Have trouble watching videos and movies on Amazon Prime Video? Not be!
If you have been in a situation where videos on your amazon prime keep skipping, won’t play or are lagging. We have a guide that can help you fix the problem. The right solution when Amazon prime video is not working will depend on the problem at hand.
Fixing issues with Amazon Prime Video
To fix the Amazon Prime Video problem:
#1. Fix Amazon Prime Video streaming
Amazon prime users experience streaming issues because of a poor connection. Which leads to buffering and longtime loading. To fix these issues:
- Run a speed test: Go to Fast.com or Speedtest.net to check your Internet speed. This will help you know if your connection is fast enough to download videos.
- Check your video resolution: You are probably facing this issue because you changed your video resolution. You can stream standard definition and high-definition (HD) movies on Amazon Prime.
But, for you to stream HD movies, you need not less than 1.5Mbps to stream SD movies. Also, you need 3.5Mbps to stream HD movies.
Hence, if your speed test happens to be below 1.5Mbps, the issue is with your internet connection. Contact your ISP to fix it.
2 Issues with Smart TV
This problem can occur on several devices which include smartphones, computers, and TVs. In case you have a problem using Amazon Prime on your Smart TV, try the steps below to fix it:
- Refresh your TV content by restarting it
- Clear out Prime Video app data
- Update the software of your Smart TV
At times, these issues may occur because you are trying to watch 4k Ultra HD videos. This video will not work because it’s only available on Amazon Fire TV only. Hence, you have to upgrade to access the service.
Amazon Video app not responding:
Issues can occur after downloading the app or if you have used the app for a long time. In case the app is not working on your device. To fix it, ensure the app is not outdated. If it is, upgrade it.
Also, if you check your device for the TV menu and the app did not appear there. It means the device does not support the app.
Or, maybe you are accessing the Amazon Prime video app from an unsupported location or region.
To fix this issue, try to download the version of the app that is supported on your device. Also, For the unsupported regions. Try using a VPN. But, there’s no assurance that it will work. You will just have to wait for Amazon to be available in that area.
There are times you won’t hear the audio sound when Watching a video on Amazon Fire TV. To fix this issue, try the steps below:
- First, check your device volume control
- Make sure you have plug-in HDMI/Optical connectors
- Reverse both ends of the cable or use another HDMI cable
- Check to see if the audio cable is broken
In addition, you can restart your device and check your audio settings.
Blank TV screen:
Have you ever seen a blank TV when you are watching a video on a Fire TV device? Sometimes, it could blue or black screen.
When you experience this issue, use the steps below to fix it:
- Unplug your device from the HDMI port and then plug it back.
- Replace the HDMI cable
- Make sure you plug all cords into a power source and connect them to the Fire TV
- Press the input or source button on the remote
- Make sure your TV input matches the number or name of the HDMI port on the Fire TV
If the problem is still there after trying the step above, carry out resetting factory settings on your Fire TV.
Switch to another browser:
If the app is not working, the problem could be your browser. First, try to upgrade the browser if it’s outdated. Or, switch to another browser if the issue persists.
If all the steps did not work, contact the Amazon Prime Video support team
Amazon Prime Video Not Working?
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video on iOS
In case you are running Amazon Prime on iPhone or IPad, and the app is not working. You can fix the issue by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. To do this:
- Locate the Prime Video icon and give it a long press
- Click on ‘ Remove app’
- Select delete
- Then, go to the App store to search for Prime Video
- Install it again
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video on Android
If your Amazon Prime Video is not working on your android. Here is a guide to help you fix it:
- Go to your settings and click on ‘App and notification’
- Select Prime video and go to the storage
- You will see ‘clear data’ click on it to clear the data
- Continue watching videos
If the step above did not help fix the issue, uninstall and reinstall the app.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTION
Why is my Amazon Prime Not working?
From the Home screen, go to Settings > Apps and notifications > Prime Video. Then, tap Storage > Clear Data and confirm with OK. Retry the video. If this doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app.
Why is my Amazon Prime Video not working on my smart TV?
Prime Video isn’t working on your smart TV because you need to clear the cache or reset the Prime Video app. If that doesn’t work, restart the WiFi and connect the streaming app to another device. Now, If it works on a different device, your TV should be reset. If not, check your account’s subscription.
- How do I update Amazon Prime on my smart TV?
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Select Amazon Prime Video.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Highlight and enable Auto Update.