Gmail Dark mode is a newly added feature to Gmail. This helps to reduce stress to the eyes and helps control eye damaged. Even though Google added a dark mode theme in Android 9, it did not function in every app. Gmail was part of the apps that were not included in the update.
How to enable Dark Mode on Android
There are two ways to activate dark theme mode on your Android. They include:
- Turn on the dark theme for the whole phone. Thus, some apps will activate together with it. Gmail will also switch to dark mode.
- You can turn on the dark theme right on the Gmail app.
Now let’s see how we can follow the two ways to turn on dark mode.
Activating Dark Theme using Android settings
You can activate dark mode on your Gmail app using the changes you make on your android device.
But, some devices will not affect the Gmail app when you put on the phone’s dark mode. In this case, the second way to put on dark mode should be used. Continue with the steps below:
- Go to the settings of your Android device.
- Click on display.
- Find and click on the Dark Theme option to put on.
- Afterward, apps that support the dark themes will take the same changes.
Activate Dark Mode Theme in Gmail
When you try the first method and it did not affect on your Gmail, this below step can be used to turn it on.
- Open your Gmail app and find the menu at the upper left of your screen.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Locate and click on “General settings”. 1
- Proceed to “Theme”. Locate the Dark mode option and click on it.
- Afterward, the whole screen gets dark while the items are highlighted.
With these above steps in the two methods, you can activate the dark mode.