Since I use Facebook every day I decided it’s best I make Facebook my homepage. Like I did, you too can make Facebook your homepage in updated Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Edge browsers. Once you do this, you will be able to easily access Facebook.com and log into your account with just one click as I always do.
To help you make your homepage, I will be showing you how to make Facebook your homepage on all browsers.
How to Make My Homepage in Internet Explorer 8, 7, or 6, or IE9
If you are changing the homepage in Internet Explorer 9:
- Simply right-click on the “Home” tab.
- Select “Add or change homepage” from the drop-down menu.
If you want to change your homepage to Facebook in Internet Explorer 8 or 7:
- Tap on the “Home” drop-down
- Select “Add or change Home Page”
- Thereafter, choose to make Facebook your only homepage (use this webpage as your only home page) or add Facebook as other homepage. (Add this webpage to your home page tabs).
- Then tap on the “Yes” tab to accept the new settings.
Change your homepage in Internet Explorer 6
- Visit the Tools menu, and choose Internet Options
- Choose the General tab (this should be automatically selected)
- Click on the Use Current tab.
- Tap on OK to apply the change.
When next you open Internet Explorer, it will automatically load Facebook.
How to Make Facebook My Homepage in Firefox
You can make Facebook your homepage in Mozilla Firefox by following these steps:
- On Windows – visit the Tools menu, and choose “Options”
- On Mac – visit the Firefox menu, and choose “Preferences”.
- Click on the “General “ button.
- Then enter http://www.facebook.com inside the “Home Page” text field (otherwise it will add all tabs opened as homepage also).
- Where you already have homepages set (which you want to keep), tap inside the field and proceed to the end. Type a pipe character (“I”), and type Facebook’s URL.
- Tao on “OK” to apply the change.
You now have Facebook as your homepage (or one of your homepages /home tabs). Press Alt + Home (Windows) to go to your homepage, or Option +Home on Mac.
How to Make Facebook My Homepage in Google Chrome
You can easily add Facebook as your homepage in Google Chrome with just a few clicks:
- Tap on the “Wrench” menu and select “Options”
- Choose the “Basics” button
- Beneath the “Home Page”, choose the “Open this page”
- Enter http://www.facebook.com inside the text field.
- Click on “Close”.
Now whenever you click on the Home icon close to the address bar, Chrome will open Facebook. On Windows, press the Alt + Home keyboard shortcut to load your homepage
Make My Homepage in Safari
To make Apple’s Safari browser automatically open Facebook.com as the homepage when it starts:
- On Mac – Tap on the Safari menu, and choose “Preferences”
- On Windows – Tap on the “Edit” menu or the menu with gear icon, and select “Preferences”.
- Click on “General”
- In the “Home Page” field, type http://www.facebook.com
- Then choose the Preferences dialog.
Since you now have Facebook as your homepage in Safari, simply press Command + Shifting + H (Mac) or ctrl+shifting+H (Windows) to access your Facebook account.
Make My Homepage in Opera
You can customize Opera (desktop, not mobile) to show Facebook as the homepage:
- On Windows – Press ctrl+F12 to open the Preferences dialog.
- On Mac – Use Command +, (comma)
- Visit the “General” button
- Enter http://www.facebook.com in the “Home Page” text field.
- Tap on OK to apply the change.
You now have Facebook as your homepage in Opera.
Now with just a few clicks, you will be in on everything Facebook!!!