Paypal is one of the largest online payment processors. Thus it has millions of customers globally who use its portal for transactions daily. You can send as well as receive money on PayPal via numerous platforms. Paypal has its main website which is www.paypal.com. On this website, you will find all your account settings and all the information you need. Paypal also has a mobile site, two smartphone apps as well as direct integration with many online stores.
To successfully send or receive money or access your Paypal account settings, you need to log in. And how can you log in if you don’t know how to? That’s why we are here to guide. We will be showing you how to log in using more than one medium, so you choose any medium that you more comfortable with to log in.
Login via the Paypal Website
To log in via the Paypal official website:
- Launch your web browser and visit paypal.com
- Tap on the “Log In” function
- At other times you may need to click on “Proceed to Account Overview” on an ad page to reach your account.
- After you have successfully logged in, you can do a whole lot like send or request money, check your account history and change account settings. From your account, you’ll also be able to access a message board where you can use to get help from other users.
Login via PayPal Mobile Site
Just like the full Paypal site, the mobile version of Paypal’s site also has almost the same features. However not all the content is formatted to fit mobile screens. Be it as it may, you can still reach the community message board from here.
To visit the mobile site where you want to log in:
- Visit paypal.com using a smartphone
- You’ll be automatically directed to the correct version of your phone.
Login via PayPal App
Paypal has a mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows phones. Even though this option comes with less full features, it still serves as a convenient method of logging in. However on the app you won’t be able to change most of your account settings, but you can send, receive, deposit as well as withdraw money. You can log in via the app using your cell phone number and a PIN instead of using your email and password.
To begin this process:
- Simply activate your phone on Paypal’s desktop website.
Paypal also has another app which is “Paypal Here”. This app helps merchants in accepting Paypal payments. The Paypal Here app is compatible with credit card reader which attaches to Android and iOS phones.
Login via Other Sites
There are other online stores that accept Paypal payments. Such sites includes eBay.
To log in using other sites:
- Start by including the Paypal login page as part of the checkout process.
- Once you are logged in, you can decide on a payment source and a shipping address.
- Thereafter, your browser returns to the store’s own checkout page.
- Later you can follow up on these payments logging into Paypal’s website directly. Regardless of how you send payments, your account displays your entire history.
You are strongly advised to ensure that your browser’s address bar shows Paypal’s URL, which starts with HTTP, when you are paying with Paypal on another site, before you log in. This is to ensure that you do not fall a victim to scam sites that deploy every means possible to have people give up their account information.
Logging into your Paypal account is something you can do on your own without any external help. All you need to do, is know the right place to visit and the right buttons to click.