Plex is a worldwide streaming media service and a client-server media player platform, made by Plex, Inc. This article will do so much on https://plex.tv/link and its services.
Its Media Server organizes video, audio, and photos from a user’s collections and from online services, and streams them to the players.
Hence, users can choose from over 50,000 free on-demand titles plus over 250 channels of instant Live TV.
With Plex, you can stream great movies from your favorite devices including Apple, Android, Smart TVs, and more.
On the other hand, users get access to more content from more countries worldwide than any other service.
However, in this article, we will give you tips to help you set up Plex TV using https://-plex-tv-link-activate/ on your Android TV or Apple TV, Smart TV, etc.
Hence, without delay let’s get started
What is plex?
Plex is a platform for managing media, it comprises two parts: the media server software (Plex Media Server) and the new playback software (Plex) replacing that of the Plex Media Player.
It has more than 100 online stations and more than 20,000 films.
It also has living TV capabilities with over 80 streaming stations.
On the other hand, it also offers local-listed shows, sporting events as well as news.
Over 20,000 on-demand and accessible pictures, along with displays from different networks, can be streamed to consumers.
Plex streaming service is top-rated In the USA and it’s the steadiest streaming website that offers both paid and free videos and pictures via https://plex.tv/link.
That’s not all, it allows users to limit their shows or movies and create their streaming TV channels, displays music, and more on each device.
Hence, the benefit of this arrangement is to maintain the user’s collection of files on their servers.
Plex is an amazing choice for those with wide storehouses of local media files.
It’s also a good choice for those who don’t like popular video or streaming services.
With the Plex app, your media library will be available to all devices.
Still, it does not occupy large storage space on the devices they’ll be streaming their media.
How to create an account on https://plex.tv/link
Follow these easy steps below to create an account via https://plex.tv/link:
- Using a browser, go to https://www.plex.tv/sign-up/
- Click on the login option in the upper right corner.
- Then tap on Sign Up.
- Select an email address, password, and email.
- However, you can join using Gmail, Facebook, and Apple.
- Accept all terms and conditions.
- Verify your email address and confirm your info.
- After that, you successfully created a Plex account.
Where to Enter Plex TV Code?
If you are wondering where to enter the activation code of your device, you are on the right page.
Follow these steps below to set up your account using the activation code:
- Using a browser, open https://-plex-tv-link-activate/
- Sign in using your correct details
- Once you’ve verified the account, enter the activation code, that was displayed on the screen and click apply.
- Once you’ve entered the code and your participant’s program is activated, it will refresh itself automatically after a short time and be linked to your account.
How to Connect to Your Account via Code?
Follow these steps below to connect your plex account via code:
- Switch on Your device and choose the Sign In button.
- Note down the activation code, you will need to connect the app to the account you’ve created with the Plex account.
- Using a browser, visit https://plex.tv/link
- Enter the code for the link.
- Then click on Submit.
- Once you’ve done that the app will restart itself after a few seconds and it will be linked to your device.
How to Install Plex App on different devices?
- First, download the app for mobile via Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, or Apple App Store.
- After that, link your plex account to your Plex App, by entering the correct login details.
- Plex also provides you multiple choices for signing up, such as signing up with Google, Facebook, Apple, and using the OG Email ID and password system.
- However, suppose you need to sign into devices such as smart TVs.
- You have the option of signing in with a 4-digit activation code.
- Hence, you don’t have to worry about entering long passwords and IDs regularly.
- Once you’ve entered the code into your smart TV, it will refresh, showing the choices available.
How to activate Plex TV on your Smart TV
Follow these steps below to set up Plex TV on your smart TV:
- Once you’ve launched the app on your TV, select the Sign In option on the screen.
- In the next few minutes, a four-digit activation code will be displayed on the TV screen.
- Make sure you note down this code
- Using a browser, visit https://plex.tv/link
- Enter your Plex account details on this page and log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, it will prompt you to enter the four-character code.
- Enter the code and then click on “Submit”.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, the Plex app on your TV will refresh and will connect your account to your TV.
- Hence, this could take just a few minutes.
However, to avoid the stress of writing your password on these platforms, Plex and other platforms like YouTube TV utilize this 4-character login code to connect your account
How to Set up Plex Media Server on Your Computer via https://plex.tv/link
- First, using a browser, visit https://www.plex.tv/
- Then, proceed to the Sign-up.
- After that, you can start downloading Plex Media Server Software.
- Then, head out to https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/ or https://www.plex.tv/sign-up/
- Choose the operating system according to the system your computer is built on.
- Then download Plex Media Server on your computer.
- After that Plex allows a Media Server to your system or network-attached (NAS) device that you will store your videos, images, films, and music videos along with other multimedia files.
How do I connect or activate a Tool to Plex Television streaming program
Follow the procedures below to start your Plex Television program on your device:
- Install Plex Television program
- Hence, you need to fill in an application on a device on which you want to view Plex TV.
