I will start with an instruction of what Radio Shack is. So, without much ado, RadioShack Corporation—known as Tandy Corporation from its founding in 1960 until mid-2000—is one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in the United States.
However, you will need to locate a Radio Shack Near me using the map, zip code locator, or store locator. But before then, let’s continue with how the company began and what they are known for.
Thus, forming the company’s core operation are the 7,100 RadioShack stores located throughout the country. To locate a Radio Shack near me, you will need to follow this post step by step.
Having said that, Radio Shack stores feature two main categories of goods and services; electronics parts and accessories. More so, it features telephones and telecommunications accessories. As well as audio and video equipment, satellite systems, personal computers, and other electronics products.
Radio Shack Near Me – Find it on the Map
To begin with, if you want to know how to find the closest Radio Shack, the Google Maps app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. And even on devices like Android and personal computers will help you located the nearest Radio Shack! All you need to do is;
- Launch maps
- Get your current location by tapping the arrow button at the bottom left.
- Using the search field at the top right, type in Radio Shack
- Tap the pins to get more information. You can click the small blue chevron to bring up more information about your chosen Radio Shack location, and if it has a Google Street View icon on the left, you can even see the place and its surroundings!
- Tap the link to the homepage of the Radio Shack store, or if you’re on an iPhone or Android, simply tap on the phone number to call it right up.
- Finally, tap the “Directions to Here” button at the bottom of the info page and select if you are driving, taking public transit, or walking with the estimated time it takes to get there.
That’s it, a few simple steps to find Radio shack store locations all right on your iOS and Android device! Thanks to technology.
Radio Shack Near Me – A Brief History
To begin with, Founder Charles Tandy’s talent for marketing became evident when he took over the leather store his family had operated since 1919. He began to expand into the hobby market.
Subsidiary locations had to be found as mail-order and direct sales increased. In 1960, as scouts and campers all over the country made moccasins and coin purses from Tandy leathercraft and hobby kits, the Tandy Corporation was established and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
As good as business was, it could not satisfy Tandy’s passion for retailing. By the early 1960s, he began looking for a way to diversify.
In 1963, Tandy purchased RadioShack, a virtually bankrupt chain of electronic stores in Boston that had been founded in 1921. Within two years, Tandy was making a profit on a company that had nearly $800,000 in un-collectibles when he took over.
As such, ten years after starting with nine Boston outlets, the Tandy Corporation was opening two RadioShack stores every working day.
Who is Charles Tandy, and what does he have to do with RadioShack?
By all accounts, Charles Tandy was a modest man from Fort Worth, who stayed in his original office and answered his own phone until the day he died.
While his CB radio moniker was “Mr. Lucky,” Tandy’s success was, according to analysts, due to more than just luck. They gave much more credit to three key marketing strategies that Charles Tandy developed and implemented.
First, Tandy stressed the importance of gross profit margins. Popular wisdom said a chain store’s profits lay in cutting prices to yield a high sales volume.
Tandy thought differently. As far as he was concerned, cutting the profit margin cut the profit. So he maintained market prices but reduced RadioShack’s 20,000 item inventory to the 2,500 best-selling items.
Second, Tandy kept RadioShack prices competitive. He eliminated an entire spectrum of middleman costs by limiting stock to private label items.
At first, the company established exclusive contracts with manufacturers, but as RadioShack grew, associates or subdivisions of the Tandy Corporation designed and manufactured more and more items.
In the late 1980s, Tandy still manufactured about half of the products sold in its RadioShack stores. Twenty-five North American and six overseas manufacturing plants produced everything from simple wire to sophisticated microchips.
And RadioShack’s Realistic brand name—which dated back to the 1950s—had achieved nationwide recognition.
Charles Tandy’s strategy of pairing high-profit margin with high turnover and of in-house marketing and distribution more than proved itself. The gross profit margin on sales for the RadioShack division was consistently above 50 percent.
How to Find Radio Shack Near Me using zip code
- Firstly, Open up your browser and visit the official website at https://www.radioshack.com/pages/store-locator
- On the page, you will get to see the search bar in the upper part of the page.
- Also, Key in your City and state or Zip Code.
- Also, you can use the “Use My Current Location” Button.
- Here comes the list of Radio Shack stores in your city or state. You will get to see the hours of each location and more.
- Lastly, on the website landing page, scroll down a bit to see the locations of Radio Shack and the number in each of them.
Radio Shack Near Me Store Search
You can search Radio Shack near you as well as other store partners and brands such as:
- Radio Shack All Stores
- Authorized RadioShack Dealers
- RadioShack Express @ HobbyTown
- Fix-It Here! Mobile Device Screen Repair
- AT&T Authorized Reseller
- Brinks Home Security Authorized Dealer.
In the End
To cap it all, if you read to this point, I trust the post was helpful. But, if proved otherwise. As a result, if there is a fact or info you would want me to correct or add to the post. Maybe a question, best of all, a thank you comment. It’s no big deal, use the comment box below. I delight to hearing from you.
One more thing, if you know a friend this post will be of help. Be it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, TikTok, etc. Don’t forget to use the share button below. Remember, when you help a friend, a whole community benefits. Thanks.