Texas residents can log in to their surcharge accounts as well as pay bills online on the TXSurchargeOnline platform at www.txsurchargeonline.com. The website is accessible to Texas residents who enroll in the Texas Department of public safety driver responsibility surcharge program. Payments and driver history updates on the site take about 48 hours and 5 days.
More importantly, the site service is completely free with no monthly or annual fees charged.
www.txsurchargeonline.com – Payment Information
To make a payment on the TXSurcharge platform, you will need to make a few payment details available. Details such as current Texas driver’s license or ID card number, reference number from the Surcharge notice letter. Is there more? Yes! A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express) and a valid checking, savings, or money market account.
With the mentioned info, you can now head straight to the website at www.txsurchargeonline.com and follow the payment login instructions below.
- Visit txsurchargeonline.com.
- On the web page, tap on Online Services.
- Key in your Texas driver’s license or ID card number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Your name and country Zip code.
- Tap on the login button.
Alternatively, you can pay at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger store location nearby and nationwide.
TXSurchargeonline.com Customer Service
Customers who have challenges accessing their accounts, or experienced challenges during payments, as well as customers who have a need for any inquiries and assistance, can seek assistance. If you are such a person, you should direct all their questions or call Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882.
Customers can also make use of the automated system line or call center available 24/7 a week. This will be for inquiries such as getting customers’ account information, making payments through credit card or debit card, checking of payment history, savings, or money market account.
Customers Support Service Period
The customer’s support desk is available between Monday – Thursday and between the hours of 8 am to 9 pm. Also, other days like Friday 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday 8 am to 12 pm to respond to your complaints and inquiries.
Customers contact Page Support
You can also reach the admin through the contact us page at the www.txsurchargeonline.com website. After that, write directly and wait to receive a response. To use the contact us page, you will need to visit the site go to the contact form page, and fill in the following information and the message of inquiries you would want to make.
In no time, you will receive feedback through the email you filled in during the contact process. You will be required to fill in information such as;
- First name
- Last name
- Drivers license or ID card number
- Surcharge reference number
- Email address
- Daytime phone number
The Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program is designed to help Texas residents check their current surcharge accounts and make payments online. This online portal is easy to use even though any payments processed on the site require a 24-48 hours time frame. On this site, users can process their drivers’ history which takes up to 5 days to update.
The Texas Department of Public Safety stands as a department of the government of the state of Texas. The department is in charge of statewide law enforcement and vehicle regulation. The firm is headquartered in Austin, Texas United States. Additionally, its operations cover only Texas, USA. The department acts more like civilian police and has as its core service, courtesy, service, and protection.
WWW.txsurchargeonline.com Payment Details
The TexasSurge website is run as a fee-free service to customers.
Before you get started on the website, here are a few things you need to have handy:
- Current Texas driver’s license or ID card number.
- A reference number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
- A valid checking, savings, or money market account.
After having the above-mentioned details handy, here’s what to do:
- Take the first step by clicking on “Online Services”
- Enter the Texas driver’s license or ID card number. (or Department of Public Safety assigned number)
- Type in your date of birth (MM/DD/YYY).
- Key in your last name only (the same way it is listed on your current driver’s license, I.D. card, or Surcharge notice letter)
- Enter a five-digit zip code
- Complete the process by clicking on the white login tab.
Users can make cash payments at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger location nationwide. Alternatively, they can pay by visiting the payment page and entering the same details as listed above.
TXSurchargeonline.com. Customer Service Contact
If you have any questions you need clarification on about the website, use the details below to contact customer service:
- Contact customer service by calling Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882.
- Program Specialists Monday – Thursday 8 am – 9 pm and Friday 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
While calling, there is an automated system available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in order to obtain account details. Also for making payments using a credit card, debit card, checking savings or money market account.
Users can also use the contact form in sending a report via email.
Just tap on the contact link at the top of the homepage and enter the following details:
- Enter the first name
- Type in the last name
- Enter your driver’s license or ID card number
- Enter also the Surcharge reference number
- Type in your Email address
- Key in also the daytime phone number
- Key in your message
- Complete the process, by clicking at the Submit button.
TXSurchargeonline Dates Closed
The call center is closed during the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – First Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day – Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day – December 25