Hulu is an American subscription streaming platform majority-owned by The Walt Disney Company, with Comcast’s NBCUniversal holding a minority stake.
Hulu is one of the few platforms that offer the best streaming experience. On Hulu, you have access to many genres of movies and shows to keep you entertained.
How then can you access these movies and shows on Hulu? To begin with, you have to subscribe and activate your Hulu account.
Activating your Hulu account differs from device to device, although they are quite similar. You can access Hulu via Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Xbox, Sprint, etc.
In this article, we’ve gathered for you step-by-step guides on how to activate Hulu on various devices. See them below!
How to activate Hulu
On Xbox One
Follow these steps below to activate Hulu on Xbox One:
- Sign in to your Xbox live account
- Go back to the home screen
- Select the store option
- Download Hulu Plus in the apps section
- Install the Hulu plus app
- Launch the app
- Sign in to Hulu plus
- Log in and write down the activation code given
- To activate follow this link hulu.com/activate and enter the activation code
- Your account will be activated and ready for use
Below are steps to help you activate Hulu on Roku:
- Press the home button on your remote control
- On the Roku home screen, go to Roku channel store
- Locate the Hulu channel
- Select Add the channel to confirm
- Launch the Hulu app
- Select Log in
- Enter your email address and passwordwith the on-screen keyboard provided
- Select your profile from the list and enjoy streaming
On Smart TVs
Fortunately, Hulu apps are already preinstalled on the latest Smart TV versions. However, you can follow the steps below to activate Hulu on your TV if it does not readily have it.
- Go to store, video, apps, and games or App Storedepending on your smart TV option.
- Search for Hulu
- Select downloadto download the app
- Install the downloaded app
- Launch the Hulu app
- Log in to Hulu
- Choose to activate it on a computer
- You’ll receive an activation code, ensure to write it out
- Visit http://hulu.com/activate and login
- Enter the activation code you copied earlier
Now that you’re logged in, select your profile and start streaming.
Note that you have to log in with your computer in order to activate Hulu. Ensure to also provide your email address where it’s required to log in on your TV to activate Hulu.
In case you encounter a ‘Hulu activation code not working’ refresh the page or restart the activation process. You can link your Hulu account with other connected devices via the Hulu activation code for android.
To activate Hulu on Sprint, the steps below will guide you.
- Sign in to your Sprint account
- Select the device (phone) you want to watch Hulu on
- Click on change service add-ons
- Click on Hulu
- Complete the registration
- Follow the link sent to your phone to complete the setup
Luckily, this guide has helped you activate Hulu on your device. You can now stream your favorite programs without any issues.
If you still encounter issues while connecting your device, you may have to contact Hulu customer support.
How to contact Hulu Customer Support
You have to first sign in to your Hulu account to contact their customer care services. Likewise, you can contact them via their toll-free number or send them a message via their social media pages. Ensure to mention how long you’ve been experiencing the issue to the customer care official. Also, specify the steps you have taken to resolve them and the type of device you are using.
You can call Hulu Customer Service via 310-571-4700. Their lines are open daily for 24hrs and it is toll-free.
Furthermore, the presence of cache files and cookies in your browser may cause you to encounter some issues on Hulu. One major issue is when Hulu keeps logging you out.
This issue occurs mostly due to cache build-up. When you log in to Hulu on a browser that has a previous cache of the website, Hulu will log you out.
The following steps below will help you delete cache and cookies from a different browsers, depending on the one you use.
How to clear the Amazon Fire TV Stick cache
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Click on Manage All Applications
- Select Hulu
- Click Clear Cache and Data
- Restart the app
How to clear Xbox cache
- Press and hold the Xbox power button until it turns off completely
- Unplug the power cable then press and hold the Xbox power button for about 5-10 seconds to expel any remaining power
- Plug in the power cable
- Wait for your Xbox to power up then turn it back on
How to clear Apple TV cache
- Switch off your Apple TV device and wait until it turns off completely
- Unplug the power cable and wait for about a minute
- Plug the power cable back and power on your Apple TV
How to clear PlayStation cache
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
- Select Turn Off PS and wait for it to power down completely
- Unplug the power cable for about a minute to discharge any remaining power
- Plug the cable back and restart your PlayStation
How to clear cache files from Roku
- Select Home from the main menu
- From the Roku remote control, press Home five times followed by Up then Rewind twice then fast forward
- Wait for about 15-30 seconds for Roku to clear cookies and cache and restart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Hulu is finally starting to let viewers watch TV shows on their phones and tablets without paying for a subscription. Beginning on Android today, just about everything that you can currently watch for free on Hulu’s website can now be watched for free on mobile devices.
