One of these major issues is the lagging, buffering, and freezing of the dismay plus app.Disney plus
Imagine viewing interesting content that is freezing, we all agree that is annoying.
Well, you don’t have to worry much about these issues, because on this page we will be giving you some solutions to fix Disney plus lagging, buffering, and freezing.
And we will also give you solutions to fix some other Disney plus issues.
Ways to Fix Disney Plus
After some research on the issues of this streaming service, we came up with some solutions to help you fix it.
Some of these solutions will help you fix the problem on your app.
These are some solutions below;
Check Internet Connection and Its Speed
Internet connection issues can result in a problem while streaming content.
Sometimes video quality is reduced to avoid buffering.
However, if the lagging and buffering still persist, then that means your internet connection is unstable or not connected.
Hence, to fix these issues you need;
- A 5.0 Mbps internet speed to experience a high-definition streaming
- Or a 25.0 Mbps speed for 4k UHD video streaming.
However, An RJ45 cat8 ethernet can also help in increasing the data transmission speed from a router to the streaming device.
Updating the App
Every few days new versions are released to ease the best operation of this service and to increase its viewing experience.
So in that case, if your Disney plus app is outdated, it can result in a poor streaming experience.
To install the most recent version follow these steps;
If you are using a shopping mode Apple device,
- Go to the App Store
- Install the updates by searching for Disney Plus from the search bar
- Then clicking on update.
If you are an android user,
- Go to Google Play Store
- Search for Disney Plus
- Tap on the update button and you are good to go with the recent version.
In Mac computers, find and open the App Store
- Click the Update button
- Find Disney Plus and then select the relevant option to start updating the app.
Reinstall Disney Plus
Uninstalling the Disney plus app and reinstalling it again is another way to fix the issue.
When you reinstall the app it reduces the storage occupied by the app by removing cached data from the app.
Clear Cookies and Cached Data
Another way to fix this issue is to make sure the stored cache and cookies are cleared
Hence, follow these steps to clear it;
- Go to settings on your browser and find more tools,
- Then scroll down to clear browsing data
- Check the cooking and site data box to remove all the data stored for the Disney Plus
However, if you are using the app just simply follow these steps;
- Go to device settings
- Find Apps option
- Then select Disney Plus
- Select storage
- Then click the clear data and clear cache button to clear all saved data of the app.
Check Internet Connection and Its Speed
If reading this, and you have a hard time watching your favorite shows on Disney Plus due to a black screen issue.
We have some solutions to help you fix this issue.
In most cases, a problem with the servers is the common cause of this issue.
However, this problem can also be related to your device, third-party applications, or Disney Plus’ application files.
Hence, some of these solutions will help you fix the problem on your app.
These are some solutions below;
Check Disney+ Servers
Identify if the problem is on your end or Disney plus before hanging anything on your device.
You can also use third-party sites like Down detector via this link https://downdetector.com/status/disney-plus/
With this site, you can check the servers’ current status and the past issues it encountered.
If the servers are down, the best thing to do is to wait.
However, you can still try the remaining methods below to ease the situation.
Test By Watching Another Show
At times Disney plus encounters some temporary bugs and may not be available for viewing.
With this, you can check if the problem is from the platform or from the show you were trying to watch.
Re-Login to Your Disney plus Account
In most cases, Disney Plus is stable, but sometimes bugs can occur and cause your user data to be corrupt.
If this happens, your current session would be filled with unexpected errors unless you refresh your data by signing out of your account.
However, for Android and iOS, you can log out of Disney Plus by doing the following:
- Open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Click on your Profile from the bottom navigation bar.
- Then, click on Log Out.
On the other hand, for browsers, follow these steps to sign out:
- Using your browser, access the Disney Plus website via https://www.disneyplus.com/
- After that, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to access the drop-down menu.
- Then click on Log Out.
Hence, if you are using other devices, follow these steps below to sign out:
- Using a browser, open Disney Plus.
- Move the mouse cursor to your Avatar and click on account.
- Then, click on Log out of All Devices under the Account tab.
Once you are done, allow a few minutes to pass before logging back into your account.
Then, Play another movie or TV show to check if the black screen issue on Disney Plus is fixed.
