The most users of Gmail otherwise called Google Account is that there is a newly introduced Gmail Logout button that can easily sign you out from your Gmail account on desktop, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android, and other mobile devices your Google account is signed in. By now, as Gmail account holder, you should have known that your Gmail account is your core access to all Google products or Apps such as;
- Gmail App.
- Google Play store.
- Google News.
- The New Google Meet for video conferencing.
- File storage App; Google drive.
- Google photos and all other tens of Google products.
Google made it in a way that without a Gmail account your access to all their product is limited; all of their products a sign in, though some make signing an option full access to their products requires that you sign in with your Google account; email address.
Gmail Logout Button – Why it’s Important
The Logout button is a button created by google to control security breach, in that, the safest way of keeping your google account free from hackers and other online fraudulent users is to log out of your account when you are done checking your email or using the google products that required you sign in or up with your Google account. 1
How To Gmail Logout – What is Gmail Logout Button?
Though there is no specific button created and tagged google or Gmail sign out button though there is such a button when you log in to your Gmail account. However, the logout button is embedded under the user’s profile icon. This simply means that you can sign out of your Gmail account when you click on the profile icon on your desktop computer. The question now is how? And how will still sign out from iPhone, iPad, and Android device? The instructions below will guide you.
Google Account Sign Out – Desktop Account Sign Out
You can easily sign out from your Google account on your desktop computer using the below method. Signing out from your account is just with a click of a button, provided you know where the sign out button is located when you sign in to your account.
- Let’s say you are signed in already to your account and you want to sign out.
- Navigate to the top right side of your Gmail account.
- Locate the profile icon.
- Tap on the profile icon, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap on the “Sign Out”.
- Your account will be signed out immediately.
Google Account Sign-on iPhone – Gmail Sign Out
What you need to know is that there is no much of a difference signing out from your Gmail account on desktop and on the iPhone. Both ways are the same, the little difference is the location of the profile icon. The reason being that on desktop; you sign out from a browser, while on iPhone you sign out from the Gmail App.
- On your iPhone, launch the Gmail App.
- Tap the menu icon.
- You will see a triangle-like button, click on it.
- Next, tap on the manage accounts.
- Hit the edit button, and then remove it if you want to remove any account logged in to your phone.
- When prompted to remove, tap the remove, and immediately the account is removed from your iPhone.
Gmail Account Sign Out on Android – Remove Google Account
Android devices were designed to function correctly with the Google account. This simply means they’re a lot of android features you can’t access when you don’t have a Google account signed in. Features like Google App, Google Play, and lots of other Google products.
Your Google account helps to synchronize all your Activities on your android phone starting with your calendar, Apps download, your contacts, your social media channels, your photos, and down to backup 1of your files. So, I would advise you to not remove your account, but should in case you have reasons why you should remove your account then follow the process below to do so.
- Open your android phone settings.
- Go to manage the account session.
- Click on add or remove the account.
- Navigate to the account you want to be removed.
- Click on remove account.
- The account will be removed.
Gmail Account Sign Out on Browser – Gmail Sign Out
You can sign out from your Google account on any browser; Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, UC web, Epic Browser, and lots more other browsers. The process below will help you. This is fi your account has been saved in the browser such that what it requires from you to sign in is your password or even in most cases, the browser signs you in automatically.
- Open the browser.
- Go to the account sign session.
- Locate your Gmail account. 2
- Sign out from your Gmail.
- On the account page, you will see the list of Google and other accounts that have been signed in.
- Tap on the account you want to be removed.
- Click on the remove account button.