Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services across the US.
However, the streaming experiences of the people took a turn with the launch of Disney Plus
Hulu and Disney plus are both owned by Disney and are not competitors, they both give a completely different viewing experience.
However, you have to read till the end to find out which one is better.
Disney+ is focused on bringing the biggest brands in the entertainment industry into your living room, while, Hulu’s major hook is its variety and an extensive collection of current television programs.
Disney plus and Hulu package
Both services come at different pricing packages and at different price ranges.
The current subscription to Disney Plus costs $7.99 for a month and $79.99 for a year, however, when you pay upfront and have no add-ons it will cost you extra.
Hulu on the other hand comes in two different options that are basic and premium with extra cost for add-ons.
The basic package of Hulu is priced at $6 per month, it contains ads in between the shows.
The premium package of Hulu costs $12 per month and removes the majority of the ads, and ads at the beginning of the show.
Hence, the premium version of Hulu costs extra for add-ons with different add-ons costing different.
Disney Plus vs Hulu: What kind of content do you get to watch?
Disney Plus gives access to most of the Disney-owned shows and movies when you subscribe.
The platform has a range of shows from new to old and even shows and movies stretching back to 80 years.
Disney Plus also has original TV shows and movies including Star War Movies and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
Hulu on the other hand has much more new stuff too.
One of Hulu’s good points is its broadcast television library, which is filled with shows currently airing.
Hulu contains programs from almost all major networks and several cable channels.
Finally, Hulu also offers an add-on service, Hulu + Live TV, that will let you stream several live network and cable channels as they air over the Hulu app.
Disney Plus vs Hulu: App Availability
Both Hulu and Disney Plus are fit to run with;
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Xbox One
- And PS4.
However, the Hulu app is also available on;
- Xbox 360
- Nintendo Switch
- And PS3.
On the other hand, Disney Plus seems to have no plans to launch its version on devices as;
- Xbox 360
- Nintendo Switch
- And PS3.
How to link Disney plus and Hulu
Purchasing Disney and Hulu, as well as ESPN+ packages separately, can cost so much that is why Disney offers a bundle package that allows users to merge these three account into one.
All you just have to do is to follow these steps below and also make sure your three accounts have the same email address.
Hence, follow these steps below to merge your Disney plus, Hulu, and ESPN+;
- Go to this Disney Plus site and click on “Get All Three for $12.99/month.”
- After that, you will be redirected to a page where you will have to enter your account email, password, and billing info will appear.
- Once you’ve filled in your details, you will be signed up for all three services.
- Now you can now sign in to any of these accounts with the same email and password.
However, this deal is also available to new and existing Hulu users;
Follow these steps below to sign up;
For new subscribers
- Visit the Hulu signup page via https://help.hulu.com/s/article/hulu-sign-up
- Select the ‘Get Bundle’ button in the middle of the Hulu homepage.
- Sign up for the bundle by entering an email, creating a password, and providing a name, date of birth, and gender.
- Then select the Continue button.
- Submit payment details and continue.
- Select Activate Disney+ and ESPN+ to complete the process.
- This enables the user to log in to all three services using the same username and password.
- Start streaming Disney+ on the Hulu bundle!
- Using a browser, open https://www.hulu.com/
- Log in to your account
- Select Manage Plan within the Your Subscription section.
- Under the Packages section, select the Disney Bundle.
- Select Review Changes and then Activate Disney+ and ESPN+,
- This enables users to access all three services in the bundle through their existing Hulu login details.
Disney plus and Hulu deal
Do you want to add links to your Disney plus and Hulu without ESPN+?
If yes, then this deal is for you.
Hulu subscribers can opt to get a Disney Plus add-on at a discounted rate.
Disney Plus can now be accessed as an add-on for $3, for those who only have a Hulu plan without live TV.
However, customers who subscribe and pay for Hulu through a third party such as Amazon or Roku are not eligible for this deal.
You must be directly billed through Hulu, and this deal only applies to those who don’t have access to Disney Plus.