Check and Reset Your Internet
Disney Plus needs an internet speed of at least 5 Mbps for HD videos and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD.
However, if your present subscription doesn’t meet these needs, you will have to reach out to your service provider to upgrade your plan.
On the other hand, run a speed test using http://fast.com/ to check if your network is running correctly.
Restart your network router if the result shows that your internet is running slow.
Unplug your router’s power cable and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Once done you are done, you will have to repeat the speed test on your network to check if the restart worked.
However, if your network continues to run slow, you will have to report the problem to your ISP.
Turn Off VPN
Before accessing Disney plus turn off your VPN service on your device if you are using it.
In some cases, VPNs don’t work that well with some applications and this interrupts your network flow thereby causing connection issues.
VPNs also change your IP address at random to keep your identity private, hence, this can make it difficult for your device to reach out to your Disney Plus servers.
On the other hand, try using other VPNs like PURE VPN if you don’t want to go online without protection.
Hence, you can access PURE VPN via this link https://www.saintlad.com/recommends/purevpn/
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Caches and cookies can accumulate over time and get corrupted due to unexpected problems.
To fix this, clear your browser’s data to get rid of corrupted files.
Hence, follow the steps below to guide you in the process:
- Open your preferred browser and press the CTRL + H key on your keyboard.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data
- Change the Time Range to All-Time and include caches and cookies in the process.
- Then, click on Clear Data to start.
After deleting your browsing data, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
Disable Browser Extensions
Extensions are third-party applications installed on your browser that provide additional features on the websites you visit.
In some cases, some of these sites are not compatible with browser extensions and may not work as they usually would.
However, before using Disney Plus, turn off the installed extensions
Hence, follow these steps below to disable your browser extensions:
- Open your browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings
- Click on the Extensions tab from the side menu.
- Then, turn off all your browser extensions.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the black screen issue is now solved.
Malwarebytes searches your storage for any infected file and removes it from your device with a press of a single button.
Hence, you can access Malwarebytes via https://www.saintlad.com/recommends/malwarebytes/
Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android)
If you encounter a black screen issue, it may also mean that some of your app data may have gotten corrupted after a failed update or when the servers went down.
Hence, to clear Disney Plus app data, follow the guide below:
- Open Settings and tap on the Apps tab.
- Find Disney Plus and open it.
- Tap on Storage and select Clear Data.
- Clear Data Disney Plus
After that, wait for the process to complete and go back to Disney Plus afterward.
Play another movie or TV show to check if the problem is solved.
Update Disney Plus
If you experience a black screen issue on Disney Plus, try to update the app to fix the problem.
For, Android users you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device
- Tap on the Menu button inside the search bar.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games to prompt the Play Store to check for updates.
- Then, find Disney Plus on the list and tap the Update button.
On the other hand, for iOS users, check out the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- Launch the App Store from the home screen.
- Tap your Profile icon on the top right corner of your display.
- Then, locate Disney Plus and tap the Update button.
However, if you are using a PS4, follow the guide below to update Disney Plus on your console:
- Go to your PS4’s main screen and select Disney Plus.
- After that, press the Options button on your controller to access the side menu.
- Select Check for Updates and press the O or X button to continue.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to update Disney Plus.
Hence, if you are using other devices, visit Disney Plus’ Help Center via https://help.disneyplus.com/csp to look for your system’s dedicated guide.
Go back to your account to check if the problem is solved.
Reinstall Disney Plus
If the update did not work, you might be dealing with a much more severe problem.
In this case, we recommend removing the app on your device and reinstalling a new one.
For, Android users, you can delete Disney Plus by doing the following:
- Find Disney Plus from your home screen.
- Tap and hold its app icon to open the selection menu.
- Then, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
On the other hand, for iOS users, follow the steps below to uninstall Disney Plus:
- Locate the Disney Plus app.
- Press and hold its app icon to open the selection menu.
- Then, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
Hence, if you are using other devices, refer to the guides below to help you out:
After deleting the app, reinstall Disney Plus and log back into your account.
Play another title on the platform to check if the black screen issue on Disney Plus is solved.
