In this article, we are going to focus on showing you how to save an iMovie Project on your Mac computer in 2 ways. You can easily save an iMovie to your Mac, by navigating to the projects button in the iMovie app or click on the File menu from the top toolbar. Fortunately, on your Mac computer, you can work on multiple iMovie projects at once. You can also easily save them once you are done.
Apple’s iMovie gives you access to build a project from the pre-download trailer templates. It allows you to make a new movie to compile videos from a family vacation or even a birthday party. After a project is complete, you can easily save it to your files. Be it a specific folder or directly to your desktop.
If you want to save an iMovie project to your Mac, you can choose the “Files” option after clicking on the “Share Project” in the “Projects” button. You can also easily choose the same option in the drop-down menu.
Here are steps you can use to do both:
How to save your iMovie on a Computer
- Open iMovie on your Mac
- Choose an ongoing project from the “Projects” tab. Alternatively, you can start a new project. Simply click on the plus (+) option and select a trailer template or start a new freeform movie.
- If the project you want to save is already complete, simply tap on the three dots icon to the right of its name and choose the “Share Project” from the pop-up list.
- Choose “File” from the bottom of the list. The other options enable you to share the project directly through email or social media. However, sharing to “File” will directly save a copy to your Mac. Sharing to “Theater” on the other hand will only save the project to iMovie. With this, you won’t be able to access it anywhere else on your computer.
- With this, a pop-up with options to customize your saved video will open. Then you can add a description and tags, along with adjusting the resolution and quality. Then check the “Add to Theater” box if you want to view your movie in the “Theater” button.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Then iMovie will prompt you to select a file name and location. You are to key in a file name close to “Save As” and select a location close to “Where” a specific folder or your desktop.
- Then tap on the “Save” option to complete the process.
How to Save a Project on the File Menu
- As earlier stated, you can also access this same pop-up from within the iMovie project. Then click open a project or create a new one.
- After you have successfully completed the project, scroll to the “File” tab in the toolbar at the top of the app. This will be the first option to the right of the Apple icon and bolded “iMovie” settings.
- Then choose the “Share” button from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “File” option. This will open the pop-up to save the project on your Mac computer.
That about completes the process and you can see how easy it is to complete one.