Follow these steps below to add Disney plus as an add-on;
- Head to your Account page to sign up
- Fill in your account details
- Locate ‘Manage add-on’
- Add Disney plus to your lineup
- After that, you’ll get an email to activate your Disney+ account.
- Then download the Disney+ app or visit DisneyPlus.com to start streaming, using your Hulu username and password.
Disney plus Hulu and Netflix bundle
Disney plus (Disney+)
- Basic: $6.99/month, $69.99/year
- Bundled with ESPN+ and ad-supported Hulu: $12.99/month
- Bundled with ESPN+ and no-ads Hulu: $18.99/month
- Basic: $5.99/month (ad-supported)
- No ads: $11.99/month
- Basic plus Live TV: $54.99/month
- No ads plus Live TV: $60.99/month
- Optional add-ons: HBO ($14.99/month), Cinemax ($9.99/month), Showtime ($10.99/month), Starz ($8.99/month)
- Add-supported Hulu bundled with ESPN+ and Disney+: $12.99/month
- Ad-free Hulu bundled with ESPN+ and Disney+ $18.99/month
- Basic: $8.99/month includes standard-definition streaming, one screen at a time
- Standard: $12.99/month includes high-definition streaming, two screens at a time
- Premium: $15.99/month includes up to 4K Ultra HD streaming, four screens at a time
Disney plus Hulu live no ads
Below are steps to help you get Disney plus and Hulu live with no ads;
- Visit https://www.hulu.com/disney-bundle-hulu-no-ads
- Click “Sign up now” to create your Hulu account and sign up for The Disney Bundle with Hulu (No Ads).
- You’ll be billed $19.99/month by Hulu for access to all three services.
- Hulu will email you a link to activate Disney+.
- Click the link and enter your Hulu account email address to create your Disney+ account.
- Use your Disney+ account to log in to ESPN+.
Next, STEP 3
- Download apps and start streaming
- Log in to each app separately and stream across your favorite smart TVs, phones, tablets, laptops, and gaming consoles.
Disney plus and Hulu student discount
Hulu offers a special deal to students, where student can stream their favorite shows and movies with an ad-supported plan anytime for just $1.99 per month.
This deal Saves 70% off the regular monthly price of the Hulu (ad-supported) plan.
Also, this deal can be canceled anytime.
Below are steps to sign up for this deal;
Create Your Account
Click “SIGN UP NOW” and create your Hulu account via https://www.hulu.com/student
After that, use your email and password to log in
Verify Your Student Status
Hulu has partnered with Sheer ID to verify student status.
Hence, you will be redirected there to provide your details.
Download App & Start Streaming
Download the app to stream across your favorite smart TVs, computers, phones, tablets, and gaming consoles.
Is there a Disney Plus student discount?
No, Disney plus does not offer a student discount.
However, they do have other deals such as 15% off when you subscribe to an annual plan or you can take advantage of cashback offers from Rakuten and Honey with up to $12 back.
Disney Plus vs Hulu: Which streaming service is better?
In the case of Disney Plus vs. Hulu which is better is a choice for its subscribers.
However, if you want
family-friendly content, then Disney Plus is the choice for you
On the other hand, if you want tough content then Hulu is the better choice.
However, before subscribing to any of these services, it is important to keep in mind the kind of content you like to watch and which one fits all your expectations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Is it worth getting Hulu with Disney Plus?
The choice of getting the subscription completely belongs to the user.
However, the bundle comes at $13.99 for a month.
How is Disney Plus different from Hulu?
Both services are owned by Disney but differ in their features, content, and costs.
Which is better- Disney Plus or Hulu?
Both the services have different things to offer to their viewers, so it is difficult to say which one is better.
However, the choice of which is better depends on the subscribers.
How do I access The Disney Bundle streaming content?
To access the Disney bundle streaming content, you need to activate your subscription.
Once your account is set up you can access streaming content by:
- Supported devices
Downloading the apps for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.*
- Desktop computers
- Log into your Disney+ account on a web browser.
- Choose “Account”
- Then choose “My Services”.
- Access Hulu or ESPN+ by choosing Stream Now.
- Logging into your accounts on a web browser:
- Disney+ via