Report the Problem to Disney Plus
If you still can’t watch your shows on Disney Plus, we suggest that you ask their team for help.
Be sure to provide every detail, including your account information, the device you use, and the show you are trying to watch to help their team resolve the matter faster.
On the other hand, you can also browse the guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any solutions via https://help.disneyplus.com/csp
How to Fix Disney plus Black Screen Issues on Samsung, Sony, and LG Smart TVs
Below are some steps to help you fix black screen issues on your Samsung, Sony, and LG Smart TVs;
- Restart the smart TV
- Check for Disney Plus Servers
- Verify any internet issues
- Uninstall & Re-install the app
Below are steps to help you uninstall and reinstall the app on your Samsung, Sony, and LG smart TVs:
Note that the procedure might slightly differ based on which model you are using.
Samsung Smart TV
On the Smart Hub panel, go to Apps.
- Proceed to the “My Apps” section and hit the Options icon on the top-right corner.
- Select “Delete My Apps” from the options and it will ask you which apps you want to delete.
- A list of installed apps will appear where you can proceed to individual options and select “Remove” or “Uninstall”.
- The system will prompt you to confirm so select “Delete” and that’s all.
Once you are done uninstalling the app from Samsung Smart TV, you will have to install it again. The procedure is as such;
- Go to Apps after pressing the home button on the remote.
- Next up, search for “Disney Plus” if not available on the home screen.
- Download and install it.
- Set it up as a new app and that’s all.
LG Smart TV
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- There’s a pencil-shaped icon on the extreme right that will guide you to “Edit Mode”.
- Use your remote to hover over the app
- Then, press “X” on the remote.
- A warning will appear to confirm the process, select “Yes” and that’s done.
Now that you have uninstalled the app from your LG Smart TV, it’s time to re-install it.
- Open LG Content Store and use its search field to search for Disney Plus.
- Open the page for Disney Plus and hit “Install” on the left side of the screen.
- Press “Launch” once the installation is complete and that’s all.
Sony Smart TV
- For the older models, Hit the “Home button” on the remote
- While for 2019 and newer models, Hit the Quick Settings button
- Proceed to “Settings” on the screen.
- Select “Apps” from the options.
- Tap on “See all apps” and then, select the app that you want to remove and hit “Uninstall” and that’s all.
Now that you have uninstalled the app from your Sony Smart TV, it’s time to re-install it.
However, the process might slightly differ Based on which version you use (Google TV or Android TV).
On Google TV:
- Go to Apps
- Search for the app you want to install
- Then, hit “Install”.
On Android TV:
- Hit the Home button on your remote
- Proceed to Google Play Store Apps
- Search for Disney Plus
- Then, hit “Install”.
How to update Smart TV’s firmware
Since your Smart TV runs on firmware, it too requires an update, and here’s how you can update your Samsung, Sony, and LG Smart TVs.
For Samsung Smart TV
- Press Home on your remote
- Proceed to Settings.
- Select Support from the options and navigate towards “Software Updates”.
- You should see a listing “Update Now” that you need to tap so that your system can actually search for available updates.
- Once an update is detected, it will automatically update it.
- If not, then you might be on the latest patch of the firmware on your Smart TV.
For Sony Smart TV
For Google and Android TV:
- Go to Home
- Proceed to System Software Update.
- You might receive a notification if the update is available or you can download it
- Install it and restart the TV so that the update is successfully installed on your system.
- Go to Help
- Proceed to Customer Support
- Then, proceed to Software Updates
- After that, Proceed to the Network
- Then install the update if available.
For LG Smart TV
- Go to the Home or Smart button on your remote to go to the launcher bar.
- Proceed to Settings >> All Settings >> General >> About this TV.
- Turn on “Allow automatic updates” and then, you need to tap on “Check for Updates”.
- You need to download the available update, install it and that’s all.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How to fix the Disney Plus buffering issue?
You can try restarting the app or reinstalling the application or even checking your internet connection.
Why is Disney Plus lagging?
There can be several reasons for the lagging of Disney Plus, but the most common is the large cache and cookie files on the storage. Try clearing them before using the app again.
Why does Disney Plus buffer a lot?
Chances are that there’s an issue with your internet connectivity and speed.