Today you are going to learn that there are many ways to transfer money from Venmo to the Cash app. Simply read the article through to the end, and you will get the answers you need. The best part is that we are here to guide you through the entire process.
Venmo and CashApp are two very different platforms. But even though these platforms are quite different, you can still transfer money from one to the other. Two methods of transferring money are open to users. First, you will have to create a direct deposit for your Cash App account. Secondly, you have to link a mutual bank account on both platforms (i.e., Venmo and Cash App).
These are the two simplest methods by which you can transfer money from Venmo to the Cash App.
What is Venmo?
Both Android and iOS users can use Venmo as a payment platform. On this platform, users can easily pay, transfer, or receive money. Currently, only citizens of the US can use this platform. You can use this platform for your payment needs, and it’s quite easy to handle.
How to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App
There are two ways to transfer money from Venmo to the Cash App. Let’s see these two options:
Create a direct deposit for your Cash App account.
The first thing you are to do in order to transfer money from Venmo to the Cash App is to create a direct deposit for your Cash App account. You can do this by finding out the account and the routing number of your Cash App account. How do you do this?
How to Find Your Cash App Account and the Routing Numbers
- Click on the Cash App on your device.
- Look for the tab with the dollar sign on it. To enter the My Cash border, tap it.
- You’ll come across a cash tab with a dollar sign on it. Click on it.
- You’ll also see the Get Account Number option; click on it.
- We will send you a notification. Click on the Enable Account tab.
- Thereafter, you will get a “Copy Account Details” tab. Click on it.
- Then you will get “Copy Account Number.” Tap on it to get the required information.
- In your Venmo, add the account and routing number to your Venmo.
How to key them into your Venmo app
The following steps will help you easily learn how to enter the account and routing number into your Venmo app:
- Tap open your Venmo app. You’ll see three lines at the top of the screen; click on them.
- From here, you will see the settings option. Look for “Payment Methods,” then click on “Add bank or card.” Next, choose your bank.
- Once you are done selecting your bank, you will be prompted for verification, which you have to complete.
Note that if you want to set up your direct deposit, then you can easily use your cash card for that purpose.
After you have successfully linked your Venmo with the Cash App, you can easily transfer your money from Venmo to the Cash App. You can now simply deposit your money from your Cash App account.
How to link a mutual bank account on both platforms (Venmo and Cash App)
This is one of the most convenient steps you can take and is quite simple. You simply have to link your Venmo and Cash apps to one bank account. Here are the steps that can help you complete this:
How to transfer the balance of your Venmo’s balance to your bank account
- Start by adding a bank account that you want to link with the Cash app.
- Go through with the verifications.
- Transfer your balance to the bank account.
- Click to open the Venmo app. Search for the three-line icon at the top of the page and click on it.
- Tap on the “Transfer Money” or “Transfer to the bank” icon.
- Enter the amount of your balance that you want to transfer. Then choose whether you need instant or 1-3 business days.
- Choose whether your card or bank account should do the transaction.
- After you have completed the entire process, tap on the “Transfer” tab.
With that, you have successfully completed the process. You will now have to switch to your cash app.
How do I add the transferred amount to the Cash app?
Want to add the transferred money to your cash app? If yes, these steps will guide you:
- Go to your cash app. Click on the Balance tab, and then select Add Cash.
- Key in the amount you want to add to your balance. Then click on “Add.”.
- You will be prompted for verification, which you have to complete by using your Touch ID or PIN number.
Congratulations!! You have successfully transferred your money from Venmo to the Cash app. However, you must ensure that you get your cash app and Venmo linked to a mutual bank account in order for them to work.