What is an Otter box case? An Otter box case is designed as a protective case for technological devices like cell phones and tablet computers. It is crafted by the OtterBox company and currently comes in five styles of cases. They are the:
- Impact series
- Commuter series
- Reflex series
- Defender series
- Armor series
Each of the series of OtterBox offers distinct protective features. It also has a specific process for the safe removal of the case.
Here we have provided steps you can use to ensure quick and damage-free removal of your OtterBox.
- Take the silicone case with one hand, and hold the bottom half firmly.
- Pinch the top of the case with your free hand. Ensure you get a good grip on it.
- Pull the top of the case back over the top of the device. Since the case is highly flexible, it will stretch well without damage.
- Then slide the rest of the case off the bottom of the device.
- Hold the face of the phone upwards in the palm of one hand.
- Look for the seam between the front and back pieces of the case.
- Pry the front half of the case from the back half with the aid of your fingernail. This method is very easy if you know where the “snap” points are on your particular case. However, even if you don’t, it is still not too difficult.
- Next, flip the device over in your hand.
- Remove the back half of the case.
- Place the phone sideways (landscape style) on a sturdy surface where it won’t likely fall.
- Hold the left and right ends of the case firmly with your thumbs and your first two fingers.
- Then hold the left side of the case in place as you pull the right side away. With this, you will unsnap the halves of the case.
- Have the right side of the case pulled off from the device.
- Then hold the right side of the device and pull the remaining part of the case to the left to easily remove it.
- Start with removing the protective backing to the case if there’s any. It is a hard plastic shell with four “clip-on” points which can be pried off using your thumb.
- Peel off the protective silicone skin. Start this at one of the top corners.
- If you’re using an iPad, slide the square removable piece from the back bottom side of the case. This will expose the iPad. Then pull up on the circle around the “Apple” logo on the back and slide the top of the case from the bottom. Press down the bottom of the case steady and push the exposed part of the iPad, to slide it out of the case. For other devices, look for the retention clips on the side of the case and unlatch them. Thereafter, hold the case steady in one hand and use a thumbnail in prying apart the seam between the front and back of the case. Then pull the front off, and flip the device and remove the back.
The Armor Series
- Hold the case firmly in one hand.
- Flip the switch at the top of the case to have the two halves unlatch.
- Then spread the two halves of the case apart. The case will open like a clam, with the bottom part containing a pivot between the two halves.
- Lastly, pull the device out of the case.
So for any of the series you are using, this is just how you can take off an Otter box case with ease.