How do I install the Hulu app?
Using your Android mobile device, go to the Google Play Store or tap the icon from your Home screen. Go to Search and type “Hulu” Tap the green Hulu icon. Tap the Install button, then confirm by tapping OK
Is Hulu better than Netflix?
Hulu is less expensive than all but the most basic Netflix service. Hulu’s content quality and simultaneous streams are comparable to the Standard (mid-tier) Netflix plan, at a lower cost. Both platforms have popular original content. Hulu is better for the latest TV shows, Netflix is better for binging series
How do I download Hulu for free?
Tap the download icon below the movie title or next to the TV episode title. To download a TV episode, search for the TV show and select it. Then scroll down to the episode you want to download and tap the download icon.
How much is Hulu a month 2022?
Hulu + Live TV Review 2022
- Hulu + Live TV: $69.99/month
- Hulu No Ads + Live TV: $75.99/month
What do I need to watch Hulu on my TV?
You can watch Hulu on your TV using an app or browser, a casting device, a smart HDTV, or even hook up a computer to the TV. Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire Stick all work with Hulu. See this article to activate Hulu on your device.
What channels does Hulu have?
There are over 75 live and on-demand channels to choose from, including Popular entertainment channels like BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, Freeform, Lifetime, MTV, OWN, TBS, TNT, VH1, and the USA. Family-friendly channels like Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Universal Kids, and Boomerang.
Do you get Hulu for free with Amazon Prime?
No, Hulu does not come with Amazon Prime. You will have to purchase Hulu separately to access the on-demand library of movies and shows. Although Amazon Prime is an excellent service, it does not include bundles with Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, or any other streaming service.
How do I download Hulu 2022?
To download a movie or episode on Hulu:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network, or enable cellular downloading.
- Go to Search from the global navigation bar
- Tap Downloadable from the menu.
- Swipe through the various collections to browse.
- Select the movie or show you’d like to download.
Do you get local channels with Hulu?
Hulu + Live TV is a great streaming service for cord-cutters who want to watch local channels live. It carries all four of the major local networks, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, and offers a wide choice of local sports coverage on regional sports networks. Hulu + Live TV costs $54.99/mo. or $6 How much is Hulu on Roku?
How many TVs can watch Hulu live?
If you have a basic Hulu or Hulu (No Ads) subscription, up to two people can watch at once. If you have a Hulu + Live TV subscription without the Unlimited Screens Add-on, up to two people can watch simultaneously.
Can I watch Hulu on my TV without Internet?
As a Hulu (No Ads) and Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV subscriber, you can download tons of shows and movies from the Hulu streaming library. Take your device with you when traveling and watch without Wi-Fi or data on supported mobile devices.
Can I share Hulu with my family?
You can download the Hulu app and activate your account on as many supported devices as you’d like, but only two of them can be streaming simultaneously. If you attempt to stream from an additional device, you may see an error message on that screen.
Can I use Hulu live away from home?
If you’re a live TV subscriber, Hulu’s settings will include the option to set or change your home location. Your home location determines which channels you’ll get with Hulu + Live TV. It applies to all of your devices, even when you’re away from home.
Can you share a Hulu account like Netflix?
You can download the Hulu app on multiple devices. In fact, you can download onto as many supported devices as you would like, but there is a simultaneous streaming limit.
Is it illegal to share a Hulu account?
Hulu says, “You are responsible for all use of your account, including use of your account by other members in your household.” HBO says, “Your sign-in credentials should not be shared with anyone outside of your household.”
Can I share Hulu with friends?
Hulu Watch Party is a feature that allows Hulu subscribers to watch movies and shows together and connect from different locations. The feature synchronizes video playback for all participants and adds a group chat to the video being watched.
How many TVs can use Hulu?
You’ll only be able to stream premium content from a total of five screens — three of which can be on out-of-home mobile devices — at one time. If you exceed this limit you will run into a “too many streams” error message
What’s included with Hulu?
For only $6.99 per month, Hulu provides on-demand access to full seasons of select TV shows, hit movies, and Hulu originals. Hulu also includes FX on Hulu, showing exclusive shows and TV shows airing on FX the next day.
Why can’t I get Hulu on my smart TV?
Always ensure the Hulu App you’re using on the Smart TV is fully updated. You need the latest version of Hulu for optimum performance. Therefore, if you’re running into Hulu not working on Smart TV issues, the app may be outdated. Check for available updates and if there are any and ensure to update the app.
How do I activate Hulu on my TV?
Log into your account, search for the Watch Hulu on Your Devicesoption, or visit to hulu.com/activate. Enter the unique code that is displayed on your TV screen and you should be logged in in about a minute.