Oscar Health Insurance offers its members lots of benefits. However, their policies are rarely available in a wider region. In other words, policies available are in limited counties. Added with the fact that it’s pricey compared to other health insurance companies out there.
Oscar Health insurance is also good for hospitals and providers networks. But all of these good things about Oscar don’t remove the fact that it’s limited availability and unfavorable policy for HMO or PPO plans.
Also, if you are looking for cheap rates, short-term insurance coverage, vision, and dental policy, then you might need to look elsewhere. And that is because Oscar Health Insurance is not a good deal for such policies.
Oscar Health Insurance
When you hear the name Oscar health insurance, what comes to your mind? Exactly what you Oscar’s health represents is what this paragraph is all about. The company’s business value is in providing health insurance policies to both individuals and businesses.
At this point, I will have to mention a few things you need to be aware of Oscar Health Insurance policies. With the result that it will either make you sign up for Oscar’s policies or look else for health coverage that speaks to your needs. First, you need to know that;
- Oscar Health Insurance serves both individuals and businesses, including cooperating establishments like Hospitals and other cooperating entities. More so, they offer plans for families, brokers, and providers.
- On a second note, the company is technologically driven. In other words, they have systems that work irrespective of physical or one-on-one meetings with the company.
- Amazingly, this might shock you, but it’s true. The company’s policies are quite expensive than other health insurance companies out there. Nevertheless, its membership benefits make it compelling and attractive.
- With all I have said, here comes why many aren’t buying their policies. That’s because Oscar’s health insurance policies are rarely available or limited to a small region, state, or counties.
- In all, beauty lies in serving everyone according to their needs. As a result, Oscar offers its customers customized or personalized health coverage.
- It will interest you to know… here is the best part of Oscar. Their customer’s services are beyond comparison. As such, they are among the best when you talk about customer service and efficiency.
- There is nothing more important than a working means of contact or reach. Oscar operates a 24/7 website or portal where new customers can sign up or create an account to buy policies. Next, log in to manage and keep track of their coverage, pay the monthly or annual premium. More so, get quotes on the plans they want to buy, as well as file a claim either by submitting a claim through their portal. Or contacting an online agent or customer representative through the Oscar Health Insurance phone number.
- Oscar health insurance is available in eight states; Arizona, California, Florida, New Jersey. Next, New York, Ohio, Texas, and Tennessee. However, it’s only accessible in some areas like; Phoenix, San Francisco, Los Angeles. Next, Orange County, Orlando, Statewide, Cleveland, Columbus. Next, Austin, San, Antonio, El Paso, Nashville, and Memphis.
- I won’t end without letting you know that Oscar has a partnership with Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) network. In other words, any coverage you buy from their provider’s network is free.
How to Buy Oscar Health Insurance Plans
Buying Oscar insurance plans can be done online with a credit card. It’s as easy as that. However, you will need a qualifying life event, though it’s common among other insurers. To help you stay informed, the qualifying life event is only a prerequisite only if the time of purchase is not within the Oscar health insurance police purchase free window period.
Oscar Health Insurance Website/Portal
See, I think there is a need to talk a bit about the Oscar health web portal. In that, it’s a system designed to collect, save, manage, and process all the transactions between the company and its customers.
To start with, on your visit to the website you will notice that it has an easy and user-friendly interface. Furthermore, navigation is made simple with the search toolbar that helps you find EPO providers in few clicks. More so, you will come across an interactive map that shows you areas that Oscar health policies are available. Added with reviews and ratings for coverage and drug prescriptions. More features of the site;
- Customers can search EPO providers on the portal using the navigational search tool
- Communicate, and direct plan visits with the Providers.
- In all, access any services in your area by just keying in your ZIP code.
Finally, on the website you will find health resources, added with unique policyholder benefits. With your smartphone, you can download and install the Oscar mobile phone app. Also, you can access the resources and read their blog posts on recent research, as well as schedule a meeting with a provider with a web browser.
Oscar Health insurance Sign Up
The sign-up process is done online. Again, you can get quotes online. However, after you buy a policy, you will receive a welcome kit that includes your plan ID cards. Next, a summary of the policy benefits, and a look at other free perks and benefits. Added with a gym membership reimbursement of $400 per year. Finally, up to $200 per covered spouse.
Oscar Health Insurance: Mobile App (Download & Uses)
The Oscar app is available for download on both Android and iOS devices. It can also be downloaded on Google play store and apple app store. To the best use and management of your plan or policy.
Thus, you can use the app and the website through a web browser to monitor your deductible progress. Next, view relevant health topics like managing your mental health through their blog. More so, you can track your steps and get rewarded with up to $100 in Amazon gift cards per year if you reach your step goal. All can be down through the mobile app and on the portal so long as you have your login credentials.
Oscar Health insurance Login
The website at the point of buying policies ensures you create an account. Thus, at the account creation process, you will be required to create a login credential (username & password). However, each person has separate login details such as member login, broker login, business login, and provider login.
