A lot of people don’t fancy eating out. On the other hand, sometimes you might not have a full 30 minutes to spend at a restaurant eating. As such, people derived means of taking out food or ordering for takeaway right on the spot and taken to their homes or offices where they would feel more comfortable eating. Or eat when they have lowered a big chunk of the task awaiting them.
That said, in this post, I will help you find the closest restaurants that offer Takeout or takeaway, provided you can search for a Takeout near me on the Google map, ask around or use a known takeout restaurant website outlet locator to find yourself to a place where you can place an order and have it delivered.
Takeout Near Me – Find it on the Map
I know that on mobile devices all these cool apps let you search “near me” for different types of restaurants, takeout points, fast food delivery services, etc., and I know that Yelp has some slick capabilities, but I’m wondering if you can find a takeaway outlet, say a good pizza place, near me within Google Maps.
How do I get to find a good place for Pizza Takeout? I would help answer that question. But before that, I want to get a nice hot slice of pizza to munch on while answering.
It turns out that Google Maps has quite a few capabilities, including both the ability to find your current location and then to search “near me” which is darn helpful if you’re stuck in an unknown place in some distant city and have no clue about the local eating options. Or a restaurant that can get takeaway food to your comfort zone.
- Open Google Map App or visit www.google.com/map.
- Get your current location by tapping the arrow button at the bottom left.
- Using the search field at the top right, type in the type of food you want to take away “Or simply search on the map, “Takeout near me”. Or the name of the restaurant you’re looking for, or anything you can remember about the address. For example, I’m in New York City near Broadway and Reade Street and I’m in the mood for Pizza. But need a takeaway. I would type “Takeaway pizza” in the search box. Thus, Google will then search the environs for the nearest pizza joints that deliver takeout and drop a pin on their precise locations.
- Tap the pins to get more information. You can click the small blue chevron to bring up more information about your chosen takeout pizza place, and if it has a Google Street View icon on the left, you can even see the place and its surroundings!
- Tap the link to the homepage of the restaurant, to see more information about them, their menu, services, delivery schedules, coverage, opening, and closing time. And so on.
- Finally, tap the “Directions to Here” button at the bottom of the info page and select if you are driving, taking public transit, or walking with the estimated time it takes to get there.
Top 10 Takeaway Food Delivery Apps
Thanks to technological advancement. What do I mean? I mean to say that the emergence of tech really advanced the way we humans carry out an activity. Who knows years back that you can use an app to locate a nearby Takeaway outlet, browser through their menus, order, and pay seating at your comfort zone. By the way, the below apps are a list of apps that can help you order food takeaway online and get delivered to your doorstep. Or you can use it to locate restaurants that you can visit to pick up takeout food.
- First, Zomato Delivery App.
- UberEats Delivery App.
- FoodPanda Delivery App.
- Swiggy Delivery App.
- Grubhub Delivery App.
- Also, Deliveroo Delivery App.
- Just Eat Delivery App.
- DoorDash Delivery App.
- Finally, Postmates Delivery App.
How do I locate Takeaway near Me – Ask Around
With a strong belief, this is a very traditional way but it will guarantee you good results. It is as simple as walking towards a friend, relative, or neighbor and asking them to point you towards a Burger King restaurant around that area.
Thus, nothing is embarrassing about asking for directions. I know that technology has made the search for various places extremely easy; this does not mean that you cannot use any other method to find a place.
So, asking for directions is probably the easiest and fastest way to get to the nearest McDonalds. As long as it will give you the results you want. Thus, you may as well ask and save yourself the trouble of waiting on your computer or phone and especially if the internet is slow. Just take a walk or call one of the above people and you will be ready to go and get that burger.
At the end, where Google Maps previously let people click to quickly find restaurants, users will now see options for takeout and delivery in the app.
The new feature might also help keep restaurants in business, as lockdown restrictions prevent them from serving people inside. And, since Google Maps links users directly to a restaurant, users may be serving themselves. Or the restaurant, fees associated with delivery services.
Unfortunately, many restaurants in hard-hit places like New York City have already had to lay off staff.
To use the new feature, all you have to do is open the app on iPhone or Android. Then, at the top of the screen, you’ll see the two new default buttons for takeout and delivery. If you tap “takeout,” you’ll see restaurants that Google knows will let you pick up outside of the restaurant. If you tap “delivery,” you’ll see restaurants that can bring your food to your home.
Some restaurants have links to their websites where you can place an order directly. Others, like the national sandwich chain Subway, let you order through third-party companies include Postmates and DoorDash.