There is no end to the fun you get in having a Steam account. No access until you are able to create a Steam account. Creating an account is easy to go by.
Create Steam Account
Follow the steps below to complete your Steam Account Signup.
- Visit Create Steam Account
- Click on Join Steam
- Enter your details as required in the online form
- Click sign up to complete the process.
Tired of playing games on Steam, or do you need to free up some space on your computer? It’s simple, you can just delete your Steam account. However before you take this extreme step, you have to think over your decision first. This is because your Steam library may contain hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of games. As such deleting your account means you will lose all your games.
Delete Some Games
Instead of just deleting your entire Steam account, if you want to free up some space in your computer think about this. Deleting your account is a permanent decision and one that denies you access to all Steam games you have purchased. As such, you’d be better off just deleting Steam games that you no longer play.
To do this:
- Open Steam on your computer
- Click on the “Library” button which is at the top menu.
- Right-click on the game you want to delete.
- Click on the “Uninstall…” option.
- Tap on “Delete” when asked if you’d like to delete game files.
- Repeat the process to uninstall any other games from Steam.
Fortunately, you can always download these games again in the future without having to pay for them again.
How to Delete Steam From Computer
If you think you may use Steam again in the future, then you don’t have to delete your Steam account completely. Instead, you can uninstall Steam on your computer and take a temporary break from Steam.
How do you delete Steam from your computer? – how you delete Steam from your computer will largely depend on whether you are using Mac or Windows.
To delete Steam from Windows:
- First exit Steam
- Then click on the “Windows” start button.
- Click on “Control Panel” and also on the “Add or Remove Programs” option.
- Tap on “Steam” under the installed programs list.
- Select “Change/Remove”.
- Choose “Automatic” when prompted on how you would like to perform the uninstallation.
- Lastly, click on “Next” and “Finish” to uninstall Steam.
Deleting Steam from Mac computer:
- Exit the Steam app
- Click on the “Finder” app in your Mac’s bottom menu bar.
- Choose the “Applications” folder which is on the right side of the screen.
- Then right-click on the “Steam.app” icon
- Click on the “Move to Trash” option.
- Click on the “Magnifying Glass” option which is at the top right corner of your Mac and type in “Library”, to go to the Library folder.
- Choose the Library item which pops up under folders.
- Double-click on the “Application Support” folder which is within Library.
- Then right-click on the “Steam” folder.
- Tap on the “Move to Trash” option.
- Right-click on your Mac’s “Trash” icon and select “Empty Trash” to complete the uninstall process.
How to Delete a Steam Account
If you still prefer to delete your Steam account for good, you have to understand that deleting your Steam account is ultimately permanent. You can cancel the account deletion within 30 days of your request if you don’t want to go ahead with it anymore.
To delete your Steam account:
- Visit steampowered.com
- Log into your account
- Click on the “Support” link which is at the top menu.
- Then tap on “Account Issues”, followed by “Manage Account Details”.
- Navigate down your account page, and click on “Delete my Steam Account”.
- Click on “Proceed to Account Deletion”.
Luckily, you may be able to get refunds for some of your purchases by using Steam’s Help Site to apply for refunds.