- Visit the Oscar website.
- Next, tap on the login button
- Enter your own plan login username and password.
- Finally, tap on the sign-in button.
Oscar Health Insurance Products & Services
Here, I will talk about Oscar Health individual insurance policies;
- Simple health Polices
- Saver health Policies
- Classic health Policies
Oscar Simple Health Policies
Permit me to start with the most affordable policies. When you buy Simple health Policies, it covers all your healthcare costs. But that’s only when you have exhausted the out-of-pocket maximums. Although the simple health plans are sold in four different levels;
See, they come in different levels, but with the same deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums. Though the Silver and gold seem to have a little lower deductible and out-of-pocket compared to Secure and Bronze. So, whichever metal level you buy, as you pay for medical bills or buy drug or drug prescription services, your deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum finishes at the same time except for silver and Gold.
Note: To your notice, simple health policies are best for people in a good state of health. More so, there is not much medical service and the premium payment is quite cheap. That said, the Simple Secure plan is not a good deal because it has the highest deductibles. But accessible to only people of 30years below.
Oscar Saver Health Policies
Compared to the Simple plan, the Saver plan has levels for deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums. If you exhaust your deductibles, you can co-insure and split any medical costs with Oscar. More so, when you reach the out-of-pocket maximum, any in-network health costs would be fully covered by Oscar. Finally, just like Simple plan, the Saver plan also has four levels; Bronze, Silver, and Gold metal tiers.
But there is a change here. The Saver Gold has a lower deductible and out-of-pocket maximum. However, you will have to pay a larger monthly premium for its coverage. With this in mind, the Saver Silver and Gold plans are eligible for 30% and 20% co-insurance when you reach the deductible.
To cap it all, the Saver plan is best for comprehensive medical insurance coverage. However, affording the Classic category plans might be an issue.
Oscar Classic Health Policies
The Classic health policies have the lowest deductibles and smaller out-of-pocket maximums compared to previous categories. It’s so because access to co-pays and co-insurance is easy. That said, it has the highest premiums. Just like other categories, it has different levels such as Silver, Gold, and Platinum Classic policies. More on the features and benefits of Classic plans;
- First, for monthly drug prescriptions, I would suggest you buy a Classic plan.
- The classic plan is a little more expensive than what you will get out there.
Oscar Business Health Insurance
The small business plan is mainly for a business that has employees. It’s so personalized that you can buy depending on the number of employees you have.
Oscar Concierge Team
Oscar assigns each of its members to a “Care Team” which is made up of a team of three Care Guides and a registered nurse that handles both traditional customer service questions as well as coordination of clinical care. In an interview with the Phoenix Business Journal in 2017, Oscar’s former VP of Customer Care Paul Gazeley said that Oscar’s concierge model “helps to build a relationship and build trust with our members with their health care needs,” and that the model helps Oscar familiarize itself “with the member’s needs by looking at the entire member’s health history.
Oscar Doctor On-Call
This a free service offered u, Oscar. It works in ways that make it easy to find out what medical condition the patient is and how best to diagnose and prescribe drugs. In detail, the doctor’s on-call service is available for members and people who buy the Oscar policy plan.
In other words, it’s called telemedicine. It’s simple. All you need to do is to place a call and have a face-to-face conversation with an in-network doctor.
So, you can place a call through the Oscar app at any time during the day and include a picture of your symptoms to explain your health history and current discomfort. At the end of the conversation, the doctor would give you a diagnosis and send a prescription to a pharmacy for you to pick up.
Oscar Health Insurance Info
Oscar is a startup health insurance company that uses technology in ways that differentiate it from traditional insurance providers.
In addition to receiving free doctor visits, customers can speak to doctors for free over the phone at any time. Oscar’s plans also provide free preventive care and generic drug prescriptions.
Oscar offers direct appointment scheduling with a selection of its provider’s partners and (as of 2017) provides an application and tools to serve Oscar members, including a Clinical Dashboard that pulls Oscar members’ medical histories into a single platform.
According to WIRED, they built predictive models using purchased Medicare data and Oscar’s own claims data to better optimize their patient and doctor provider networks based on location and provider specialties.
Finally, if by any means you want outstanding health insurance customer perks and services, I would suggest you chose Oscar. It’s not sentimental, it’s based on reasons. According to customer reviews, over the years the company has had positive reviews and less or almost zero complaints.
Professionally, in the industry, it has received an “A- rating” from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). More so, so far: the complaint ration according to NAIC is 0.12. This simply means it has almost zero complaints.
Over to You
To cap it all, if you read to this point, I trust the post was helpful. But, if proved otherwise. As a result, if there is a fact or info you would want me to correct or add to the post. Maybe a question. Best of all, a thank you comment. It’s no big deal, use the comment box below. I delight to hearing from you.
One more thing, if you know a friend this post will be of help. Be it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, etc. Don’t forget to use the share button below. Remember, when you help a friend, a whole community benefits. Thanks.