Avoid unwanted emails on your iPhone
More features added to iOS 13 have affected so many apps and of course, your email is not excluded. For instance, Dark Mode, video editing, and lyrics in Apple Music are among the new features added. Most importantly, new features/options were added to handle email. That is to say; the “Mute” feature is one of the newly added functions against email thread. Thus, here is a guide to mute email threads in iOS13.
What makes you want to Mute Email Thread?
Does it seem annoying overwhelmed by notification with every bit of message that enters your inbox? There is now a solution to that with your iOS 13. Specifically, you turn off the notifications for unnecessary alerts from other emails you receive.
Hear this, this feature was available before now, but there is a difference. What do I mean? Before, you can turn off notifications entirely with the option to mute single-handedly an email alert. Now, you have more control over each email that enters your account. Therefore, you can turn off and on your notification anytime.
How to Mute an Email Thread in iOS13
There are two ways you can make use of this feature. Here, we are going to show you. The first method is as follows:
- Firstly, Straight away, open to the Mail app on your iPhone.
- Select the account you want to on this feature. That is if you have multiple accounts or inboxes.
- Move straight to the message you want to mute.
- Click on the “More” option. It is a three-dot line near the corner.
- Click on Mute.
- When you have muted an icon, it bears a bell-like icon with a line through it.
- You can as well undo this by repeating this same step. Now you will have to click on Un-mute.
How to Mute an Email Thread in an Open Email Message
You can mute a message even when you have it opened. Thus, follow these steps to do so.
- Simply open a message in the threat you want to mute.
- Click on the “Reply” icon.
- Now swipe up to see more options.
- Locate and click on Mute.
- Do well to also un-mute a thread when you feel like.
What happens to your Muted Emails
Even as you mute emails, you can choose what happens to the new messages you received. Here is how to set a preference for your muted emails.
- Move to “Settings”.
- Click on Mail.
- Click on Muted Thread Action.
- Choose the option you want.
The “Mark as Read” option will keep new emails from this address but won’t be shown as a new message. This is better when you want to read the messages later.
The “Archive or Delete” option is used when you don’t want to have any business with the sender. Therefore, the messages come in and moved directly to trash.