- This allows you to browse the “application stores” of the gadget.
- Then install and search the Plex television program.
- If the program is installed, open the Plex Television Hyperlink code
- In this case, you must install the previously installed Plex TV app on the device.
- You’ll notice that there’s a login button that is the same.
- Enter the Plex TV account details to sign in.
- Once you log in, the code will appear on the screen.
- Make sure you save the code to use in the future.
- Go to the Plex Television activation Page
- Using a browse, enter plex. tv/link or https://plex.tv/link
- It will take you to the login page for this Plex television.
- Enter your login details to access the activation page.
- Finally, the activation code needs to be activated.
- Hence, once activated, you can enter the code in the appropriate space on the screen.
- Then, press the final button.
- After that, you can now stream Plex TV content onto your device.
According to Plex, each of the smart devices has the right to use the Plex TV app.
Hence, below is a list of devices that are fit to receive the Plex TV program:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Chrome Cast
- Roku Device
- Smart TVs
- Android and iOS devices
- X Box
- NVidia Shield
- VR devices like Oculus Proceed
- Amazon Alexa
- Windows Devices
How Much Does Plex Cost?
- Plex offers a free account.
- This category lets you have all the basics of streaming and media storage capabilities, as well as the ability to cast your content to different devices and support for a variety of media formats such as 4K.
- However, it’s worth considering the higher-end Plex Pass account instead, which costs $4.99 each month or $39.99 annually, or $119.99 for an annual subscription for more advanced users
- The Plex Pass includes everything in the free account and many other features that make it easier to use.
- For instance, Plex Pass subscribers get Premium Music and Photos options that include auto-tagging and automated lyrics, as well as support to Live TV via an antenna and tuner, as well as offline mobile and syncing.
Forgot your password?
In case, you’ve forgotten your password you can reset it by following these steps below:
- Using a browser, open https://app.plex.tv/auth#?resetPassword
- Please enter the email address used to create your Plex Account, then click on “send instruction”.
- After that, you’ll receive prompts for resetting your password.
What’s the Difference between Plex and Kodi?
Kodi and Plex are similar, But Plex and Kodi are not sharing code, and therefore, there are some distinct distinctions.
Actually, Plex’s earlier version of the Home Theater app was based on an XBMC (a precursor to Kodi) release.
However, Plex is not entirely open-source code, for starters.
Hence, developers can contribute or look over a lot of the code.
It’s OK if you do not intend to make changes to the code.
Although, some of the portions aren’t available to the public.
Plex is easier to install on a wider range of platforms than Kodi and also has specially designed apps compatible with iOS and Amazon Fire TV devices, for instance.
However, some users might prefer the more open-source Kodi, which does not have restrictions on its use.
Hence, Kodi doesn’t require the same server configuration steps as Plex does.
In addition, Plex seems to escape the many oppositions of Kodi even though Kodi, when it is used in the manner intended, is legal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How do I delete something from my Library?
You can remove content from a library in two main ways:
- Remove the item from where you store your content and then update the library
- Delete the item using a Plex app (requires the ability to delete to be enabled)
How do I get subtitles to work?
In order to use subtitles with Plex, you need to make sure that the Plex Media Server correctly finds and matches your subtitles.
If you’re using external subtitle files, you need to make sure they’re named properly and placed in the correct location.
For installed subtitles, make sure they have the language flag identified properly for the best support.
Why does the content I deleted on my drive still show up?
By default, when your Plex Media Server updates a Library and an item is no longer available at the specified location, the Server will not just remove the item from your library.
However, the item will be marked as “soft deleted” instead, so that you can restore the item without losing any data linked with the item.
Hence, if you wish to get rid of such soft deleted items, simply empty the trash in the Plex Web App.
How do I add theme music for a TV show?
Plex maintains a database of theme music clips for a vast number of television shows.
When you add or update a show, your Plex Media Server will grab that theme music file if it’s available and if you have your metadata agent set to do so.
However, for very new, very old, or more obscure shows, though, it’s quite possible that a theme might not exist yet.
Using Your Own Theme Music File
If you’d like to use your own theme music file, you can do so by making use of the Local Media Assets metadata agent source.
Hence, you’ll need to name the MP3 properly and place it in the correct location.
Submitting Theme Music
If you’d like to help out, you can submit theme music files for possible inclusion in the database so that other people can benefit from them, too.
How do I contact the technical assistant?
You can contact plex’s technical assistant via https://forums.plex.tv/
How do I see what is being played by Plex apps?
Content that is actively being played (by supported Plex apps) will appear in the Now Playing area in the Plex Web App’s Dashboard.
Hence, you can visit that to see details about what is being played, who is playing it, which app is being used, and how far they are through playback.
However, you can also view old data of plays from your Plex Media Server in the playback history area of the Dashboard.