Amazon Prime is a subscription service that gives members access to a variety of Amazon packages. some of which are fast shipping, exclusive access to sales, free movie streaming, and access to other services. Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service that costs $139 per year or $14.99 per month. Prime members receive a wide variety of perks.
on Amazon Prime Video you do not only get to stream, you can also download the videos of your choice, and save them in the Amazon Library in order to watch them later offline.
this can come in very handy, especially while you’re in transit or in a case where you are in an area with a poor network connection.
However, the challenge with this download option comes when you can’t store downloaded videos. Once you have finished watching the videos, you are left with large files, which take up almost all of your device’s storage space.
This situation hinders you from downloading more videos or performing other actions on your device that requires storage.
This then leaves you with no choice but to delete videos from your Amazon Library.
How to remove videos from Amazon Library
ON YOUR COMPUTER
The following steps will help you delete watched videos or movies from Amazon Prime using your PC
- Sign in to your Amazon account on your computer browser
- Go to the “Accounts & List” section and hover your mouse. A drop-down list will appear.
- Search down on the “Your Account” menu till you find “Your Video Library”
- Select “Your Video Library” to access your Amazon video library
- Go to the location of the video you want to delete and click on the video icon.
- Select the delete option to remove the video from the library. Once you are done, a confirmation message will appear.
- Go back to the library and repeat step 5 to delete other Amazon Prime videos
ON YOU iPad
The following steps will help you delete watched videos or movies from Amazon Prime using your ipad
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app
- Go to the “Downloads” tab that is located at the bottom of your device’s screen. A list of all the videos you have downloaded and saved in your Amazon library will appear.
- Click on the “Edit” button located at the top corner of the screen. Select the videos you want to delete by tapping on the select icon (circle) found on the left side of the video file.
- Tap on the “Delete” button at the bottom of the screen to remove the unwanted videos from your Amazon Prime library.
Large Amazon prime videos and movies can occupy much of your storage space. This hinders you from downloading new videos or installing other applications on your device.
Hopefully, with the solutions above you shouldn’t find it difficult to delete videos from your Amazon library anymore.
However, to avoid going through the difficulty of restoring deleted videos, ensure you watch the videos completely before deleting them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Why Do I Have to Pay Extra for Prime Video Channels?
Prime Video Channels are additional subscriptions that allow you to watch the content of your choice.
Prime Video Channels do not form a part of your Prime subscription. They are additional, paid subscriptions that allow you to add the content you want from third-party premium networks and other streaming entertainment channels.
Prime Video Channels allow you to only pay for the channels you want and allow you to cancel anytime. Most Prime Video Channel subscriptions come with a free trial, where applicable.
What Is Included with Prime Video Channels?
Amazon Prime users can subscribe to Premium and Specialty channels to watch TV, movies, and more, all in one package.
Subscription providers manage the availability of titles that are included in their service.
Some Channel subscriptions also feature Watch Live. This feature gives you the option to live stream programming on supported devices at the same time that it’s broadcast on TV.
Issues Accessing Content from External Providers, What do I do?
Subscriptions to premium channels via another provider cannot be directly accessed via Prime Video.
You may be able to access these subscriptions on Fire TV devices or Fire tablets via an app. Please contact your subscription provider for more information.
How Many Streams Can I Watch With My Account?
The numbers of concurrent streams with the same Amazon account are limited.
Amazon allows three concurrent streams within the same Amazon account, and up to two simultaneous streams of the same content.
Can I Watch Prime Video If I Travel Abroad?
Amazon Prime users are able to stream selected Amazon Originals titles while outside of their home country.
Outside of your home country, a reduced selection of Prime Video titles is available to stream. A selection marked “Watch While Abroad” shows the available titles.
If you have a compatible device, you’re able to download titles before you travel in order to watch offline from your library anywhere in the world.
How Do I Find and Watch Live Events on Prime Video?
Live events will appear on the Prime Video website and Prime Video apps.
All live events appear on the “Live & Upcoming” row as you scroll down the Prime Video or Channels home pages.
You may need a Prime membership or subscription via a third-party carrier to access certain titles. If you would like to make a purchase to access content, you can complete your order on the detail page that you’re trying to view.
Issues While Playing Prime Video Titles, What do I do?
What to do when Prime Video titles won’t play or if you see error codes such as 1007, 1022, 7003, 7005, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 7207, 7230, 7250, 7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074.
Below are some general steps to follow when you encounter error codes on Amazon Prime:
- Close the Prime Video app on your device (or your web browser, if you’re watching on your computer).
- Restart your computer or connected device.
- Ensure that your device or web browser has the latest updates.
- Ensure that you’re not using the same account on multiple devices – you can only stream the same title to two devices at a time.
- Ensure that any external device is connected to your TV or display using an HDMI cable that is compatible with HDCP 1.4 (for HD content) or HDCP 2.2 (for UHD and/or HDR content).
- Pause other Internet activity – especially if other devices are using the network at the same time.
- Check your Internet connection. You may need to restart your connected device and/or router.
- If you’re able to connect to the Internet on other devices, update your connected device’s DNS settings. Please check with your device’s manufacturer for further details.
- If you’re attempting to control a device using Alexa, try to unpair it and then pair the device again in the Alexa app.
- Deactivate any VPN or proxy servers.
I Don’t See the Live Event on My Mobile Device or Tablet, What do I do?
You may need to update your Prime Video app in order to view live events.
Try updating your Prime Video app to the latest version.
On Android: Open the Google Play store app, search for Prime Video, and then tap Update.
On iOS: Open the App Store, search for Prime Video, and then tap Update.
Can I Access My Sports Subscriptions and Other Events While Traveling?
Outside of your home country, you may not be able to stream all Prime Video content and live events.
When traveling outside your home country, eligible Amazon Prime members will be shown the Watch While Abroad carousel when browsing Prime Video. In addition to titles listed in this carousel, only titles that you have purchased or rented may be streamed while you’re traveling outside of your country of residence.
What Commentary Options Are Available, and How Do I Listen to Them?
Not all live events offer different commentary tracks.
Some events may have alternate audio options that, once you’ve pressed play, select “Audio and commentary” from the menu and choose your commentators. Some smart TVs require you to select your “Audio and commentary” choice on the game page before you play the game.
How do I Fix Issues with Prime Video PIN Errors?
What to do if your Prime Video PIN does not work, or if you see error codes such as 5014, and 5016?
- Wait a few minutes, and then try again.
- Visit Prime Video Settings to edit your PIN number.
Prime Video PINs only apply to the device they have been set on. Set a PIN on every device you wish to use Parental Controls on.
How do I Force Stop the Prime Video App on an Android Device?
If the Prime Video app doesn’t respond, you can force it to close and try again.
To do this, follow these steps below:
- Open your Android device’s Settings app.
- Locate and select the Prime Video app.
- Select Force Stop.
How do I Force Stop the Prime Video App on an iOS Device?
If the Prime Video app doesn’t respond, you can force it to close and try again.
For further details, please visit the Apple Support page: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.