Are you experiencing issues turning on your Toshiba HDTV? If you are experiencing issues, then it is very likely that the problem will be easy to discover and resolve. Most HDTV power-on issues are quite easy to fix without special training. You can save both time and money if you follow a couple of troubleshooting procedures before you seek help outside.
So how do you troubleshoot a Toshiba HDTV that will not turn on?
How to Troubleshoot a Toshiba HDTV That Will Not Turn On
- The first step is for you to click on the “Power” tab on the TV’s control panel if the TV does not respond to the remote control.
- Then verify that the Toshiba HDTV’s power cord is securely plugged into the wall socket if your TV is not powering up.
- Thereafter, unplug the power cord from the electrical wall socket if your TV is still not powering up. Hold on for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. This will reset the Toshiba HDTV if it has stopped responding to both the remote as well as the control panel. Hold down the “power” tab on the TV control panel to turn the TV on.
- Then check to ensure that the electrical wall socket is getting power. Then confirm that the socket where the TV is plugged in is not controlled by a switch or timer. Ensure also that the surge protector on a power strip is not tripped. Then plug a working lamp or another electrical device into the socket. In case that device does not work, you can plug the TV’s power cord into a different socket and attempt to power up the TV.
- Thereafter, check the remote control’s battery. That is if the remote stops working and the Toshiba HDTV still responds to the power switch at the TV’s control panel. Then verify that the batteries are fresh and are properly oriented in the battery compartment. Thereafter wipe out the battery casing with a clean, soft, disposable cloth. Then clear objects out of the way of the path between the TV and the remote control. Lastly, wipe off the sensor tip of the remote control and point it directly at the Infrared sensor on the TV.
Using these steps will help you save time and money. It will also help you successfully troubleshoot your Toshiba HDTV and turn it into one