How to record on PlayStation Vue:Have you tried recording shows on PlayStation and it seems not to be successful? Maybe you’ve not been doing it correctly. Never mind, this post is for you.
PlayStation Vue is a cloud-based Digital Video Recorder service.
As a PlayStation Vue subscriber, you can record any video of your choice, in order to see them later. You can also select some programs that are yet to be uploaded for auto-recording.
As long as the selected programs are under your ‘My Shows’, once aired, they will be recorded, even if your device is off.
It’s interesting to know that even while you might have switched devices, PlayStation Vue still records those selected shows.
Below, we will show you steps on how to record on PlayStation Vue
How to record on PlayStation Vue
There are different ways to record on PlayStation Vue, depending on the device or browser you’re using.
How to record on PS Vue using your PC
- Log in to https://vue.playstation.com/watchand sign in to your account.
- Select Channels.
- Choose your favorite channel.
- Select the show you want to record.
- Click on the “+” sign under My Shows.
Once you’re done, ‘My DVR’ is activated to record the Shows you’ve selected as soon as it is uploaded.
You must log in to your account to watch the show. You should then click on My Vue, select your show, and play it.
To watch recorded programs:
- Log into your account
- Click on ‘My Vue’
- Select your show
- Play it
That’s easy, right?
How to record on PS Vue using PlayStation 4
- Open the service on your PlayStation 4
- Go to the main screen.
- Search for your preferred channel using the magnifying glass or to the show directly if you already know it.
- Press the R1 button on your PS4 controller.
Pressing the button will set My DVR to start recording the show anytime it airs.
After the show has been recorded, press the L1 button on your controller to open My DVR. Then select your show and play it to start watching.
How to record on PS Vue usingAmazon Fire Stick or Roku
- Open PS Vue on your Roku or Amazon Fire device
- Go to the main screen.
- Search for a show by selecting the magnifying glass or go to the show directly
- Press the down button on your remote to open the menu.
- Select My DVR to set it to start recording the show anytime it goes live.
After the show has been recorded, open My DVR to start watching it.
On Roku, you can watch the show following these steps:
- Press the up button on your remote
- This will open My DVR
- Select the show and press play
While on Amazon Fire Stick
- Select My DVR by pressing the Menu button on your remote
- Select the recorded show
- Press play to watch it
How to record on PS Vue using Apple TV
- Open the service on Apple TV
- Go to the main screen.
- Search for any show by selecting the magnifying glass or going to the show directly.
- Open the menu by swiping up the remote.
- Select My DVR to set it to start recording the show anytime it is aired.
Your recorded shows and videos are stored in My DVR. You’ll also find the on-demand shows that you want to watch on My DVR.
What devices can you use to access PlayStation Vue?
You can access PlayStation Vue via a variety of devices, some of which are listed below:
- PlayStation consoles (3 and 4)
- Roku TV
- Android devices ((Android 5.0 and higher)
- iOS devices (iOS 9 and higher)
- Personal computers
- Smartphones and tablets
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire
- Android TV
- Google Chromecast
With these devices, you can either stream or watch your recorded shows. You can also use more than one device on your PlayStation Vue account (up to 5 devices). This feature allows everyone in the family to enjoy their favorite TV shows simultaneously.
Can you watch PS Vue on your phone?
Yes, you can watch PlayStation Vue on your phone. PlayStation Vue allows both Android devices and iOS devices while use the PlayStation Vue app.
You can also access PlayStation Vue on your internet-enabled phone on the web by logging in to psvue.com/watch – as long as your phone can support streaming.
How to use Fix Your Location on PlayStation Vue
- Open PlayStation Vue on your browser and sign in to your account
- Click on your Account name
- Click on settings
- Select Manage Subscription
- Then Subscription Summary
- Click Fix Your Location and follow the instructions
And that’s it; done!
Can you watch PS Vue away from home?
Yes. You can stream PlayStation Vue on up to 3 devices at simultaneously even when you’re not home. Also, you can watch sports from your home area channel when you’re not home.
However, if you are a Set-Top-Box or stick user, you can only use one device at a time. That is, while away from your home network.
As earlier mentioned in this post, you can only stream PS Vue from outside your home network for 2 months.
You’ll be directed to sign in from your new location on the 60th Day to keep streaming.
Can you watch PlayStation Vue while traveling?
Yes. You can access your favorite shows from the My Shows library on PlayStation Vue while on transit. You can add shows to your library and even stream on-demand shows.
However, you cannot record any content that is peculiar to the place you traveled to.