Today you are going to learn that there are many ways how to transfer money from Venmo to the cash app. Simply read the article through till the end and you will get the answers you need. The best part is, we are here to guide you through the entire process.
Venmo and Cash App are two very different platforms. But even though these platforms are quite different, you can still transfer money from one to the other. Two methods of transferring money are open to users. First, you will have to create a direct deposit for your cash app account. Secondly, you have to link a mutual bank account on both platforms (i.e.) Venmo and Cash App.
These are the two simplest methods of how you can transfer money from Venmo to Cash App.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is a payment platform that can be used both by android and ios users. On this platform, users can easily pay, transfer or receive money. However, to be more specific, this can only be used by the citizens of the US for now. You can use this platform for your payment purposes, and it’s quite easy to handle.
How to Transfer Money from Venmo to Cash App
There are two ways of transferring money from Venmo to Cash App. Let’s see these two options:
Create a direct deposit for your cash app account
The first thing you are to do in order to transfer money from Venmo to cash app is to create a direct deposit for your cash app account. You can do this by finding out the account and the routing number of your cash app account. How do you do this?
How to find your Cash App Account and the Routing Numbers
- Click open Cash App on your device.
- Search for the tab that has the dollar sign on it. Tap on it to enter the My Cash border.
- You’ll come across a Cash tab with a dollar sign on it. Click on it.
- You’ll also see Get Account Number option, click on it.
- A notification will be sent to you. Click on the Enable Account tab
- Thereafter, you will get a “Copy Account Details” tab. Click on it.
- Then you will get “Copy Account Number” tap on it to get the required information.
- Add the account and routing number to your Venmo.
How to key them into your Venmo app
The following steps will help you easily learn how to enter the account and routing number into your Venmo app:
- Tap open your Venmo app. You’ll see three lines on the top of the screen, click on it.
- From here, you will get the settings option. Look for “Payment Methods” then click on “Add bank or card”. Then choose your bank.
- Once you are done selecting your bank, you will be prompted for the verification which you have to complete.
Note that if you want to set up your direct deposit, then you can easily use your cash card for that purpose.
After you have successfully linked your Venmo with the Cash App, you can easily transfer your money from Venmo to the cash app. You can now simply deposit your money from your cash app account.
How to link a mutual bank account on both platforms (Venmo & Cash App)
This is one of the most convenient steps you can go for and is quite simple. You simply have to link your Venmo and Cash App to one bank account. Here are the steps that can help you complete this:
How to transfer the balance of your Venmo to your bank account
- Start with adding a bank account that you want to link with the cash app.
- Go through with the verifications
- Transfer your balance to the bank account
- Click open the Venmo app. Search for the three lines icon at the top of the page and click on it.
- Tap on the “Transfer Money” or “Transfer to the bank” icon.
- Key in the balance amount that you want to transfer. Then choose whether you need instant or 1-3 Business days.
- Choose whether your card or bank account should do the transaction.
- After you have completed the entire process, tap on the “Transfer” tab.
With that, you have successfully completed the process. You will now have to switch to your cash app.
How to add the transferred amount to the cash app
Want to add the transferred money to your cash app? If yes, these steps will guide you:
- Go to your cash app. Click on the Balance tab and select Add Cash.
- Key in the amount you want to add to your balance. Then click on “Add”.
- You will be prompted for the verification which you have to complete by using your Touch ID or the PIN number.
Congratulations!! You have successfully transferred your money from Venmo to the Cash app. However, you have to ensure that you get your cash app and Venmo linked to a mutual bank account to enable it to work.