RECOVERY OF GMAIL PASSWORD:- Google accounts are secured with a password. Therefore. these passwords are created by a user to the very best of his/ her knowledge. Sometimes, when these passwords are considered lost, or security threats of possible tampering, we usually look for possible means to recover the lost password. To lose your password is not a good state to be in.
Recovery of Gmail password
Losing your email password could cause you a lot. Therefore, if you forgot your password or username, or you can’t get verification codes, kindly follow these steps. It will help you to recover your Google Account password. RECOVERY OF GMAIL PASSWORD guide helps you to access services like Gmail, Photos, and Google Play, and more.
Note: If you once opened an account through your work, school, or another group, then, these steps might not work. Check with the admin of the site.
Forgot your password
Follow the steps below to be able to recover your Gmail password
- Enter your email address
- Click on forgot password
- You’ll be asked some questions to confirm it’s your account. Answer as best you can.
- Reset your password when prompted.
- Choose a strong password that you haven’t already used with this account.
RECOVERY OF GMAIL PASSWORD via SMS
Gmail passwords can be recovered through different means. To recover the password through short messaging system SMS, the following will be done
- Firstly, open the Gmail link account on your browser
- Enter the email address and click the next Button then you have to click on the forgot password
- Then enter the password you remember or click on try another way
- You’ll be taken to get a verification code, this happens when you have added a phone number.
- Click on the send button.
- Open your mobile phone copy the Received code and enter it into the verification box
- Lastly, click on the verify button and enter the new password
Recover password without a phone number
In cases where there’s no phone number attached to the email account, this process will take you through how to recover a lost password
- Firstly, Open the Gmail app in your browser and enter your email ID and press next.
- Click on forget password link under the password field
- Enter the password you can remember or click on try another link
- Now you are taken to get the verification code link if you have added another recovery email ID to the account.
- Complete the email ID and click on the button to receive the email with a code.
- Open the alternate email and copy the received code.
- Enter the code into the verification box and click on the Next button.
- Lastly, Enter the new password and confirm it.
Tip: Please carefully know that whenever you change your password for your Gmail account you are automatically logged out from every device. This is the case except for the particular device used to verify the accounts at the time you signed in. In addition, any other machine that you must have given express access to your Gmail account.
RECOVERY OF GMAIL PASSWORD – How to recover high jacked email account
If you think or suspect someone is using your Google Account without your permission, then, follow the steps to recover the highjacked email. Kindly follow the steps below
- Sign in to Google account.
Tip: If you can’t sign in, then, click on the recovery page. Furthermore, answer every question correctly.
- Review activity and help secure your hacked account.
- Take more security steps.
Recover forgotten email address you use to sign in
In cases where the created email address is lost. First, swiftly follow these processes to recover a forgotten email address.
- Follow the steps to find your username. You’ll need to know:
- A phone number or the recovery email address for the account
- The full name on your account
- Follow the instructions to confirm it’s your account.
- You’ll see a list of usernames that match your account.
Tip: For your security, you can’t call Google for help signing in to your account. That is to say, Do not give out your passwords or verify codes.
RECOVERY OF GMAIL PASSWORD – Tips on account recovery
If you can’t sign in, then, follow these steps to increase your chances of getting back into your Google Account:
- Firstly, go to the account recovery page of the admin provider.
- As you complete the steps, use as many of the tips below as you can. (You might not see all the questions described here.)
Tip: If you already tried to recover your account and got a “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” message, you can try again.
Answer as many questions as possible
Try not to skip questions. In other words, If you’re unsure of an answer, take your best guess rather than moving on to another question.
Use a familiar device & location
- Firstly, Use a computer, phone, or tablet where you frequently sign in.
- Use the same browser (like Chrome or Safari or phoenix) that you usually do
- Lastly, Be in a location where you usually sign in, like at home or at work
Be exact with passwords & answers to security questions
Details matter, therefore, avoid typos and pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
If you’re asked for the last password you remember, enter the most recent one you recall.
- If don’t remember your last password: Use a previous one that you do remember. That is, the more recent it is, the better.
- If you can’t confidently recall any previous passwords: Take your best guess.
Answers to security questions
If you’re asked a security question and you:
- For example, Don’t remember the answer: Take your best guess.
- Know the answer but didn’t recover your account on your first try: Consider a different variation of the answer. For example, try “NY” instead of “New York” or “Phil” instead of “Philip.”
Enter an email connected to your account
If you’re asked to enter an email address you can check now, next, enter the one that you’ve added to your account. Here are some examples:
- A recovery email address helps you get back in and is where we send you security notifications.
- An alternate email address is one you can use to sign in.
- A contact email address is where you get information about most Google services you use.
Add helpful details When Going Through RECOVERY OF the GMAIL PASSWORD
If you’re asked why you can’t access your account, then, you should go ahead and include helpful details.
Some examples are:
- You’re traveling.
- Using a different device.
- Health challenges.
- You get a specific error message.
- Maybe, you think your account was compromised because of malware or another reason.
- You changed your password last week and can’t remember it.
If your description matches the information Google has, then, this similarity can help your case.
Change Your Gmail Password – How to Change Your Gmail Password
You also need to change your Gmail password often to keep it protected from hackers. Here, we have made steps that you can easily use to change your password using a computer to access your Gmail account.
