Facebook is the number one social networking site in the world with over 2 billion users. The platform was created by its founder Mark Zuckerberg primarily for connecting people. However, recently, the platform introduced the Facebook marketplace feature. This simply means that Facebook is not a place where friends meet and share memories together but users can now sell in the Facebook marketplace other known as Facebook Online store.
Facebook Marketplace Eligibility – Facebook Online Store Community Access
I know a lot of people are excited about the Facebook marketplace community feature, probably thinking about how they could start shopping immediately. Sorry to announce that the Facebook online store is available only in 70 countries and for old Facebook users. Meaning that users who just sign up on the Facebook platform are not allowed access into the marketplace for fraudulent reasons.
Sell In Facebook Marketplace Feature – How does Facebook Marketplace Works
Facebook marketplace is a digital online store just like Amazon. The difference is that buying and selling on the platform is wholly controlled by users of the platform not Facebook its self. Simply put, users display or list items they want to sell and people in their area can find the items and place an order to buy.
Facebook App Download – Facebook Online marketplace
Downloading the Facebook app is an easy way to buy and sell on the Facebook platform. Added to the fact that the app is free to download and available for both Android and iOS users.
- Make sure your internet connection is turned on.
- Launch your phone app store (Apple Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users).
- Use the search box and find the Facebook app, type “Facebook” and tap on the first result displayed.
- Click on download or install.
- Wait for the process to complete, launch the app, and sign in with your account.
Facebook App Login – How to sign in on Facebook App
- Key in your username.
- Input your password.
- Hit Sign in.
Facebook Marketplace Buying & Selling – Quick Process of Selling on the Facebook Marketplace Community
The good news is that you can sell any item on the Facebook marketplace provided it’s still in good condition. Amazingly you can sell items using your PC, and Android device, or iOS device.
Facebook Marketplace Sales on Computer (PC)
To sell using your computer, precisely, through your browser. Open your browser, visit the Facebook site, log in to your Facebook account, and follow the instructions below;
- On the Facebook homepage, locate the marketplace icon.
- Tap on the “Create new listing”.
- Click on “Item for Sale”.
- Hit on Add photos.
- Upload the image of the item you want to sell from your PC.
- Key in your Item title, price, location, and chose item category.
- Enter a description of the item and hit Next.
- Tap on the publish button.
Facebook Marketplace Selling using Mobile Devices – Marketplace selling on Facebook Mobile App
The instruction is easy and simple. Open your Facebook App on the mobile phone you intend to sell from, login t your Facebook account, and follow the guide below;
- Tap on the Facebook menu on the App.
- Locate the Marketplace Icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to publish your item.
Note: All purchases are done outside the App. This simply means after publishing your item, a buy contacts you and do the transaction according to your agreed terms of purchase and delivery.