What did you hear about a tanned skin and a beauty queen? You sure want to look like one, a model, or be known for beautiful dark skin. Who doesn’t like a nice tanned skin? “Tanning salons near me” put into any search engine will help you to locate a tanning salon in or around your area following the direction on the map to the said location, as you can get that golden skin of your choice after a just-concluded long winter.
You can get the business details, working hours, reviews, phone number, and address of the nearest tanning salon in your area by simply browsing “Tanning salons near me”.
History Of Tanning Salons
Tanning salons dates back to the First world war which originated from a mistake made by a popular person known as coco channel that got sunburn on a cruise and her pictures circulating led to the popularity of Skin darkening methods which includes;
- Tanning beds
- Cream and
- Sunless tanning sprays
There are other ways to locate a tanning salon near you if you are new in a neighborhood and do not know your way around the city or country and they include ;
Download and use the Google map app
Ask a neighbor
This is the easiest way to locate a tanning salon near to you as this neighbor who has lived in your said neighborhood knows her way around. This is sure the fastest way as well.
How To Locate a Tanning Salon Near me using the map
You can find the closest tanning salon in an area using google map by searching online Tanning Salons Near Me”
- Turn on your location in your internet access device
- Open any browser of your choice and grant it access to your location
- Type in “Tanning Salons Near me” in the search tab of your browser
- From the results of your search, click on the google map and this will serve as a guide to lead you to the nearest Tanning Salons in an area.
Popular Methods for Tanning
Spray tan darkens the pigment of the skin, just like tanning lotions do. Using a spray makes the application faster and there are few important tips on how to best apply tan using sprays and they include;
- The skin should pass through exfoliation before application.
- To get a nice fake-looking tan which won’t be flattering depends on the number of layers applied
- A professional skin tanner should do this
Good Old Fashion Sunbathing
This remains the oldest and cheapest form of Sun tanning. All you have to do is just lay on a beach towel on a beach under the sun with your sunglasses on to protect your eyes, and an umbrella to keep off some amount of direct sunlight. It is also important that you use a skin tan lotion rather than a sunblock lotion.
It offers this service in a private fashion where one lays in a tanning booth for a period of 8-20 minutes depending on how dark you want your skin to appear and this bed has lights and creates ultraviolet light that does the job. This method has adverse effects which will I will look into in another heading.
Sunless Tanning Lotion
Sunless tanning lotion helps darken the melanin pigments of the skin, which is responsible for its dark coloration. I also know these lotions as self-tanners. It is important that you wear gloves as a form of protection because they may come in various forms such as; gels, foams, sprays, creams, and oil.
Tanning Salons Near Me – Health and safety
Tanning helps in the production of vitamin D and, when safety measures are followed and employed, reduces the risk of various forms of cancer and other health-related problem. These safety precautions include the following;
- Ensure to wear proper safety googles that are well fit, as this will help protect your eyes.
- You should ensure following the manufacturer’s recommendation on how long to use the tanning booth, the right setting, and exposure for your skin tone always.
- Ensure you did not pass the exposure time, it set 8 minutes as the standard.
- Ensure not to use a tanning bed more than two times a week.
The U.S Food And Drug Agency revealed the above-mentioned safety measures, which are important to avoid cancer and other related health concerns.
These health-related concerns that may be from using sunless tanning beds include;
- Squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma, two forms of skin cancer
- Cancer of the eye
- Premature aging
- Eye damage
- Allergic reactions
You should know these before getting your skin tanned for the next swimsuit season.
- Intake of cheap Vitamin D sources
- 15 minutes of sun-basking a day with an intake of foods enriched with Vitamin D.