what is zoom app?
E-learning is on the increase because of the effect of the Global deadly virus called the CORONA virus (COVID-19). The one visual video conferencing app that powers up to 1000 meeting participants is the Zoom conferencing app, be as it may, the app access is without sign up and log in. This post will teach all students who use the Zoom app, Teachers, parents, organizations, businesses, and friends who communicate to each other through a visual means to know the nitty-gritty of how to use the zoom.
Sign up for a zoom account, visit www.zoom.us, tap on the signup button, enter your date of birth, key in your name and email address, and click on the create account button.
How to use Zoom Cloud App – Zoom Conferencing – Zoom Webinar
The Zoom conferencing meeting platform has favorable device compatibility, in that the app can be accessed from all devices; desktop, PC, or laptop (Windows, macOS, and Linux), and on a smartphone; Android and iOS; iPhone and iPad.
Let me remind you that creating a zoom account is not enough, you need to as well know how to do zoom login on Desktop and mobile phones, how to download the Zoom app from the zoom website or app stores as well as how to join or host zoom meeting.
Let’s quickly delve into the ZOOM app download – How to join Zoom meeting from Desktop, Android, iPhone and iPad, and host to host a meeting on Zoom.
What Do I need to Host or Join a meeting on ZOOM?
To join a zoom meeting, you will need the meeting ID and password or the meeting link from the host. Surprisingly, you don’t even need to sign up or log in to join a meeting on Zoom, you only need internet access, the zoom app installed on the desktop, android or iOS and the meeting link or ID and password. However, you will need to create a zoom account or register or sign up for a zoom free account to be able to host a meeting on zoom. How to Zoom sign up is how we will show you down the post. For now, know if suing zoom is free or paid.
Is Using Zoom Cloud App Free?
Using zoom for video conferencing is free, in that, there is a free account sign up for individuals who are using zoom for one-on-one conversation and meetings. But if you are hosting a zoom meeting beyond three participants, you will need to subscribe for a zoom subscription plan to access the professional and commercial zoom package and features.
The Zoom free plan is limited to only three participants and the trial version allows up to 100 meeting participant but restrict meeting to last only for 40 minutes when the meeting duration reaches 40 minutes the meeting ends automatically without the host’s consent.
How to Download Zoom App and use it to host or Join a Meeting
To download the Zoom app, you will need to visit either the app store or download from zoom websites. Here we will show you how to download the zoom app on the desktop, Android, and iOS devices.
Downloading the zoom app on the desktop has to be through a web browser, let’s say, google chrome.
- Open your google chrome
- Visit zoom.us
- Tap on the join meeting or host a meeting
- You will be prompted to download the app first
- Tap on the download button
- Wait for the download to finish
On smartphones (Android & iOS; iPhone and iPad)
- To download the Zoom app, visit your app store; google play store for Android users, and Apple app store for iOS users; iPhone, and iPad)
- Use the search bar and search for Zoom cloud conferencing
- Tap on the app
- Click on download
- Wait for the download to finish
- Launch and sign up or login if you have an account already
Zoom Sign up – Zoom Account Registration for Free – Register to Join OR Host a Meeting
You can sign up for a zoom account on the zoom official site at www.zoom.us and as well sign up on the Zoom app on mobile device desktop and macOS. Here is the general Zoom Sign up instructions applicable to all devices.
- Visit zoom.us or open the zoom app downloaded
- Click on the signup button
- Key in your date of birth
- Enter your name and email address
- Verify account using the verification link sent to your email
- Create a login password
- Confirm password
- Create an account
How to Join Zoom Meeting On Zoom App and Web
To join a meeting, you will need a meeting ID and password or a meeting link handed down by the meeting host.
- Open the zoom app on desktop or smartphone
- Login to your zoom account
- Enter the meeting ID and password in the field provided
- Click join.
- Or if you are joining with a meeting link, just locate the link, click on it and you will be taken to the meeting room.
How to Host a Zoom Meeting on Zoom App
Hosting a meeting on zoom is as simple as joining a meeting, just a few additional steps.
- Open the zoom app
- Sign in to your zoom account
- Click on host a meeting
- Enter the meeting details
- Set up the meeting features
- Click to create a meeting.