Tired of reading your iBooks collections on small screens? I will be showing you how to read your iBooks on a bigger screen specifically on Windows devices. With the methods I will be showing you, you will no longer have to endure reading your iBooks on smaller screens, but will be able to read it on the screen that you want.
Before we proceed further, here’s what you should note. Some downloaded eBooks from iTunes may be copyright protected with Apple’s digital rights management. This makes them hard to be opened or read by ePub-supported readers. In this case, if you have DRM-protected iBooks, you can, first of all, remove the right before opening iBooks on Windows. To remove the rights:
- Right-click iBooks in iTunes. Click on ‘Get Info’
- Tap on ‘File’ to check if you have DRM-protected iBooks. If you find any, you can use DRM removal software like Requiem, TunesKit iBook Copy for Mac, as well as other apps to remove the DRM protection.
How to Read iBooks on Windows
iBooks is only compatible with Apple devices as such may pose a difficulty while trying to access it on your Windows device. However there’s a way you can access it through PC.
Reading iBooks with Data Transferring Software
You will find using a data transferring software the best way to reading iBooks on Windows. Not only will it save you the time and effort, but it is also something you can do with only one click. Currently there are lots of software you can choose from to do this. But we will using the ApowerMirror and EaseUS MobiMover in doing this.
The ApowerMirror app is the best software you can use if you prefer screen-mirroring your iBooks to your PC instead of actually transferring the data. The best part is, it is completely free to use this app. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit ApowerMirror
- Click on the ‘Download Now’ tab at the bottom of your screen.
- Give time for the software to download.
- Once the download is complete, double click on it and confirm the installation
- Wait for it to install completely before you open it.
- Thereafter, connect your Apple device to ApowerMirror using AirPlay
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi is up and running to avoid encountering any issues.
- You should be able to see your Apple screen reflected onto your PC.
- Scroll to the iBooks app and choose click on the iBook you want to read.
That’s it. It’s that simple!!!
How to Read iBooks on Windows via iTunes
The most commonly used method when it comes to data transfer, is syncing iPhone data from iPhone/iPad to Windows through iTunes. To successfully use this method, ensure you have the current version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- Start with connecting your iPhone/iPad to the computer
- Then iTunes will open automatically. If it doesn’t, you can open it manually.
- Scroll to Account >Authorize This Computer
- Key in your Apple ID and password
- Head over to File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from your device name
How to Read iBooks on Windows Via EaseUS MobiMover
EaseUS MobiMover enables you share as well as transfer files/data from any Android or iOS device to your PC. This software is thorough and free to use.
- Go to EaseUS MobiMover and tap on the blue ‘Free Download’ for Windows
- Give time for it to install, then launch the software
- Connect the Apple device to your PC through the USB cable.
- You should be able to see your device at the top left of the EaseUS window.
- Towards the right, tap on ‘Transfer to Computer’ from one of the four options.
- You will notice all the Apple apps pop up on the next screen
- Select iBooks and click on ‘Transfer’ at the bottom edge of the pop-up window.
- Once the transfer is completed, tap on ‘View at the same edge in order to view your downloaded files.
Note:If decide to use ApowerMirror, you’ll notice the same screen reflected from the Apple device to your PC screen. You will be able to view iBooks in the same format with its text options, reading modes etc. Basically, you will be in control of what you see on your PC screen. But if you decide to use EaseUS MobiMover, you can only view the ePub files themselves.