When you make use of a mobile device, the difference in the process is not much. For instance, the iPhone and Android.
Google has made in such a way that when you change your Gmail password, your google account password will change with it at that same time. Therefore, the new password now becomes the valid password for your Google Products. Google products include YouTube, Google Photos, and Google Maps.
You can recover your account if you forgot your password. At this time, you can recover and change the password as well. Read on for details.
Note: When you sense that your account has been hacked, the best thing to do is to scan the computer for malware and keylogging software before you change your password.
Steps to Change your Gmail Password
- Right on your Gmail account, move to the setting. The settings bar is a gear icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Find accounts and import bar. When you select Accounts and Import, you will see more options. proceed to change account settings and,
- Select the Change Password from the option.
- Next, you would be told to enter your previous password into the provided space.
- Afterward, click on NEXT to continue.
- Create a new password. 1 Enter it into the first box and confirm it by re-entering it into the second box provided.
Note: Make sure that the password is stronger than the previous password.
- Afterward, Click on CHANGE PASSWORD to complete the change.
The thing you should know to avoid being hacked
If you think that your account is been used y someone when you are not aware, then here are things to ensure that your account will be safe:
- Ensure you sign out of your Gmail account when you are done with what you want to do.
- Google will also send a protection mail to you when your account is logged into another device. Always verify it to ensure safety. 2
- You should enable Gmail 2-step authentication.
How to Recover Your Forgotten Gmail Password – Gmail Password Recovery
Google is the leading email service or electronic mail service, provider. Ever since it took down its competitor yahoo mail. The company or the google digital product; Gmail has continued to thrive leaving other email companies behind. That being said, this post is primarily to show you how to recover your forgotten Gmail password.
This article is targeted at people having the following question;
- Can’t remember the Gmail password or recovery email?
- Gmail can’t recover the password?
- How to change the Gmail password recovery email?
- how to get Gmail password recovery?
- Gmail can’t reset the password?
- How to change the Gmail password recovery phone number?
- How can the Gmail password recover?
So we are going to delve straight to the official method of recovering your lost Or forgotten Gmail account password. To enable you to do Gmail login with your Gmail to login credentials.
Gmail Account Password Recovery – Forgotten Password – Google Account Password Reset
We are going to taking you step by step to all the password recovery methods Google offers its Gmail users in the event that they forgot their google account or Gmail password.
Last remembered Password Recovery Method
As quickly as possible, all you need to do is to access the google account login page at www.gmail.com/sign-in.
- With your browser visit the sign-in page above.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Key in the last password you used to log in to your google email, that’s if you can remember any.
- Tap on submit to proceed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
Secondary Email Password Recovery Method
Tap on the “Try a different question” link to recover the password using the backup email or secondary email used during the account setup.
- Input the secondary email you used during your Gmail account registration.
- After keying in the email you used when you did the Gmail account setup, an email on how to reset your Gmail password will be sent to you.
- Follow the instruction on the Password recovery email to reset your google account password.
However, if you don’t have access to the secondary email you used during the Gmail account sign up, users can turn to alternative or account recovery method three “Answer Security question”. A form of account protection google passed earlier google account holders in other to protect their account from people who would want to gain access to it.
How to Recover your Gmail Forgotten Password through Security Questions
There are several password recovery methods Google put in place for recovering users’ passwords if forgotten, one such method is what we have made known to you through the last remembered password. Secondly is through the secondary email address used as a backup email during Google email account setup
We are going to show how to recover your password by answering the security questions you answered during Gmail account creation.
- Firstly, Tap on the “Try a different question” link.
- Hit on the answer security questions.
- You will be taken to the security question page.
- Hit on the question and provide the accurate answer supplied during the account sign-up. (Questions such as what’s your mother’s Median name, what country do you grow up in, what is the name of your favorite teacher, what city did you grow up in, what is the name of your best friend, etc).
How to Secure Your Gmail Account
Let’s assume you have recovered your account password with the new password you have created, the next thing is to secure your account not only from fraudulent activities but also from unwanted access. Use password recovery when next you forget your account password.
You can secure your account by reviewing the “Check the security settings associated with your Gmail account” pop up by Google. The pop up will suggest or provide a means where you can add a phone number, current backup email which allows easy password recovery with just a 6-digit text code sent to your phone number as a text message or to your email as a text PIN with a link to the PIN input page.
Account Security Check
To check if your account is properly secured, you will need to go to the settings and check these five basic things;
- Firstly, A backup or secondary email,
- A phone number,
- The device last signed in to your account,
- The location from which the device signed in and
- A sophisticated password that can’t be easily figured out by hackers and other online fraudulent users.
How to get it done
- Open your browser, and visit the google Gmail account page.
- Sign in to your account using your account username name; email and password.
- Go to the Google Account Settings page.
- Click on your profile image (the first letter of your first name if you don’t upload a profile picture yet) in the upper-right corner, then “My Account.”
- On this page, click “Signing in to Google.”
The New Account Security Settings – Two-Factor authentication
Recently, Google released a two-way authentication for security reasons. This is to make sure the real owner of the account gives a login or an account sign in consent from the registered device or phone number on the owner’s account before an account sign in with the username and password.
To highly secure your google account we recommend you do the Google two-factor authentication set up by going to your account settings and enable it