Do you want to improve signal strength on and off the Sprint network and as such you want to learn how to update PRL on Sprint phones? You are on the right page. It is a simple process and one that we are going to show you how to complete in no time. We are also going to show you the benefits that updating PRL on your Sprint phone offers.
What Do You Stand to Gain by Updating PRL on Sprint Phones?
When you update the Preferred Roaming List which is another name for PRL on your Sprint phone:
- It helps in improving signal strength on and off the Sprint network.
- It reduce drop calls
- Assist with Web connection issues.
- It can also help if your phone is unable to make calls when you are roaming off the network.
- You can perform updates directly from your phone’s handset.
How to Update PRL on Sprint Phones
Now that we are done with the benefits, let’s show you how to update Preferred Roaming List on your Sprint Phone. However, you have to understand that the steps may vary slightly depending on your phone’s model:
- Press the “Menu” option on your Sprint phone’s home screen.
- Choose “Settings” and press the “Menu” Key.
- Choose “Phone Info”
- Navigate down to “Version” and press the “Menu” Key.
- Scroll downwards and highlight the “PRL” field and press “Update”.
- Hold on for the update to complete.
- Then click on the “End” Key to exit to the phone’s home screen.
- Touch “Settings” and select “General”.
- Click on “Update PRL” and hold on for the update to complete.
- If there is no update available, simply click on the “Menu/OK” Key.
- Then click on the “End” phone key to exit to the phone’s home screen
- Click on the green “Phone” Key from the phone’s home screen.
- However, Click on “Preferences” from the “Applications” menu.
- Click on the “Update PRL” option and hold on for the update to complete.
- Then click on the red “End” Key in order to exit to the phone’s home screen.
Congratulations because you have just successfully updated PRL on your Sprint phone. It is that easy and it is something that you can try out right now if you haven’t before now. These are steps you can complete on your own without an external guide. Get started, and see how easy it works!!!