Guess what? With your Mac device, you can write in a PDF if you want to. Yes! If you don’t know how the process works, be our guest as we take you through it.
What is PDF?
A PDF, which is an acronym for Portable Document Format, is a proprietary publishing format created by Adobe. Over the years, this format has become quite popular. Likewise, with more and more people becoming aware and using it to share documents over the internet. Hence, when you write in a PDF file, you can easily share editing comments with someone.
Remember, Mac computers are designed with a document viewer known as Preview. With this document viewer, you can write in a PDF file in two distinct ways. Firstly, you can write directly on top of the PDF file. Again, you can also add an annotation, or sticky note to a PDF file using Preview.
How to Write Directly on a PDF – How to Edit a PDF Mac
Want to learn how to write directly on a PDF?
- Click open a PDF file in Preview. You can do this by pressing “Control” on your keyboard and clicking on the PDF file. Choose “Open with” and then select Preview”.
- Tap on the “Tools” button which is at the top of your screen. Select “Annotate” and “Add Text”. An empty text box will pop up on top of the PDF file.
- Then re-size the empty text box to your preferred size. You can easily do this by clicking and dragging at the corner of the text box to expand or reduce the size of the box.
- Write a message inside of the text box. The text will pop up directly on the PDF file.
- You have to save the file to ensure your text is saved. Do this by clicking “File” and then “Save as” to save the file.
Annotate the PDF – How to Edit a PDF Mac
To annotate the PDF:
- Firstly, tap open a PDF file in Preview. Do this by pressing “Control” on your keyboard, then click the PDF file. Choose “Open with” and then select “Preview”.
- Tap on the “Tools” option which is at the top of your screen. Choose “Annotate” and then “Add Note”.
- Tap anywhere in the PDF file that you want to annotate. A yellow sticky note will be displayed.
- Then write a message on the sticky note. When another person opens the PDF file, he can click on the annotations and view your comments.
And just like that, you now know how to write in a PDF with Mac. It wasn’t that difficult, was it?