Can’t sign into my Xbox: The Xbox One gaming console is a home video game. It contains several functions online. It’s best to play games, and stream movies and TV shows. Also, it is used for broadcast on sites like mixer and Twitch.
To get the most out of the services offered by Xbox one, you have to first get the account and sign in. However, users face some errors while trying to sign into their account or the page fails to open.
Why does this error occur?
You might be worried about why you face certain errors while trying to sign in to your Xbox account. Don’t worry, I have answers to your questions. Keep reading to find out.
- These issues may occur as a result of a wrong username or password. Maybe you forgot your password or If that is the case, you might have to reset them or ask for your credentials from Microsoft.
- Also, the error might be a result of the network This is a common connection error.
- Sometimes, your account might have the wrong security You might need to verify it.
- The problem might be with The game server is likely to have gone down. Also, the service is being upgraded.
Fix sign-in issues on Xbox One
Now that you are aware of the issue associated with signing in on Xbox one. We are not done yet. Keep reading to learn how to fix the errors.
1. Check your internet connection
Network issue, which is a common connection problem. When you connect your Xbox one to online services. You have to check the internet connection. As this can affect the login process and hinder access to online functions.
You can resolve this, by connecting another device like tablets or smartphones to the same network as your Xbox.
Besides, you can also reboot your modem or router by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back.
2. Check Xbox One service status
You can check the service status online on the Official Xbox Status page. There might be a network down as a result of upgrades or outages. In that case, there’s nothing you can do. You will wait for a few hours while it is restored.
3. Verify your account security information
When you set up your Xbox account. You added some security information. The service expects you to verify your account security info. This verification will inform them, that you can receive a security code via mobile phone or email.
Xbox Sign-in errors arise when this information is not available. Also, it is expected of you to update your security information. This is to prevent hackers.
To verify or update your security information, follow the steps below:
Step 1.Visit login.live.com or you can also sign in to the Security Page.
Step 2.Make sure you log in with the correct username and password of your Microsoft account.
Step 3.Go through the security settings. Check your account info including your email address, phone number, and security questions. If any of this information is outdated or incorrect. You can update it and give the correct information.
Ensure you update your information and not delete them. Otherwise, it will result in you being locked out of your account.
4. Refresh your Xbox One
Another simple way to fix the signing-in issue is to refresh your Xbox one. You get it done by just turning off your Xbox, waiting for a few minutes, and turning it back on. It’s that simple, right?
Refreshing your Xbox one will help the system memory loss and also fix other issues.
Xbox one keeps signing you out?
What to do?
Having successfully signed-in into your account and you are in the middle of a game session. Xbox one can sign you out.
This could be a result of:
- Aside from you, someone is using your
- You don’t restart your Xbox
How to resolve this issue:
Clear the cache of the Xbox system
Xbox one store’s cache in the background in order to remember search history. The cache is a component of software or hardware. It stores data temporarily and aids in a fast recovery of the data.
Clearing out the cache on Android helps to free up space and fix some phone issues. Likewise, clearing out the cache helps to resolve Xbox one sign-in issues.
To clear out the cache on Xbox One, follow the steps below.
- Go to the system settings then click on
- Spot the device storage and click yes on the
- Press clear system cache and restart Xbox
2. Restart your Xbox Console
Restarting is very simple.
- Press the console power button for 10 This will turn the Xbox off.
- Wait for 10 seconds and turn it
Yet, if the issue persists. You can try removing and re-adding your account.
3. Removing and re-adding your account
- Using the Xbox button on the controller, go to the home menu and click on the
- Afterward, select the account on the left side of the Having done that, you will see ” remove account” on the right. Click on it and confirm its removal.
- After, open the home menu again, sign in and click on Add
- Use your Microsoft account email address and password to sign You will get promoted to customize the security information.
4. Change your password and set a two-factor authentication
To do this:
- Login into your account and go to
- Then, click on “change my password”. Change to a new password and
- When you are done with changing your Go to set two-step verification. This will lock out any unauthorized access to your account.