Hulu is one of the best streaming apps that offers its users the latest Season of TV shows. As well as live TV and classic shows. In addition, it also offers cable TV shows, animation, and many more.
But like every other streaming app, Hulu’s users are faced with errors when watching a video. One of the common errors is the Hulu error code P-DEV302.
People using various devices have experienced this error. This device includes Vizio Smart TV, computer, phones, and many more. The error is common among Vizio’s users.
There’s yet to be an official solution for the error. However, people have tried various means to solve the problem such as updating devices, checking the internet connection, and changing HDMI ports.
How to fix Hulu error P-DEV302?
if you are experiencing error P-Dev302, we’ve listed some steps to guide you in clearing out the error.
1. Consider basic troubleshooting
You can try out basic troubleshooting to solve the error. This basic troubleshooting varies depending on the issue at hand. To solve this issue, go to https://help.hulu.com/s/article/general-troubleshooting?language=en_US . Then pick the behavior that is related to you from the list provided and follow the steps given to solve the problem.
2. Download the most recent update
If you are experiencing this error on your Vizio Smart TV, check your app and be sure you are using the latest version. If not, upgrade it. To do this, delete and reinstall the app. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Press the V button on your remote
- Click on Hulu and tap the yellow button
- Click in Update if available
- If there’s no update, go ahead and Delete App
- Press OK to confirm your delete
- Then, Go to the App Store
- Locate Hulu and install the latest version
- After you have installed it, open the app and see if it will work
3. Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV
Another way to fix Hulu error code P-DEV302 is to reset your Vizio Smart TV. Well, this should come after you have tried the other methods above. Vizio Smart TV has soft and hard reset.
To reset using a soft reset, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your smart TV
- Allow it to stay that way for about 30 seconds
- Then, turn it back on
This step will resolve problems like clear memory leaks and help residual charges divide. Also, you will still have your permanent settings on the TV after the reset.
But, if the issue still remains, you can go ahead and try the hard reset. For the hard reset:
- Click on the menu button and go to the system
- Click on OK and select Reset & Admin click on OK
- Enter your lock code, if there’s any
- Click on Reset and The TV will turn off
Once this is done, your Vizio Smart TV will be forced to download the latest version, software configuration will reset back to its factory default settings. The Hulu error will be cleared out including other issues with the TV.
However, if this issue persists after trying all the steps. Contact the company for help https://help.hulu.com/s/article/how-to-contact-Hulu.
4. Turn off Anti-Tracking feature
If you are using a chrome browser, you can disable the Anti-tracking feature in the browser’s settings
- Go to chrome browser
- You will see three dots at the top by the right corner on the screen, click on it and go to settings
- Select privacy and Security from the left side of the screen
- After, click on cookies and other site data option
- Then, send a “Do Not Track” request with your Browsing Traffic
- Once you are done, relaunch your chrome. But, if the error is still there try using the incognito window. Have it in mind that the browser’s extensions are not permitted to operate in the incognito mode
5. Clear Cache for Hulu
You can consider clearing your Hulu cache to fix the Hulu error code p-dev302. To do this, use the step below:
- Click on the Settings menu and select the app option
- Click on Hulu
- Go to storage and select cache option
- Then, clear the app data or cache.
- See if the error is fixed
Frequently Asked Question
Why am I getting an error message on Hulu?
Some Hulu error codes indicate a problem with your device, others are caused by poor internet connections, and some are the result of hardware issues. You may even receive an error code if Hulu itself is experiencing service disruptions, but the message usually won’t lay it out in plain terms like that.
What does Hulu error code P dev302 mean?
Corrupted cache files contribute to app issues. You need to clear your Hulu app cache to free the storage space and delete temporary files that may cause the problem.
How do I fix error P DEV320?
How to Fix the Hulu Error Code P-DEV320?
1. Check to see if Hulu is experiencing an outage.
2. Try on another device.
3. Make sure your Hulu app is outdated.
4. Clear your cache and data.
5. Check other streaming services.
6.Try Hulu on a different internet connection, such as a mobile internet connection.
What happens if I clear data on Hulu?
Clearing Hulu’s cache and data from your device shouldn’t affect your ability to access the app. This also wouldn’t reset Account settings or features such as your My Stuff and Profiles. For steps on how to clear cache and data on your particular device, check out: https://hulu.tv/_ClearCache.
What does clearing the cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
Is it OK to clear cached data?
Clear out all cached app data
These caches of data are essentially just junk files, and they can be safely deleted to free up storage space. Select the app you want, then the Storage tab, and, finally the Clear Cache button to take out the trash.
How do I clear my Hulu cache?
Clearing Cache on Android Devices
The procedure is the same for most Android devices: Navigate to Settings and then open Apps. Scroll down and tap the Hulu app. Select “Storage” >>> “Clear Cache.”
How do I update Hulu app?
Android phone and tablet
To check for a Hulu update, open the Google Play Store > tap Menu (three lines) > My apps & games > find Hulu and tap Update.